Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2020, 05:48 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,404,678 times

Advertisements

Yes. No one trusts your reporting, let alone your justifications and morality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2020, 05:52 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,246,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Because their "risks" they decide to take directly affect the lives of other people that didn't decide to take the "risk" and can potentially kill them because other people are complete idiots and ignore common sense and SCIENCE
More goalpost moving!
Outstanding work!
Really not surprised it's you!
Or maybe 18-24 yr olds are at incredibly low risk?
Never let a good crisis go to waste! (is that what they say?)

Old 08-29-2020, 05:53 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,359,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
It's a free country. Why not let people decide what risks they want to take? People who are worried should stay home and not let anyone who might be infected in. What's so hard about that?
Exactly! I'm 70 years of age, and was diagnosed with a heart condition, so I'm in the high-risk group; I wear a mask when on senior para-transit (due to a spinal condition, I no longer drive) and whenever a place of business mandates it. But the number of cases continues to diminish, and a better understanding of the disease has lowered the fatality rate.

"Doing your part" isn't always easy; re-breathing part of what you exhale can't be good for you, so I'm tempted to lower the mask below my nose whenever the opportunity presents itself, and I know I've got plenty of company in this belief. The New Puritans simply cannot understand that 100% enforcement is not possible; there is no absolute security on this side of the cemetery.

More and more of the people I interact with seem to be gravitating to the "Jim Morrison" attitude:

No one here [in this world] gets out alive!

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 08-29-2020 at 06:13 PM..

Old 08-29-2020, 05:56 PM

5,076 posts, read 2,287,570 times
Quote:
Because their "risks" they decide to take directly affect the lives of other people that didn't decide to take the "risk" and can potentially kill them because other people are complete idiots and ignore common sense and SCIENCE
If you scared people stay home, there’s no problem. YOU stay home. It’s for the good of these kids’ future.

Old 08-29-2020, 05:57 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,246,684 times
^^ who knew that total cases in the US are down since July 24 and deaths maxed out April 21?

Last edited by BoBromhal; 08-29-2020 at 06:14 PM..

Old 08-29-2020, 05:58 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,359,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

https://www.rcreader.com/commentary/...-social-policy

https://www.climatedepot.com/2020/05...cience-vacuum/

Yes, bottom line is "personal responsibility", and the liberals generally fall very short in that category.
Because the pursuit of unchecked power is a lot more attractive for faux "liberals".

https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co....-orwells-1984/

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 08-29-2020 at 06:25 PM..

Old 08-29-2020, 06:00 PM

5,076 posts, read 2,287,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
And the kids are going to congregate, whether its around school or at home.

They have reached the end of their patience. If you don't think so, you don't know teenagers.
Funny story... I was out running one day and there was a whole group of about 15 teenage boys at the basketball court. One kid had the ball and another kid tackled him and took him right down to the ground. While they’re literally laying on top of each other, the kid on the bottom says, “I don’t think this is very Covid-friendly.” I laughed so hard I had to stop running for a sec.

Old 08-29-2020, 06:02 PM

8,357 posts, read 2,981,436 times
Treat it like the flu and get back to work and school. Death rate has shrunk. Your miles may vary based on your local rates but many areas aren’t like NJ or NY. 37 deaths in my state with nearly the lowest rate in the country. I don’t wear a mask.

Old 08-29-2020, 06:03 PM

6,385 posts, read 4,846,086 times
Quote:
Then the rich can give up some of its wealth (In many cases UNDESERVED wealth) to get the poor kids some laptops. I dont think kids CHOSE to be broke. They didn't have a choice in the matter
I believe the looters all summer beat you to this idea.

Old 08-29-2020, 06:10 PM

8,146 posts, read 3,703,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Not going to happen. NY is 3-4 times higher in death rates than all but a few states.
And, that's telling you that the states mentioned in previous posts are doing great job?
Actually, death rates in AZ, MS, FL, TX, GA, AL, etc. are all extremely high (and a lot being added every day) considering that the peak was July - August compared to the early April in NY. Much more is known about the disease, there was time to prepare, treatments are significantly better, testing while not great is better than the March/April testing disaster created by the inept federal response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies