Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 11:16 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,472 times

Advertisements

Giving people other people’s money will not make them wealthy. The building of wealth is through productivity, saving, investing. 80% of professional athletes go broke within 5 years of retirement because they do the opposite; sit around, spend, consume. Hard work and money management need to be taught. Demanding equal outcomes is a fools errand. It only makes things worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2020, 11:18 AM

24,631 posts, read 9,454,674 times
I’m black, I’ll let y’all know when or if reparations ever hit my bank account.

Democrats will do and say anything to keep the black vote. Shameful.

Old 08-30-2020, 11:30 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I’m black, I’ll let y’all know when or if reparations ever hit my bank account.

Democrats will do and say anything to keep the black vote. Shameful.
and will wear anything like when white democratic politicians wear African clothing to show support lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM60WcASS2o

the difference between democrats and most republicans?

Democrats " diversity is our strength , look look we have a black person with us , what? oh his name you ask ? happens to be Rocko "

Republicans "look look Rocko is with us he thinks this, he thinks that, he has accomplished this and that...oh yeah he is black since you mentioned it."

Old 08-30-2020, 11:34 AM

6,223 posts, read 3,408,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cal...te-senate-vote. state Sen. Steven Bradford, D-Gardena, said. “I hear far too many people say, ‘Well, I didn’t own slaves, that was so long ago.' Well, you inherit wealth — you can inherit the debt that you owe to African-Americans."

As long as it only comes out of California's budget I think its a great idea..
Maybe next they can start on illegal alien unjust treatment or the California homeless.
Quote:
More than half a million people are homeless each night in the United States, a new White House report has found. And nearly half of them are concentrated in one state: California.
You go California!

Old 08-30-2020, 11:56 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,683,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
As long as it only comes out of California's budget I think its a great idea..
Maybe next they can start on illegal alien unjust treatment or the California homeless.

You go California!
I'm sure other states will happy to have CAs taxpayers.

Old 08-30-2020, 12:56 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Good them them.

As long as THEY pay for it and leave everyone else out of it.

Old 08-30-2020, 12:58 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
and will wear anything like when white democratic politicians wear African clothing to show support lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM60WcASS2o ......
It gets even better.

That garb was the colors of a tribe who were very active in the slave trading market

Old 08-30-2020, 01:01 PM

493 posts, read 192,500 times
I would almost agree with reparations if it meant no more affirmative action or any other special treatment of blacks, and if there would be a guarantee that future generations of blacks wouldn’t ***** and moan about being oppressed.

Old 08-30-2020, 01:03 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cal...te-senate-vote. state Sen. Steven Bradford, D-Gardena, said. “I hear far too many people say, ‘Well, I didn’t own slaves, that was so long ago.' Well, you inherit wealth — you can inherit the debt that you owe to African-Americans."

Well my family didn’t own slaves, my father was the first one to come to the U.S. that was in 1923, he was born here but the family continued onto Canada. My mother was first born in U.S. too.

Everything we have we worked for our parents gave us nothing...I owe no one.
since you're in Texas, this won't affect you.

Old 08-30-2020, 01:07 PM

18,727 posts, read 7,606,770 times
California voted to advance Reparations.

Good. Everyone who voted for this measure, or otherwise supported it, should write a check to cover the "obligation" they seem to feel.

I'm not sure who they should write it to, but I'm sure they'll think of something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies