Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2020, 04:49 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Kyle shot two people who were carrying guns. Are you saying that the "peaceful protesters" also have no business running around with guns?? Shouldn't they also be arrested and prosecuted??

You and the Left sure seem keen to defend these terrorists. Has it really escaped your notice that these a-holes have been running around "protesting" carrying and pointing guns at people and threatening them since the riots started?? Surely you don't think they should be exempt from the consequences of their illegal actions, do you??
Rosenbaum was carrying a gun? Skateboard guy was carrying a gun?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2020, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Wow, self-defense for the guy chasing the shooter and hurling a fiery object at them.

Um, hey poster making the curfew violation negates self defense claim how can the DA\prosecutor make that claim if their commission of a crime negated their claim of self defense.

From where I'm sitting this one smells like charges that are made to keep more riots from breaking out and that they'll be reduced or just accept a failed prosecution until winter-time in Wisconsin makes significant rioting nearly impossible.
There was no "fiery object". Read the reports. It was, evidently, a plastic bag - I have not seen it reported about what was inside the plastic bag.

Old 08-29-2020, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
im not really sure but ive heard on the radio that, Long Gun open carry is legal and there is no law about crossing state line.

there might be some classification for "vigilante" that might come into play but that entirely depends on WI law realated to what that means. I have also heard he did not cross any state line. i cannot speak with any certainty.

what i do know is, he retreated and was chased. He defended himself AFTER being attacked and attempting to flee.

One of the people he shot had a gun.

Open carry is legal in WI if you're 18 or older. Rittenhouse is 17.

Old 08-29-2020, 05:31 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
He violated multiple laws just being there with the firearm at his age. Which throws into question whether he is even eligible for a self defense claim as he was engaged in criminal activity.

He wasn't charged with minor in possession of a firearm, was he?

That charge could probably stick.

As for defending himself with the firearm, I've seen the video from two different sources and it's as clear a case of self-defense as I've seen in my lifetime.

He was being chased by a rioting mob that obviously intended to severely injure or kill him.

Each mob member that was shot was in the act of assaulting him at the exact moment they were shot.

Apart from going there with the firearm at 17 yrs, he should get a ****ing hero's parade!

Old 08-29-2020, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

As for defending himself with the firearm, I've seen the video from two different sources and it's as clear a case of self-defense as I've seen in my lifetime.

He was being chased by a rioting mob that obviously intended to severely injure or kill him.

Each mob member that was shot was in the act of assaulting him at the exact moment they were shot.

Apart from going there with the firearm at 17 yrs, he should get a ****ing hero's parade!

Yes, he was.

Have you even bothered to read actual reporting on this?

...Rittenhouse was also charged with possession of dangerous weapon by someone under the age of 18...
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nhouse-charges

Old 08-29-2020, 05:36 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,858,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeasterner1970 View Post
Sounds like some rando trying to be a cowboy and save town, but in reality has no idea what he is doing.

I’m glad the national guard is coming to town, and not more cowboy soldier wannabe types.
He took down three scumbags by himself, while being chased by a mob of violet thugs...I'd say he did remarkably well.
You lefties are just angry because you know none of the charges are gonna stick, and he will probably win a lawsuit against Wisconsin, that and the book/movie deal will leave him quite well off.

Should we start a new thread to pick who will play him in the movie, Mark Wahlberg is probably to old now. Hmmmm

Old 08-29-2020, 05:44 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,858,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Open carry is legal in WI if you're 18 or older. Rittenhouse is 17.
For all you fools claiming this open carry rule under 18, think about the tens of thousands of 16 and 17 year olds walking around with rifles this hunting season.
There's a reason why the open carry rules allow long guns to minors.
You all are gonna loose your minds when he gets off scott free.

Old 08-29-2020, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
For all you fools claiming this open carry rule under 18, think about the tens of thousands of 16 and 17 year olds walking around with rifles this hunting season.
There's a reason why the open carry rules allow long guns to minors.
You all are gonna loose your minds when he gets off scott free.

He was charged for it, professor. It's illegal.

I have to assume there are provisions for minors hunting, but I don't know WI laws on that front and I couldn't possibly care less about it, to be honest.

Old 08-29-2020, 05:54 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Yes, he was.

Have you even bothered to read actual reporting on this?

...Rittenhouse was also charged with possession of dangerous weapon by someone under the age of 18...
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nhouse-charges

Great, nice to have you onboard for the rest.

Old 08-29-2020, 05:55 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
I want justice to be served.. However I fear that justice will likely not be served in the legal system. One can only hope that justice will be served while he is awaiting bond being posted...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies