Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote For The Outcome Of The Murder Trial Of Kyle Rittenhouse
Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse murdered those young protesters 72 19.78%
Not Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse acted in self-defense 292 80.22%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2021, 07:49 PM

6,667 posts, read 2,975,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I agree, would like to see this end one way or another.

Just heard something else about kick-man, unidentified but supposedly Rittenhouse fired two shots at him and missed, don't recall that being brought up at trial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
There was something at trial about the total number of shots fired by his gun, and it was more than expected. This makes sense.
Don't we have a video or pretty much that entire encounter unbroken, from multiple angles?

I've seen the moment Kyle is kicked by Jumpkick man and the only time he appeared to fire at him was when he was on the ground already, and jumpkick man was almost in mid air mid kick. and he looked like he missed.

He most likely never seen him before that kick though.

That may have been what they are referring too.

Old 11-17-2021, 07:50 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
I did read the judge is seriously reconsidering his decision to have media live stream in the courtroom

Old 11-17-2021, 07:53 PM

23,597 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
I agree, would like to see this end one way or another.

Just heard something else about kick-man, unidentified but supposedly Rittenhouse fired two shots at him and missed, don't recall that being brought up at trial.
This is where the story originated:
https://newstalk1130.iheart.com/feat...jump-kick-man/

He seems to be a career criminal. Allegedly contacted the prosecution and offered to testify in exchange for immunity for other crimes but the prosecutors didn't go for that deal.

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
I said I gained more respect. Not that I didn’t have any to begin with. Although I will say it’s bizarre to have the defendant do the jury lottery.
Schroeder said he started allowing defendants to draw the alternates after one trial in Racine, when the defendant was Black and there was only one Black juror — at the time, the clerk drew the number and the only Black juror was dismissed.

https://apnews.com/article/kyle-ritt...059d97b17f85b7

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t demands action View Post
Not only that, but one of the prosecutors pointed out during the trial that he was firing FULL METAL JACKETS during his rampage. If that doesn't scare people that a 17 year old boy had this weaponry, I don't know what would.
I was issued a Squad Automatic Weapon with 3 x 200-round drums ,capable to fire 750-1000 round per minute , when I was a 17 year old PV1 with the 82nd airborne division. You scare now?

Also, it’s legal for a 17 year old to own an AR as long as the barrel length is 16”or longer in WI. There is a reason why that weapon charge was thrown out of court. Maybe you need to start to actually watch the trial before commenting

Old 11-17-2021, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t demands action View Post
But he did have an AR 15 on his person, did he not? Yes, he did. For a 17 year old to have an AR 15 should in theory be illegal under federal law, since he could not possibly have passed a background check.

Even if he is acquitted of the murders, AG Garland should look into the possibility of prosecuting him for this gun law violation.
Cite the federal law that says a 17 year old cannot have that weapon.

I'd say I'll wait while you look it up, but it's not worth waiting on since there's no federal law that says it a 17 year old cannot own that gun.

Old 11-17-2021, 07:59 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Cite the federal law that says a 17 year old cannot have that weapon.

I'd say I'll wait while you look it up, but it's not worth waiting on since there's no federal law that says it a 17 year old cannot own that gun.
My 12 year old granddaughter owns a semi-auto rifle.

Old 11-17-2021, 08:00 PM

Quote:
I don't like to see jury intimidation either but since this is about police have you ever seen someone accused of killing a police officer go to trial, they line the path into the courtroom and line the walls inside. I don't believe this is anywhere near that and protests outside of courts are typical.
Protests from some people, or, protest from blm, who are already very well known to be violent?

Old 11-17-2021, 08:00 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
I don’t disagree at all. The skateboarder was trying to take rittenhouse out because of the crowds belief that he was an active shooter. One big cluster of perfect storm. And this is why cops don’t approve of private citizens taking the law into their own hands and playing cop. Just exactly this.
Which is why the cops initially told KR "keep up the good work?" And This thing about Huber a Grosskeize thinking he was an active shooter and trying to take him down...I won't even address the utter nonsense of engaging an "active shooter" with a skateboard but GG was armed himself. If he believed KR to be an active shooter what is his justification for closing to PB range and pointing his weapon?

Just curious as I've always found it personally preferable to use my firearm to engage a dangerous threat from a standoff distance. I have no idea what was in his mind and don't pretend to but you seem to have a great deal of insight into that so I just thought I'd ask. You seem as well to have the same insight into Skateboard Superman's thoughts and reasoning as to how he thought he could take an "active shooter" down with a wheeled hobby implement. Not that the answers matter a fart in a high wind, as I said I'm just curious.

I've never been in an active shooter situation outside of a training environment but our course designers had, and their premise in design always revolved around an indiscriminate gunman picking targets at random. No simulation we had for an active shooter involved the shooter specifically targeting any one person then ceasing fire and running until being engaged by another person then running again and engaging another. The last one being presumably the person running the course and closing to spitting distance before raising their weapon.

As an instructor even if the situation described were actually used there would have to have been points deducted for closing to point blank. An active shooter surrounded by targets ( we call that a "target rich environment") who only engaged people who engaged him first. Would that be a mass murderer with a conscience? You certainly are hammering the "active shooter" thing. I don't recall that being so central an issue to previous opinions you've posted about this. Despite the fact it is as nonsensical a theory as I think I've seen yet it also seems to be a new arrow in the quiver.

NOTHING about this incident from start to finish is evenly remotely close to being construed that way. I only ever put my .02 in for course design once and that was an idea I had for testing students shoot/don't shoot judgement. No student saw the course until they stepped onto it It was set up in a burmed lane with an opaque barrier across the front. It could not be seen from anyone but the trainee and safety officer. So there was no seeing what other students reactions were with it either.

I t wasn't all that complicated yet all but one student failed it. And this was an advanced handgun training class. Every person in it was someone who carried a firearm as part of their job. It like all our other active shooter training situations was based on an actual mass shooter MO. Active shooters all have one thing in common. They are indiscriminate and use the panicked crowd they create as cover. They approach people they do not run away from them . Not once can I recall an active shooter situation in which the shooter tried to run away from the crowd.I was never the primary instructor for advanced classes because as I said I've never actually been in one and I mentioned my one and only input in course design to emphasize that.

But I do know mass shooters do not run away from the panic and mayhem. As Rittenhouse was indeed doing. But you are claiming to be able to work some feat of divination that Rosenbaum Huber and Grosskreize all had active shooter on the brain and even though Rittenhouse was attempting to flee after only shooting two specific people who engaged him first and the third person still believed a mass shooting was going on? And Grosskeize admitted he was only shot after pointing his own weapon at Rittenhouse who then left him alive and fled to the police. A 1st grader would not have seen mass shooter in those actions.

And if Grosskreize believed he was an active mass shooter after seeing Rittenhouse only shoot two people and run he has got to be the densest metal on the periodic table. If his intent was to stop an active shooter approaching that suspect to PB when he could have shot him from much further away. Though I'm not omnipotent and don't know what was actually in his mind my observations cast a bit of a pall on the active shooter theory. He knew full well as did the other two "heroes" that Rittenhouse was not engaging as a mass shooter. And this notion those three varmints were heroes tying to protect people...what springs to mind on that opinion could not be described as complimentary.

Old 11-17-2021, 08:01 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,792,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Protests from some people, or, protest from blm, who are already very well known to be violent?
The same BLM (or whoever it was) that sent death threats to the judge of all people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies