Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2020, 08:49 AM

4,669 posts, read 1,961,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I honestly think the majority of slights in every day life that blacks perceive as racism are from people just being as$holes in general.
Likely correct, how you perceive things in life makes a great deal of difference. There are a lot of self absorbed jerks out there the rest of us have to deal with. And lets face it we have all probably been that jerk at times when we are just not paying attention. Even simple politeness can be construed as bad. I grew up learning its polite to hold a door open for someone if you are walking up to it first and they are right behind you. I have on occasion had women get mad at me for being a chauvinist jerk for doing this. Yet i do it for everyone male or female. They just can't get it out of their heads that most guys are chauvinists. So their views of the World cause them to perceive actions as bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2020, 08:57 AM

17,828 posts, read 13,745,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
It’s the way she was raised. She was raised to be a professional victim. It’s like a sickness really. I’ve seen it in the real world from white and black people. It’s all about what happened in the home from ages 0-10. They see how their mentors react to situations and it becomes hardwired into their brains for life.

You could make her Queen of the world and she would find something to complain about. Nothing to do with race, it’s her hardwired victim personality.
She was "raised" by a two parent household. You know, the kind you are always saying black people should have. Her mother worked as a secretary all her life. Her dad was in the Army and after that he worked in the city of Chicago water plant as a pumper DESPITE having MS.

You know, she pretty much had the upbringing that right wingers are always harping about regarding the black community. Two parent household with working parents. A professional education for both kids. Both kids were successful at a high level in their profession. Michelle is married to her one and only spouse raising their own kids who of course are leading successful lives themselves.

Yet you STILL want to pi$$ and moan about this "victim" stuff. Knee jerk spouting out about "victim culture" is apparently "hardwired" into the right wing brain

Old 08-28-2020, 09:40 AM

36,588 posts, read 30,939,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
It's hard to judge the getting something from a shelf if the interaction is black and white. The whole world thinks old white people vote conservative. Perhaps Ms. Obama thought the old white woman was condescending, thinking she was the help. It's all in the way the lady asked for help.

But where I live nobody needs to ask. If a stranger in the store sees this really short old white woman struggling with items on a high shelf, they just hand it to me. And I thank them profusely.
Yes that is how it is in my community. People can talk trash about the south and call us racists all they want but blacks and whites are afraid to speak to one another for fear of offence, aren't afraid to ask for help from one another or extend help to one another.

I don't know how many times I have been in Wal Mart to have someone ask me for help or where something is like I work there or something. I've checked to make sure I wasn't wearing a vest or name tag.

I dont even know that I have had people cut in front of me black or white. People here will more often offer to let you go in front of them if your elderly, have little kids with you, have fewer items or look like your struggling or in a hurry.

Old 08-28-2020, 10:19 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,779,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Remember when she was upset that a short customer in Target asked her to reach an item from the top shelf for her?

https://www.business2community.com/u...loyee-01100745
I get asked (often) if I can help someone get something off a shelf (and offer to help shoppers) and never once did I think my skin color had anything to do with reaching in high places.

Old 08-28-2020, 10:26 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,883,864 times
I tried to reach something high on the shelf before but another person came in and help... He was white... I hope he didn't think I needed his help because he was white.... /End sarcasm

Old 08-28-2020, 10:30 AM

2,873 posts, read 1,154,602 times
This dame is always shopping for trouble.
Typical victim mentality. It's exhausting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies