Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 07:38 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,245,912 times

Advertisements

Is this Bigotry

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp

In her book, she describes how Melania didn’t want to move to the White House right away in part because she didn’t want to have to use the same shower and toilet as former First Lady Michelle Obama and was waiting for the bathroom to be renovated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2020, 07:40 AM

27,656 posts, read 16,147,064 times
They had to fumigate to get the ball stank outta there.
Is that what you want?

Old 08-30-2020, 07:42 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,199,645 times
First it’s a book written to make money..then Politico shows it....not reading the stupidity

Old 08-30-2020, 08:22 AM

2,921 posts, read 1,987,907 times
Why would she want to move in before renovations were completed? You obviously don't realize this, but even when the POTUS travels, a team goes days or weeks ahead to oversee things like a brand new mattress being brought in, and a new toilet being installed in the presidential suite of a hotel, for example. It's nothing new, the same was done for previous presidents. Do you believe Michelle Obama wanted to use the same toilet as 'ol G.W.? Of course not, things like that are always changed out.

Old 08-30-2020, 08:31 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Is this Bigotry

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp

In her book, she describes how Melania didn’t want to move to the White House right away in part because she didn’t want to have to use the same shower and toilet as former First Lady Michelle Obama and was waiting for the bathroom to be renovated.
I don't know....my wife and I have an old friend that thought it was stylish to put a black and white checkered pattern on the tile, walls, and toilet of her bathroom. And her house was a pastel purple. Then she couldn't figure out why the house wouldn't sell.

MAYYYYYYYBE the bathroom was just a style she didn't like. Heck, maybe Melania is the one that wanted a bright purple checkered bathroom, where Michelle was the "normal" one.

Old 08-30-2020, 08:34 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
I used to PT at Lws and HDEp

Takes 24 hrs to exchange a toilet and make sure seals dry. she was making excuses just not to move in with mrT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOH5T3BgfEk

Old 08-30-2020, 08:39 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
Why is this even a thing? Do we really care about how Melania feels about a bathroom? It must be a slow news day for the Trump haters..

All that I know is this is probably the first time in the History of our racist nation (their words not mine) that a black family has moved out of public housing and a white billionaire moved in. Maybe this is what the rioting cancel culture Demos really want when they protest to tear it all down for something new?

Old 08-30-2020, 08:40 AM

30,641 posts, read 18,249,084 times
This is nothing more but clickbait. The articles have mentioned that Melania's opposition wasn't to Mooch or the Obamas specifically, but to anything that wasn't custom made for her. A little overboard IMO, yes, but that's beside the point and is her right.

Old 08-30-2020, 08:46 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
It was pretty clear Melania didn't want to move into the White House - this wasn't the gig she signed up for when she married Trump, and I'm sure she was in a bit of shock. She didn't expect him to win.

She married a very very rich man, not a career politician, and expected her life to unfold differently than it did. That would take some real getting used to, IMHO.

I have a feeling that if he wins again, she'll be gone. She's stuck it out for this long, when his entire focus his entire presidency was getting re-elected, and with that, I think she'll figure she did her job and leave with her half the wealth.

Old 08-30-2020, 08:49 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I used to PT at Lws and HDEp

Takes 24 hrs to exchange a toilet and make sure seals dry. she was making excuses just not to move in with mrT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOH5T3BgfEk
She didn't want to uproot her young son in the middle of a school year. My parents did the same for me when I was 13, and a move was pending. Allowed me to finish up the year in my current school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies