Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2020, 07:14 AM

10,106 posts, read 7,771,136 times

Advertisements

Just another reason for Dems to vote for Biden. Anything bad posted of what Biden will do, the dems love and are all for it. I just don't understand but do what you gotta do to sleep good at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2020, 07:21 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Yawn, there is a low income complex right next to our nicer, more expensive complex and they don't bother us and we don't bother them
What kind of low income complex, is it workforce housing?
If it's typical subsidized low income housing, consider yourself lucky if you don't have a crime problem. And don't expect it to last.

Old 11-03-2020, 07:23 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Not the same people. The only ones getting subsidized housing are the ghetto, welfare queens and their crazy males lurking in the background from all over the county. The program Trump was getting rid of was to put low income housing developments in neighborhoods that were not low income.
They are the same. The only difference is in your mind.... They aren't crazy, welfare queens, criminals like you make them out to be. There are criminals at all levels of society. There are crazies at all levels of society. low income people must scare you. lol

This is pure class discrimination. You paint peoples' character with a broad brush based solely on the size of their paycheck.

Old 11-03-2020, 07:27 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Well, shoot.

Is Biden going to "do something" for black people, or isn't he?

If you claim he's going to move black people out of the ghettos into the suburbs, you can't also claim he's not going to do anything for them.
Did he say black people? I thought he said low income.

Old 11-03-2020, 07:28 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
The issue is that they are the same. The only difference is in your mind.... low income people must scare you. lol
Lower property values scare me because I've worked hard to afford to live in a very nice area. Also higher and higher property taxes scare me because they will be needed to subsidize all of this. Add potentially much higher crime rates, including violent crime, drug traffic, more crime and then the erosion of school quality and quality of life in general.

It is called the purposeful destruction of private property rights through social engineering manipulation. It is stealing value from one group to try to give it to another that haven't earned it.

lol my *ss.

Old 11-03-2020, 07:29 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Moving low-income people into middle-class neighborhoods has the same impact as moving low-achieving kids into average (or even high-average) classes. It benefits the people/kids at the bottom, but it is to the detriment of the kids who are average or above.

Old 11-03-2020, 07:33 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Did he say black people? I thought he said low income.
Well "poor kids are just as bright as white kids", said slow Joe.

Old 11-03-2020, 07:33 AM

2,173 posts, read 4,410,251 times
It's called "cultural marxism" and its the type of thing that radical left salivates over. Forcing low income housing down people's throats.

Old 11-03-2020, 07:36 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Lower property values scare me because I've worked hard to afford to live in a very nice area. Also higher and higher property taxes scare me because they will be needed to subsidize all of this. Add potentially much higher crime rates, including violent crime, drug traffic, more crime and then the erosion of school quality and quality of life in general.

It is called the purposeful destruction of private property rights through social engineering manipulation. It is stealing value from one group to try to give it to another that haven't earned it.

lol my *ss.
In case you missed it. I don't support government intervention in housing at all levels. Hence why I am also against government using eminent domain at the benefit of the wealthy. I do understand the reasons behind subsidization for low income... a lot of what they say resonates me but I am also not comfortable with this type of big government intervention.

In my particular case, my wonderful town was historically predominantly low income and mid blue collar workers. Many are being displaced by the wealthy moving in and rapidly rising rents. You speak of bringing low income people INTO you neighborhood... in my case, they are and have always been here and was a good reason why we have a nice town.

I would support government intervention to support/raise the quality of living of those in poor neighborhoods yes. Don't make it easier for people to leave... make it easier for people to make it better.

I also object to the class warfare that this thread reeks of.

Old 11-03-2020, 07:38 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
NJ does this. That’s why we don’t have gated communities and why are property taxes are so high. Any time a town or community starts to do well for itself the state comes and demands that the community build tenements and bring in and support low income people.
Moderators for US and World Forums
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies