Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 09:29 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times

Advertisements

We all know this white privilege crap is concocted by the left. It’s 2020 not 1750. Idiots!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2020, 09:32 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,670,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
I can't speak to the entire country, but where I work (75,000 employees) people of color, particularly women, are fast tracked to the top. They're way over represented in executive positions relative to the work force in general. Some are spectacularly good at their jobs and absolutely deserve it. Others, not so much. An interesting side effect is that some POC/women who truly earned their positions are miffed (rightfully so) that unqualified POC/women are being promoted because it diminishes their accomplishments.
Sorry to hear that. No such thing as merit based anymore which will put a real drag on the business.

Old 08-25-2020, 09:36 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,670,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
We Indian Americans cannot qualify as "people of color" no matter how dark we are just because the term "people of color" has been redefined NOT by the color of one's skin but by being underrepresented in certain sectors.

The college I worked for used the non-white bias for hiring and admissions. Does that definition work?

Old 08-26-2020, 01:30 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,524,730 times
You know what the biggest factors are? A two parent family and valuing hard work and education.
Not valuing "hooking up drug culture and gang culture and having a 74% unwed mother birth rate.

Old 08-26-2020, 01:40 AM

1,485 posts, read 954,886 times
"White privilege" is a myth.

Old 08-26-2020, 03:37 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
I can't speak to the entire country, but where I work (75,000 employees) people of color, particularly women, are fast tracked to the top. They're way over represented in executive positions relative to the work force in general. Some are spectacularly good at their jobs and absolutely deserve it. Others, not so much. An interesting side effect is that some POC/women who truly earned their positions are miffed (rightfully so) that unqualified POC/women are being promoted because it diminishes their accomplishments.
Do you happen to live in the DC area? Because I do, and this was my experience as well. But it wasn’t so much women as it was blacks and, surprisingly, gays. Around 25% of the management-level jobs (director and up) were held by gays and about half by blacks, (I remember one co-worker joking that if you were black AND gay, you’d be made one of the VPs in no time flat.)

The end result of promoting people based on skin color and sexual orientation was two-fold: 1) we had a lot of incompetent people in management jobs, and 2) we had fast turnover among straight whites,

P.S. The president of the company was an extreme progressive. He had a big celebration party when Obama won (2008) and we were practicality forced to attend. My own boss (who was black and gay) told his entire department that if we didn’t go it would have a strong negative impact on our careers there.

Old 08-26-2020, 05:40 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica93 View Post
I think we can all agree that the U.S. has institutions that are inherently biased. The fact that a black guy would pay a slightly higher mortgage rate than me for the same house just due to the color of his skin is absolutely ridiculous.
You need to remember rule #1.

The mainstream media is propaganda and race division that treats blacks as a victims and not accountable to their own actions is what the selling narrative is.

What you wrote is false.

Asians get the lowest rates and blacks the highest rates. Why?

Math.

How mathematically risky is the borrower based on debt, debt history, income, how much they want to borrow, etc.

Black people on average have larger debt ratios, more debt that they aren't paying on, and often go for homes that are a bigger ratio to their income.

I know the narrative is that black people are hapless, so they can't avoid the same traps that Asians avoid. But at some point those blacks that do hold themselves accountable do in fact get lower interest rates.

https://www.financialsamurai.com/mor...rates-by-race/

It is against the law to give someone a higher/lower mortgage rate due to their race. You say that it happens systemically. Find examples - even just one example, take it to court and win millions for the victim(s) and get a cut of the windfall.

Do you want to know why this would be a nearly impossible task for you to do?

Mortgage lenders have been REQUIRED to collect data on race since the 1970s to PROVE that they don't discriminate. That the rates are ALL based on MATH. How risky is the borrower based on their debt, debt history, income, and how big of a home that they are buying.

Your discrimination example of white privilege is a fiction. Perhaps you can wake up to how SJWs and the mainstream media manipulate you into believing BS.

https://www.zillow.com/blog/race-que...cation-196006/

Old 08-26-2020, 06:02 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Oh, yet another thread with people (intentionally?) misunderstanding the notion of privilege. How novel!

Old 08-26-2020, 06:16 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,219,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You need to remember rule #1.

The mainstream media is propaganda and race division that treats blacks as a victims and not accountable to their own actions is what the selling narrative is.

What you wrote is false.

Asians get the lowest rates and blacks the highest rates. Why?

Math.

How mathematically risky is the borrower based on debt, debt history, income, how much they want to borrow, etc.

Black people on average have larger debt ratios, more debt that they aren't paying on, and often go for homes that are a bigger ratio to their income.

I know the narrative is that black people are hapless, so they can't avoid the same traps that Asians avoid. But at some point those blacks that do hold themselves accountable do in fact get lower interest rates.

https://www.financialsamurai.com/mor...rates-by-race/

It is against the law to give someone a higher/lower mortgage rate due to their race. You say that it happens systemically. Find examples - even just one example, take it to court and win millions for the victim(s) and get a cut of the windfall.

Do you want to know why this would be a nearly impossible task for you to do?

Mortgage lenders have been REQUIRED to collect data on race since the 1970s to PROVE that they don't discriminate. That the rates are ALL based on MATH. How risky is the borrower based on their debt, debt history, income, and how big of a home that they are buying.

Your discrimination example of white privilege is a fiction. Perhaps you can wake up to how SJWs and the mainstream media manipulate you into believing BS.

https://www.zillow.com/blog/race-que...cation-196006/
Yep, lol I couldn’t believe that this poster actually thought that someone could pay a higher mortgage rate due to the color of their skin. This embodies someone who doesn’t think for themselves or do the needed research. No two borrowers have the same score, credit history, debt to income ratio, etc.

There is also literally a video of a black female protestor spitting in a cop’s face with no repercussions. I do think there is bias to how people view either protests. IMO, both protests have their merits, it is just one protest movement has been hijacked by more violent and radical people at the moment.

Old 08-26-2020, 06:20 AM

407 posts, read 123,030 times
Why are there different flags for non-white Americans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies