Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 08:19 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,528,817 times

Advertisements

In 2016, there were several people who actually did correctly predict - more than a few days in advance - that Donald Trump was going to beat Hillary Clinton. One of those was Michael Moore, an extreme far-left documentary film maker.

Mr. Moore has come out on his Facebook page to announce that it is getting ready to happen again:

Quote:
Michael Moore warns that Donald Trump is on course to repeat 2016 win

The documentary film-maker Michael Moore has warned that Donald Trump appears to have such momentum in some battleground states that liberals risk a repeat of 2016 when so many wrote off Trump only to see him grab the White House. “Sorry to have to provide the reality check again,” he said.

Moore, who was one of few political observers to predict Trump’s victory over Hillary Clinton in 2016, said that “enthusiasm for Trump is off the charts” in key areas compared with the Democratic party nominee, Joe Biden.

“Are you ready for a Trump victory? Are you mentally prepared to be outsmarted by Trump again? Do you find comfort in your certainty that there is no way Trump can win? Are you content with the trust you’ve placed in the DNC [Democratic National Committee] to pull this off?” Moore posted on Facebook late on Friday.
But the "experts" are all saying that Joe Biden is winning and is sure to win! Deja vu anyone?

According to Michael Moore, '“enthusiasm for Trump is off the charts” in key areas compared with the Democratic party nominee, Joe Biden'. That is correct. Almost nobody has any enthusiasm for Joe Biden.

Bill Maher is offering similar observations, which I will post on below.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2020, 08:22 AM

18,469 posts, read 8,292,857 times
well the democrats have certainly been campaigning hard for him

Old 08-30-2020, 08:26 AM

Bill Maher is feeling "Very nervous" about Joe Biden's chances against President Trump, with the election less than nine weeks away.

Quote:
Bill Maher to Joy Reid: 'Very nervous' about Biden's chances after GOP convention

HBO's Bill Maher declared Friday night that he's "very nervous" about Democratic nominee Joe Biden's chances against President Trump with the election less than nine weeks away.

The "Real Time" host told MSNBC's Joy Reid on the network's new prime-time program that he felt the same concern in 2016. "I don't know if this stuff works, but it might," Maher said on "The ReidOut" regarding the production of the Republican National Convention, which wrapped up on Thursday night. Reid had noted that the convention was "smoothly produced."

"I am feeling less confident about this. Maybe it's just their convention bump got to me, but I'm feeling less confident than I was a month ago," Maher said. "I feel very nervous, the same way I did four years ago at this time," he added later.
He felt similarly nervous in 2016. I do not recall him actually predicting that President Trump was going to beat Hillary Clinton, but he did express nervousness and doubts about whether things were as solidly in the bag as the prevailing narrative by the Democrat left "experts" and the media were predicting.

But the polls!

The polls are not predictive of the future. Everyone here knows that, right?

Old 08-30-2020, 08:29 AM

Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich (R-GA) believes that the Republican National Convention "was the most historically effective convention of my lifetime" and that "These two weeks sealed the deal".

Quote:
These 2 Weeks Sealed the Deal for Trump, Against Biden

As someone who has been watching conventions since 1956, I think this was the most historically effective convention of my lifetime. Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel deserves a lot of credit for organizing, managing and presiding over an amazingly complex operation. The Republican National Convention simply dwarfed the Democrats’ convention in scale, complexity and people participation.

The GOP convention prime time speakers were almost a decade younger on average than the Democrats’ a week earlier. The range of ethnic diversity was beyond anything any prior Republican convention had achieved. The number of everyday Americans – from lobstermen, farmers, industrial workers, small business owners and police officials – was dramatically larger than any former Republican convention. The number of African American speakers who repudiated Democratic attacks alleging the president is a racist – and championed his policies as having helped minority communities – was compelling. I think we will see significant support for the president in November because of it.

Finally, the president’s speech was more like a State of the Union than a traditional rah-rah convention speech. I think this made it more effective in the long run. This was an incumbent president sharing with the American people his understanding of what had been accomplished, what was worth fighting for, and what he would accomplish if reelected. It was a serious, adult speech. What some reporters thought was flat or uninspiring I thought was Eisenhower-like in its calm, commonsense language.

This was a controlled, serious, thoughtful and eminently presidential Trump – exactly what his critics had called for over the last three-and-a-half years. It confused them when they actually experienced it.
I agree. This was the most efficient, effective and easy to watch convention that I have seen in my lifetime. I am a bit younger than Newt, but I vaguely remember watching some of the convention for Carter vs. Ford. So I do have some perspective on this. This was the best national party convention that has yet been produced in our country. Period. Both parties will want to do their conventions using this as a model going forward. Watch and see. It was that good.

Of course the Democrats will insist that they are doing no such thing. But actions speak louder than words, especially when they are coming from the mouths of politicians. Which is what so many of President Trump's followers like about him - his actions and what he has been able to accomplish, under remarkable duress from the establishment elites and the mass media. Not least of all, this excellent Republican National Convention. Simply remarkable.

Newt Gingrich went on to predict that "These two weeks sealed the deal". I think it went a long way towards that end. But of course it would make no sense to take that for granted. Now is the time for President Trump and his supporters to move in and decisively finish the job.

Old 08-30-2020, 08:36 AM

4,295 posts, read 2,768,238 times
I predicted Trump's win in 2016 (my friends and relatives were shocked, I wasn't). I cringe to say this, but I believe Trump will win 2020. I still plan on voting (for Biden), but he will not win. The enthusiasm just is not there, like it is with Trump's base.

Biden needs to come out the basement and start talking about JOBS JOBS JOBS! He needs to talk about healthcare, too, but millions will lose theirs if Trump wins.

Old 08-30-2020, 08:38 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,091,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post

Newt Gingrich went on to predict that "These two weeks sealed the deal". I think it went a long way towards that end. But of course it would make no sense to take that for granted. Now is the time for President Trump and his supporters to move in and decisively finish the job.
I would have liked to be a fly on the wall in DNC HQ, if the Republican convention had gone first. The pulling of hair and scrambling around to make changes would have been epic.

Old 08-30-2020, 08:41 AM

30,651 posts, read 18,255,332 times
Here's to hoping that the vile Michael Moore is, once again, correct

99 posts, read 56,399 times
This election and all of the HateTrump that started even before the 2016 election boils down to 3 things.

China. The military industrial complex. And the D'rat slave masters losing what little grip they have left of the blacks in America.

7,242 posts, read 4,555,210 times
To me it seems obvious. If for no other reason it is very hard to unseat a president for their second term.

Old 08-30-2020, 08:42 AM

24,005 posts, read 15,100,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156 View Post
I predicted Trump's win in 2016 (my friends and relatives were shocked, I wasn't). I cringe to say this, but I believe Trump will win 2020. I still plan on voting (for Biden), but he will not win. The enthusiasm just is not there, like it is with Trump's base.

Biden needs to come out the basement and start talking about JOBS JOBS JOBS! He needs to talk about healthcare, too, but millions will lose theirs if Trump wins.

The Republicans know how to campaign and they know how to take control of any issue currently in the news.

The Ds never have a clue.

Son and I knew in July of 2016 D Trump would be the next POTUS. That feeling remains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies