Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote For The Outcome Of The Murder Trial Of Kyle Rittenhouse
Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse murdered those young protesters 72 19.78%
Not Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse acted in self-defense 292 80.22%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2021, 09:46 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Have you been watching the trial or has the course of evidence coming out changed your mind? It sounds almost like you're saying he actually has a self defense case at this point?
It does, and good for Kell for having an open mind.

Old 11-09-2021, 09:59 AM

31,084 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Rittenhouse did a REALLY good job shooting these assailants, skateboard man got shot in the heart. One shot, one kill.

He disarmed the communist.

He put down the child rapist.

He did all of this without harming anyone who wasn't an assailant. The only blemish on his record was missing his shots at jumpkick man, but that's understandable given the circumstances.

Seriously, just a really impressive performance under extreme stress while being hunted by a violent mob.
It was a good day in this country when 3 violent felons were put down

Old 11-09-2021, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
That's your vision of America? Armed mobs threatening police and interfering in their pursuit of justice? Scary!
Heck, the Police were in cahoots with the armed people protecting their businesses. I know Leftist don't like it when Police and people protect their livelihood and prefer to stand up to Anarchist types trying to burn down their businesses The Police even tossed Kyle a water saying "Keep up the good work". Law enforcement working with people protecting their property during a riot, that's good work

Last edited by LS Jaun; 11-09-2021 at 10:16 AM..

Old 11-09-2021, 10:11 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Heck, the Police were in cahoots with the armed people protecting their businesses. I know Leftist don't like it when Police and people protect their livelihood and prefer to stand up for Anarchist types trying to burn down their businesses The Police even tossed Kyle a water saying "Keep up the good work". Law enforcement working with people protecting their property during a riot, that's good work
Marxists don’t like it when armed people protecting their towns from destruction though

Old 11-09-2021, 10:16 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times
Today, yet another prosecution witness helps prove self defense.

How much longer is this sham of a trial going to go on?

There's been more than enough evidence from prosecution witnesses to get a directed verdict.

Old 11-09-2021, 10:23 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
State's ME is testifying on cross that Rosenbaum was within inches and Rittenhouse and grabbing his hand around the barrel of his gun when he was shot. How is this still a trial?
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 11-09-2021, 10:29 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,357,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
It was a good day in this country when 3 violent felons were put down
Third guy was not a felon and was a paramedic. Had a couple of misdemeanor convictions but no felonies.

Old 11-09-2021, 10:32 AM

607 posts, read 555,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
ould be the media mislead us and likely there is good reason the prosecution is struggling with evidence to convict...
If anyone was misled by the media at this point, that's on them.

We've seen these cases over and over and over and over fit the same narrative -- the evil racist white person executed the poor innocent black person getting their life together. Buzzwords ("Hands Up Don't Shoot) and viral images (Chauvin with the knee on George Floyd) will be pushed daily by the small handful of conglomerates which run the entire MSM.

Then slowly, the actual reality of what happened will trickle out, mostly from alternative media sources, that show that the relevant parts of those early narratives are not just wrong but intentionally misleading constructs meant to induce advertising clicks and cause further noteworthy events (read: riots) to continue the cycle.

Fortunately, the race part is absent here, which hopefully will prevent riots upon Rittenhouse's exoneration.

Old 11-09-2021, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Third guy was not a felon and was a paramedic. Had a couple of misdemeanor convictions but no felonies.

A paramedic? What company did he work for? Didn't know Paramedics were running around armed

Anyway, 2 Felons dead including a Racist Skin head, and one Anarchist with a blown off bicep. A good day in American History for those who stand against Anarchist and Child Rapist

Old 11-09-2021, 10:35 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
It’s not required for KR to buttstroke or Kung Fu crane kick Rosenbaum before resorting to firearm/deadly force. If that was the case, I would be out of the job as a firearm instructor because nobody is going to be carrying a firearm to defend themselves. The question is, was KR reasonably in fear for his life from Rosenbaum? The answer is yes because KR was runnning away from Rosenbaum

Also, McGinnis was a crucial eye witness for the fist shooting (Rosenbaum), not the second and third shooting (Huber, Grosskrutz)
People who have never been in a confrontation that turned lethal just don't get it. People who have never handled a rifle don't understand how difficult it is to use a rifle as a melee weapon. Bat or butt stroking isn't as easy as it looks in the movies and if someone is offering up lethal force you respond with the same. I've worked as a firearms instructor myself. Everybody's methods differ in that but they all lead to the same result (hopefully) in the end. If the people you're teaching get into a jam with an assailant they emerge alive and the victor in the encounter.

Some clown draws a Glock on you while you're holding an AR? The response is a no brainer. I feels quite strongly KR did extremely well considering. A 17 year old with no serious formal training and experience did better than many who had the latter things may have done. And he's alive and unmaimed. Impressive. One rule I abide by as it was branded into my mind by those who taught me is once your weapon is in play diplomacy has failed and you better send it. Issue no warnings fire no "warning shots" (that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard). Both latter things give your attacker time to turn the tables.

Rittenhouse showed remarkable (and dangerous to him) restraint when he didn't just send Unicep to Boot Hill before he closed on him. But he waited until his attacker pointed his own firearm. It doesn't get any clearer than that. The goblin is lucky all he lost was use of that arm. That's because KR did not shoulder and fire his rifle while Mr. Unicep was further out. Snapshot. Close range assailant closing holding a pointed pistol. Both KR and Unicep were lucky in that encounter.

Both you and I Du Ma could analyze this all day and into the night with what if's. Were lethal force instructors. What if's is what we do. But as of now, there are no what if's. It's done and over and a 17 yo kid is alive to be in court because he did what he had to. Whoever instructed him should be proud cuz it sank in well. I've been in a lethal encounter and have decades of training and experience and I can't say that I could have done better in the same circumstances. Real life lethal encounters aren't like the movies. There's no script and you're not shooting blanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies