Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2020, 04:36 AM

51,663 posts, read 25,896,174 times

Advertisements

Federal officer Dave Patrick Underwood died in Oakland, CA on a nearly empty street in a drive-by shooting by a Boogaloo supporter.

In Charlottesville, an alt-right supporter drove his car into protesters, killing Heather Heyer.

Two in Kenosha murdered.

Nothing new. RW folks have murdering folks for some time now.

https://www.splcenter.org/20180205/a...killing-people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2020, 04:37 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,062,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yes, I know what this thread is about - and that is my question. WHY do we have a 45-page thread when a conservative is the killer, and yet there hasn’t been a thread about any of the dozen or more BLM leftist killers? Why haven’t posters described all these leftist Antifa kids as dull normal Biden admirers?

Oh, I while I gather you sympathize with the BLM murderers, I sympathize with none of them - this particular kid or the dozen of BLM killers, or the thousands of BLM rioters.

That's the thing Rachel - if these BLM/Antifa murderers existed, they would be boring to study and discuss. Their motives would be clear, their intent undeniably wicked. This Rittenhouse kid is fascinating to people because he appears to be a lost soul, and his actions/decisions are difficult to understand. Don't you get that?

I don't sympathize with any of the criminals either, but the protestors have my sympathy and the demonstrators have my support - absolutely.

Old 08-27-2020, 04:41 AM

30,321 posts, read 23,805,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
He drove 15 miles with his loaded AR15 to "get involved" in the protest. When he encountered it he immediately got in some altercation with several people - two of whom ended up dead (a skateboarder). At a minimum he is guilty of manslaughter. Now at 17 he gets to be tried as an adult and experience real tough guys when he gets to prison.
Do you know how many out of staters I've seen here with BLM crap all over their cars? You want to talk about driving a distance to "get involved in the protest"? And then they cause destruction and mayhem wherever they go, they intimidate, threaten, beat up, and kill people, and you're here whining about this kid?

ARE YOU FRICKEN KIDDING ME?

This is a kid who sees his future going down the toilet because the Dem governors and mayors won't do jack squat about these jack booted thugs out there destroying people and buildings.

No questioning of them? No, just some young kid who doesn't want his future destroyed by Marxist scum bags?

NONE of them should have been out there. But you all don't ever talk about the other side, do you? No one needs to "protest" at night. We all know what "protest" means to some of you. It's means "rioting".

Had those pos governors and mayors not tied the hands of the police behind their backs, all of this would have been over 3 months ago, but you all didn't say jack all about that, did you?

What I'm hearing from the Marxist apologizers on here is: "Stay home and take it."

No. And you will see more coming out and defending property and lives. You want to defund the police, (but then go crying to the police the moment someone doesn't back down), you want to take the law into your own hands, (and then cry to the police when someone plays by your rules), and act surprised that this sort of thing just might happen.

You can't terrorize communities without someone standing up and saying, "Hell no. Enough of this SH*T!"

This kid is not the first, and he won't be the last.

This is what lefties want, this is what they're going to get.

And for the reading comprehension impaired: Notice I said that no one should have been out there - not the kid NOR the insipid, whiny rioters.

Old 08-27-2020, 04:45 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,524,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Federal officer Dave Patrick Underwood died in Oakland, CA on a nearly empty street in a drive-by shooting by a Boogaloo supporter.

In Charlottesville, an alt-right supporter drove his car into protesters, killing Heather Heyer.

Two in Kenosha murdered.

Nothing new. RW folks have murdering folks for some time now.

https://www.splcenter.org/20180205/a...killing-people
Ah. Perfect example. Another leftist picking out killers in the right, while ignoring all the killers among the BLM leftist crowd. Even had to go back three years - Charlottesville, again - to find one. We have had a dozen people killed by leftists who are destroying the country, and killing people, and assaulting thousands, with their fake “black inequality” rage - and we don’t have to go back three years. Not a word against the BLM and ANtifa terrorists.

Old 08-27-2020, 04:49 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,524,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Do you know how many out of staters I've seen here with BLM crap all over their cars? You want to talk about driving a distance to "get involved in the protest"? And then they cause destruction and mayhem wherever they go, they intimidate, threaten, beat up, and kill people, and you're here whining about this kid?

ARE YOU FRICKEN KIDDING ME?

This is a kid who sees his future going down the toilet because the Dem governors and mayors won't do jack squat about these jack booted thugs out there destroying people and buildings.

No questioning of them? No, just some young kid who doesn't want his future destroyed by Marxist scum bags?

NONE of them should have been out there. But you all don't ever talk about the other side, do you? No one needs to "protest" at night. We all know what "protest" means to some of you. It's means "rioting".

Had those pos governors and mayors not tied the hands of the police behind their backs, all of this would have been over 3 months ago, but you all didn't say jack all about that, did you?

What I'm hearing from the Marxist apologizers on here is: "Stay home and take it."

No. And you will see more coming out and defending property and lives. You want to defund the police, (but then go crying to the police the moment someone doesn't back down), you want to take the law into your own hands, (and then cry to the police when someone plays by your rules), and act surprised that this sort of thing just might happen.

You can't terrorize communities without someone standing up and saying, "Hell no. Enough of this SH*T!"

This kid is not the first, and he won't be the last.

This is what lefties want, this is what they're going to get.

And for the reading comprehension impaired: Notice I said that no one should have been out there - not the kid NOR the insipid, whiny rioters.
To your last sentence, yes....I noticed. I also said in my post that I am opposed to the BLM terrorists AND this kid. But that’s the difference from these leftist posters. All they are doing is zeroing in on a “right-winger” at fault (one poster went back years to find some additional examples or right-wingers), and yet defend these BLM and ANTIFA leftists causing massive mayhem, destruction, injury, and death (or at the very least certainly not condemning them.)

Old 08-27-2020, 05:01 AM

57,414 posts, read 26,328,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
The shooter is a good example of what is wrong with LE in America... he aspired to be a cop, but he only understood the show-of-force mentality that so often takes center stage with weak cops. There needs to be higher standards for intelligence and more emphasis on diplomacy skills, negotiation and conflict resolution. His utter lack of training and confidence cost people their lives.

I don't think the kid is guilty of murder 1, I just think he is a naive, dull normal, Trump admirer who had hoped to become a cop some day.
One of the problems with the gun mentality in the US, grab a rifle and take matters into your own hands rather than the police or national guard. This is what happens when people think guns are the answer, two dead and this 17 year olds life ruined.

Old 08-27-2020, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
One of the problems with the gun mentality in the US, grab a rifle and take matters into your own hands rather than the police or national guard. This is what happens when people think guns are the answer, two dead and this 17 year olds life ruined.
So you're pro police?

Then why are you supporting these "protesters" who "only want to defund the police because 'brutality'"?

Old 08-27-2020, 05:15 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,123,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
In my opinion, and not knowing all the facts about who attacked who, a seventeen-year-old boy taking the time to get a rifle and charge into a riot is not there to negotiate or calm anyone down, or talk; he's there to shoot rioters and/or protestors (or protestors who escalated to rioting). Why would a kid under 18 think it was his job or duty to brandish or use a gun on anybody?
There was a counter-protest where men showed up carrying guns to defend businesses. I believe the kid was part of that group, just at one point got separated from them. And then the mob of rioters descended on him. As far as I'm concerned, too many of that mob are walking around fine and it would have been better for our society if they were shot and killed as well.

He brought a gun for protection. I see nothing in the videos to suggest he was the aggressor. All his shots were appropriate. If this kid gets a white jury, he will walk and do no time. Hell, these charges may not pass a grand jury. I think the DA wants to strong arm into pleading some 3rd degree murder charge. Kid better not plead! And many of us are sending donations for his political counsel and just a general pat on the back - job well done!.

Old 08-27-2020, 05:18 AM

I just watched the video linked earlier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlUc...ature=youtu.be

Mr. Big Mouth, "Shoot me, (racial slur)" WAS chasing the kid in the car lot. The kid WAS running from him, and Mr. Big Mouth was right up on him when the kid turned and shot him.

That was self defense.

Later on, when the kid ran away (again), one guy jumped over him and hit him, got shot, and another guy hit him with his skateboard, got shot.

All 3 shootings were self defense. All 3 times that kid was running away from them, and he did not shoot until each person was right on him.

Slow the video down to .25 speed, you will see it, clearly.

Old 08-27-2020, 05:23 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,589,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I just watched the video linked earlier:

Mr. Big Mouth, "Shoot me, (racial slur)" WAS chasing the kid in the car lot. The kid WAS running from him, and Mr. Big Mouth was right up on him when the kid turned and shot him.

That was self defense.

Later on, when the kid ran away (again), one guy jumped over him and hit him, got shot, and another guy hit him with his skateboard, got shot.

All 3 shootings were self defense. All 3 times that kid was running away from them, and he did not shoot until each person was right on him.

Slow the video down to .25 speed, you will see it, clearly.

That would be for a jury to decide. Hard to claim self defense when you travel 15 miles and go to a protest at 17 with your AR15 and get involved in the middle of a big mess. No one had a gun or knife who attacked him and kinda hard to say you were in fear for your life from a guy with a skateboard but both of those dudes are now dead. We don't know what he said or did before the video so some crucial context is missing.

Certainly guilty of manslaughter but again up to a jury.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies