Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2020, 06:03 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,204,355 times

Advertisements

Kyle Rittenhouse is not even close to being an American hero. Lol. He exercised very poor judgement in bringing a deadly weapon to an already volatile situation. I heard earlier today that he is being charged for 6 crimes.

Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.

Old 08-27-2020, 06:07 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,407,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Kyle Rittenhouse is not even close to being an American hero. He exercised very poor judgement in bringing a deadly weapon to an already volatile situation. I heard earlier today that he is being charged for 6 crimes.

Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.
and for the BLM people who brought guns and fire bombs?

Old 08-27-2020, 06:08 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,792,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
If he is so patriotic, why did he put his hands up and walk toward police then? (Innocent people do not put their hands up and approach police, expecting to be arrested).
I have a different take on that.

By walking towards the cops with his firearm to the side and arms up, he was demonstrating he was not a risk to them.

Police told him to get off the street as they raced off and responded to “ shots fired”.

Looks like he kept on walking and went home.

At this point it is unknown if he travelled with others or alone.

Old 08-27-2020, 06:09 PM

13,805 posts, read 8,039,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Well, when the cops have been neutered to the point that they're useless, that's what will happen. Get ready to see a lot more of it.

Exactly. If law enforcement will not adequately protect stores owners and mobs are allowed to run wild in the street expect citizens to start fighting back.

I'm in East Mesa, AZ and during the summer there were a few local riots. Nothing major like in other cities but there was some damage in Phoenix and Scottsdale.

Residents where I live were on the Next-door website talking about a possible riot occurring in nearby shopping area. Now, how anyone would know this is anyone's guess but fortunately nothing happened.

Just as well because many people here own guns.

If a mob came stomping around, smashed up a few cars and started spray painting on walls I get a feeling they'd regret it...fast.

9,329 posts, read 4,148,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Securing business and on the defense, exactly why our founders allow for guns. Disagree with this? Go hang out with trash and see where it gets you.
As far as I can tell, he's an ignorant criminal, which is not my idea of a hero.

Your use of the word "trash" shows your own bias.

14,690 posts, read 14,668,136 times
Yeah....this disgusting thread is where I make my exit from this forum.

Old 08-27-2020, 06:13 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,890,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
I don’t believe that most Americans feel this way. I feel like I am taking a moderate approach to this issue. I don’t like how some sides of the media are trying to slander him and some sides are trying to lionize him. He made a bad decision to go there, he transported a weapon across state lines that he wasn’t allowed to carry. Having said all of that, he was put in a bad situation where he panicked and had to defend himself. He is not a hero, he is a kid who was larping with the protestors.

He was not defending his house or business. Something tells me most Americans see this situation more similar to me.
It all depends upon what their news source is. CNN. and others absolutely tried to paint him like a mass shooter gone crazy. The reality is he was attacked. He defended himself. He was then attacked by multiple attackers, again while he was trying to get to the police. He defended himself again.

The Racist terrorist BLM rioters were trying to kill him. They kicked him, beat him with a skate board, he had every right to defend himself.

Old 08-27-2020, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
As far as I can tell, he's an ignorant criminal, which is not my idea of a hero.

Your use of the word "trash" shows your own bias.
He is no hero, but the criminals are the ones he shot. They got exactly what they had coming to them. We need more people to take a stand against those racist thugs.

Old 08-27-2020, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
If he is so patriotic, why did he put his hands up and walk toward police then? (Innocent people do not put their hands up and approach police, expecting to be arrested).
What planet are you from?

He was armed, he raised his hands to demonstrate to the police, who don't know him or his intentions, that he is no threat. Had there been no riot going on and had not been obviously armed he might not have needed to raise his hands.

The racist BLM thugs could learn from that boy. Dont want to be shot by the cops? Comply, don't act in a threatening manner. Dont do suspicious things like ignore reasonable commands and reach inside a car where your hands can't be seen. Pretty much common sense things.

Old 08-27-2020, 06:18 PM

16,114 posts, read 10,779,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Boy hero is the perfect poster boy. A high school drop out who got teased holding an AR-15.
The kid is a screwy doped up drop-out and has a history of gun nuttery and play-acting like a cop. Of course he's a sick little Trumper - why would we even have to ask? He is front and center at the Trump rally. His mommy actually drove him and his illegal gun to Kenosha across state lines. What did she think the little crackpot was gonna do? She enabled her little brat to create an incident that left two people dead. The cops are on camera praising his little turd for being there -- "We appreciate it" -- he was breaking curfew and was illegally carrying a gun. WTF? The cops call these squirrelly militia types "friendlies" and "good guys" based only on the fact that they are white. Can you imagine a group of young black guys with semi automatics getting praised for being on the street after curfew during a riot? Is there any wonder why there are people protesting the police? The kid couldn't get arrested holding a rifle and trying to flag down the police. He was a "friendly".

These armed militia incidents, and there are too many of them, are domestic terrorists at work. They have no authority and no business being out there creating more violence and disturbances. Little Kyle travelled 20 miles to shoot someone --- supposedly protecting property. Do you think some guy in Kenosha called up the crazy kid and asked him to protect his business? Nope, he was just there itching to shoot someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies