Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote For The Outcome Of The Murder Trial Of Kyle Rittenhouse
Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse murdered those young protesters 72 19.78%
Not Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse acted in self-defense 292 80.22%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2021, 08:49 PM

78,423 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy64 View Post
I didn't make a legal argument that GG was a hero, but what would you call someone who pursues a fleeing gunman who just shot someone on the street? In that narrow scope of the incident he could be seen as a *good guy* going after a *bad guy*, could he not?
You mean someone from a group of rioters deciding to pursue someone another rioter attacked?

Um, I'd call him an armed rioter, or now one-armed rioter.

You're like the 4th poster here to try to portray GG like he was just strolling along on his way home from bible-study when he encountered a shooter.

He was such a GG....he lied to the police about having a gun. Whomp whomp even GG didn't think he'd been a good guy. Thanks, bye.

Old 11-11-2021, 08:49 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,238,771 times
Quote:
I didn't make a legal argument that GG was a hero, but what would you call someone who pursues a fleeing gunman who just shot someone on the street? In that narrow scope of the incident he could be seen as a *good guy* going after a *bad guy*, could he not?
I would call him an dangerous idiot. It goes against the basics of firearms training. You never pursue a fleeing gunman, you call the authorities.

Old 11-11-2021, 08:51 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,754,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
That's awfully simplistic, especially in your wrongly assuming that all armed men are alike.
The subject of this OP almost went from being alive and armed to being dead and unarmed. You are absolutely right that is simplistic.

Old 11-11-2021, 09:01 PM

23,596 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You mean someone from a group of rioters deciding to pursue someone another rioter attacked?
I wonder why GG, Huber and the mob didn't go after Rosenbaum and either stop him from chasing Rittenhouse or pull him off of him once he'd caught up to him? And, why those in here, that are pro-criminal/anti self-defense, aren't saying that they should have done that? It's very similar to those on here yelling about Rittenhouse not tending to Rosenbaum after he'd been shot, while ignoring that GG, who claims to be a paramedic, couldn't even be bothered to tend to Rosenbaum after the shooting.

Quote:
Um, I'd call him an armed rioter, or now one-armed rioter.

You're like the 4th poster here to try to portray GG like he was just strolling along on his way home from bible-study when he encountered a shooter.

He was such a GG....he lied to the police about having a gun. Whomp whomp even GG didn't think he'd been a good guy. Thanks, bye.
Well to be fair, GG is a known liar.

Old 11-11-2021, 09:03 PM

13,264 posts, read 7,316,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
He didn't have his license or CCW when he was in Kenosha. I can't remember which he was asked about, but he didn't have one of those when asked.

It doesn't matter who has the least criminal history. He's trouble. You don't go recording police car models/makes and license plate numbers twice, for good cause.

I don't think much of Rittenhouse either. He's made several poor choices, is immature, and after this case, if he wins, there will be stories that come out making him look bad. He'll brag about it or something stupid like that. Count on it. But all of that has to be removed from mind when looking at the facts of the case.
If there was no videos or friendly witnesses likely he would have been convicted. That's something others need to consider when they have an idea like his group did head into the streets with guns.

Old 11-11-2021, 09:07 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
If there was no videos or friendly witnesses likely he would have been convicted. That's something others need to consider when they have an idea like his group did head into the streets with guns.
Well the people with guns better have body cams. Since our politicians have made the police impotent and these lunatics can riot, loot, burn buildings, destroy businesses, etc., more and more people need to arm themselves. Police aren't there to protect and serve, outside of the politicians. People need to take matters into their own hands.

Old 11-11-2021, 09:18 PM

78,423 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Well the people with guns better have body cams. Since our politicians have made the police impotent and these lunatics can riot, loot, burn buildings, destroy businesses, etc., more and more people need to arm themselves. Police aren't there to protect and serve, outside of the politicians. People need to take matters into their own hands.
Body cams is a REALLY smart idea. They've been used by police in my town for something like 13 years now and cannot be turned off. My previous city of Chicago however has kept them out for a long time and made them subject to officer tampering.

This should be an :aha: moment for you that BLM at least has some legitimate points.

It should also be an :aha: moment for the morons in BLM that a town in Kansas holds their police accountable prior to Obamas re-election while major US cities have not. Basically, the same folks that no longer march with you in 2021 are the ones that have been p*ssing down your backs the last 50 years telling you it was raining and that the rain was being caused by their political rivals.

But hey, don't take my word for it...ask the nominated Japanese Ambassador that helped cover up the police murder of a black teen. So egregious that when the Atlantic tried to make him an editor the employees threatened to quit so they rescinded the offer. Whomp. Whomp. Whomp. Even the Atlantic thinks Biden's nominee is a scumbag.

Old 11-11-2021, 09:28 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:
Pursuing Kyle as he is RUNNING AWAY TOWARDS THE COPS on Sheridan Rd is about as stupid as you can get for 2 reasons, especially if you are armed with a weapon

1) You are going to get shot by the cops because all they are seeing an armed gunman chasing another armed guy. In their mind, who do you think they think is the bad guy?
2) It’s going to be hard to claim self defense when when you are attacking someone and they are fighting back

Old 11-11-2021, 09:29 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Body cams is a REALLY smart idea. They've been used by police in my town for something like 13 years now and cannot be turned off. My previous city of Chicago however has kept them out for a long time and made them subject to officer tampering.

This should be an :aha: moment for you that BLM at least has some legitimate points.

It should also be an :aha: moment for the morons in BLM that a town in Kansas holds their police accountable prior to Obamas re-election while major US cities have not. Basically, the same folks that no longer march with you in 2021 are the ones that have been p*ssing down your backs the last 50 years telling you it was raining and that the rain was being caused by their political rivals.

But hey, don't take my word for it...ask the nominated Japanese Ambassador that helped cover up the police murder of a black teen. So egregious that when the Atlantic tried to make him an editor the employees threatened to quit so they rescinded the offer. Whomp. Whomp. Whomp. Even the Atlantic thinks Biden's nominee is a scumbag.
Did you see his testimony to approve his becoming an Ambassador? On the Anniversary of Laquon McDonald's death? It was disgusting how he lied when we all know he knew from the jump and covered it up.

I've also said for years every cop should have to wear a bodycam, and one that's tested each day before they leave the station. BLM had some valid points, but since they're a Soros creation and all the donations go to making a few people wealthy and the rest going to Democrats, it's no better than the KKK. They do the dirty work for the party.

If you have basic Hulu, check out Being Blago. I think you'd enjoy it. Ah, the good old days.....lol.

Old 11-11-2021, 09:39 PM

31,052 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Evidence, facts and justice have disintegrated in America.
If you disagree with the left who have disdain for America and Americans, you are a racist, terrorist and white supremacist.
This kid was judged and hung by the leftist media from day one.
America is doomed if this doesn’t stop.
Absolutely. We are not doomed, as you see Republicans are winning in places they were not expected to. The Democrats and their destruction in city after city and their failed insane policies are leading to losses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies