Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2020, 09:52 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,767 times

Advertisements

My store has been flooded with new patrons wearing MAGA hats....and are PoC. This is in NC an hour from Charlotte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2020, 10:06 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,904,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I didn't watch it, none of my Democratic friends or family members watched it, and the claim that a lifelong Democrat would vote for Trump after that is quite frankly laughable.
Don't laugh. You'll be crying when Biden/Lightweight Harris go down in defeat! Not all Democrats are anti-America! And blacks are woke and starting to realize that the Democrat Party has done NOTHING for blacks, except talk!

Old 08-26-2020, 10:09 PM

Quote:
This is like new parents arguing over which has the cuter baby, they might argue about it but there's no way to change their opinion that their baby is the cutest in the world. I don't like Trump's policies, it doesn't matter to me how great Tiffany's speech was I still don't like Trump's policies and won't vote for him.
Voting for Biden is like voting for Crooked Hillary. Biden & Hillary are habitual losers! Biden picking a lightweight like Harris was a YUGE mistake! People HATE her!

Old 08-26-2020, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Not really because I'm seeing the same thing happen with my Brother and Sister in law. They were die hard Trump supporters, and had voted Republican all of their adult lives, but they feel like Trump's approach to Covid implied that he didn't care about older people in the US (they are in their early 70's) and living in rural Missouri and getting their prescription drugs over two weeks late changed their mind. They said they still couldn't have voted for Hillary, or Elizabeth Warren, but that Biden seems middle of the road enough that they are going to vote for him. Mind you, they still like Trump personally and are blaming "the people around him" for his missteps but that's not enough to make them vote for him again.
Your parents sound confused. Go ahead and vote for Biden and be REALLY MISERABLE!

Old 08-26-2020, 10:17 PM

Quote:
What policy has Trump advocated that attracts 'middle of the road' folks? Cutting Social Security, ending the ACA with no replacement, more tax cuts for the wealthy?
Trump is NOT cutting Social security. That's fake and was falsely started by the Democrats, who want to give social security benefits, free college, AND Medicare to ILLEGAL ALIENS. Be nice and tell your parents about THAT!

Old 08-26-2020, 10:28 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
If you step back and look at both conventions, Democrat last week and now the Repubican one this week, both are opposites.

It's very clear which is looking forward (Republican) and which is looking backwards and full of anger (Democrats).

The Republican strategy and plan is pro-America, while the Democrat strategy and plan is pro-anything but America.
Yeah, Republicans think the COVID-19 crisis is all gone now just like what Trump said.

Old 08-26-2020, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I despise the GOP too. I vote for the GOP for one purpose only - to move the country slightly away from the racist democrats/communists.
If you want to see the riots and looting get worse, then vote for Trump.

Old 08-26-2020, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dump1567 View Post
Imagine how much more support Trump would have if the average citizen wasn't told what to believe & think by the fake MSM.
But more people watch Fox News and love Trump supporter, Sean Hannity.

Old 08-26-2020, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Don’t kid yourself. I watch CSpan often in the morning and have heard this numerous times. Democrats claiming they no longer relate to the party policies and will vote Trump because the like what he’s done. This includes black callers.
Lots of Republicans are voting for Biden, so it will all even out.

Old 08-26-2020, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Yes, he has a plan to end COVID on his website. His plan is to find a vaccine. No one else has ever thought of that...
Democrats have also thought of it. Why do you think they want to restrict businesses and require mask wear until a vaccine is found?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies