Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote For The Outcome Of The Murder Trial Of Kyle Rittenhouse
Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse murdered those young protesters 72 19.78%
Not Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse acted in self-defense 292 80.22%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2021, 02:33 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
What grounds can he be sanctioned, or disbarred that isn't case argument?
I think there might be cause for sanctioning for questioning KR on why he remained silent during the last year, a tactic which appeared to be intentional to tank the case so he could retry it later.

As for disbarment, I don't know if he's done anything to warrant that, I was more or less making a joke about the hair.

If disbarment came as a result of shady dealings during trials, there would be few attorneys left.

Old 11-16-2021, 02:43 PM

6,671 posts, read 2,977,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Respond to the concerns of the citizens.
People say stop rioting and burning my livelihood down.

Quote:
perpetuate the suffering of people
You just burned my livelihood down.

Quote:
then don’t be surprised if they act like they have nothing left to lose.
I'm going to get an AR15 to defend my livelihood from getting burned down.

Look,..I agree with the grievances. But these people cannot go blindly thrashing innocent people's towns.

The gov't is perfectly happy with a divided people. Why do you think they let the riots go on for so long yet once it's at their pearly doorsteps they flip out and it's WW3 all of a sudden.

Old 11-16-2021, 02:47 PM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Video shows Rittenhouse randomly pick the jurors who will determine what the rest of his life will be freedom, or life in prison.

So?

Old 11-16-2021, 02:49 PM

6,671 posts, read 2,977,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Scary thing is that he went home, he had a few roommates, next day he was acting all drunk, like when he woke up, so no one thought of it. But then he collapsed, that is when the first medical intervention came.

Roommate said he got home and said about fight, but brushed off as no issue, and everything seemed normal.
Yeah,..if you don't get a scan right away and just brush it off there is no telling what is going on inside your skull. My wife's dad died that way,..not from a skateboard but from falling and hitting the pavement, then ignoring it at his age.

Skateboards are no joke. It's not some 2 by 4 slab of wood that has air in it and can absorb impact. It is like 9 layers of super compressed wood flattened into a blade. On top of that you have the two metal trucks and huge bolts holding it in place.

When the prosecutor was mocking how dangerous it can be,."oh.,.look out mom and dad,..don't buy your kids skateboards for Christmas!",..I was like.,.you tone-deaf doof. If I was in the jury I would be offended at how dumb he thought I was talking to me like a 5th grader.

Old 11-16-2021, 02:49 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,755,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
The prosecution blew it by not reading the law before pressing charges.

The language of the law is clear....the only confusion is due to the disparity between what is said and what they wish it said in order to support the charges they wanted to bring.
The judge actually blew it by not stopping Binger when he went into the law on self defense. I was shocked when the judge let him go on about that. When I worked trials as a Court Officer on NYC the Judge immediately stopped any attorney who went into the law in his closing arguments.
That’s for the Judge to go into in his charge to the jury.

Old 11-16-2021, 02:52 PM

958 posts, read 1,106,446 times
Sorry people An AR 15 is not an ASSAULT weapon. wake the hell up.

Old 11-16-2021, 02:57 PM

29,825 posts, read 24,917,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
No ....what makes sense would be to enforce current laws and get the cheap, Saturday night special type handguns that are used in many more gun crimes than AR-15's out of the hands of violent criminals.

What makes sense would be to realize that the vast majority of AR-15's and AR-15 owners aren't a threat to anyone.

Of course that would make sense, but it's the government we are talking about... They don't always work in the most logical manner...

Old 11-16-2021, 03:01 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,153,249 times
Just a reminder that, when not in use, the U.S. military branches lock up their firearms in armories for a reason.

Old 11-16-2021, 03:05 PM

13,966 posts, read 5,630,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Skateboards are no joke. It's not some 2 by 4 slab of wood that has air in it and can absorb impact. It is like 9 layers of super compressed wood flattened into a blade. On top of that you have the two metal trucks and huge bolts holding it in place.

When the prosecutor was mocking how dangerous it can be,."oh.,.look out mom and dad,..don't buy your kids skateboards for Christmas!",..I was like.,.you tone-deaf doof. If I was in the jury I would be offended at how dumb he thought I was talking to me like a 5th grader.
Katie Pavlich made a good point the other night, that bears screaming into that idiot prosecutor's face - almost twice as many people are murdered by bare hands than rifles OF ALL TYPES every year.

Slashing and blunt melee weapons (each with their own category) outnumber rifle (all types) homicide by a factor of 5:1 in both cases.

Point being, you can end a life with your bare hands, a blunt object (like a skateboard), or all sorts of other ways other than a semiautomatic sporting rifle chambered in 5.56 NATO.

Most intelligent people already implicitly understand this.

Old 11-16-2021, 03:08 PM

26,505 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
The judge actually blew it by not stopping Binger when he went into the law on self defense. I was shocked when the judge let him go on about that. When I worked trials as a Court Officer on NYC the Judge immediately stopped any attorney who went into the law in his closing arguments.
That’s for the Judge to go into in his charge to the jury.
We live in a banana republic now.

Mobs are given space to destroy.

The prosecutor, representing the government can make a self-defense trial political. He can lie, he can violate court rules, etc.

Crowds can scream at and intimidate juror deliberations.

The mainstream media can brazenly lie to push a narrative when a person's life is in the balance.

Etc.

The country is balkanizing and dying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies