Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2020, 06:28 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,889,416 times

Advertisements

NFL, now the NBA, I'll miss baseball. I played ball most of my life, until my shoulder just said no more. Loved watching games. I have great memories of my father, my grandfather and my brothers, all of us going to games or watching g on TV, listening on the radio. I still remember the game Hank Aaron tied Ruth's record and the game when he broke it. A nation was rooting for him. It will hurt to boycott baseball.

The NFL was easy. The game for me had become boring and predictable. The kneeling crap just iced the cake.

I was a huge Dallas Mavericks fan. Love going to an NBA game. The show never stops. But, no I will not support that sport either.

I find it amusing that the left is all about boycotting restaurants, or products. They are all about supporting the right to protest, but get their noses out of joint if anyone counter protests.

I boycott Rush, Hannity, CNN and other blatantly worthless news sources.

I will also continue to boycott voting for any nomination by a major party until they clean up their acts and start putting country before party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2020, 06:33 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,889,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
You don't bother to explain specifics, but it's nothing to be proud of if you're boycotting a sports team just because you think athletes don't have the right to express personal political opinions. And I see you're boycotting two of the top newspapers in the country, the most factual, in-depth ones, but don't mention if you're interested enough to start with other newspapers instead.
Ok here you go. This poster thinks its wrong to boycott athletes or sports teams for expressing their political beliefs by disrespecting the flag, or anthem and our nation.

Is it their right to do it while on the clock? I don't think so, but that is a separate argument. I believe in their right to be disrespectful. I also believe in my right and anyone else's to counter-protest by boycotting them. Why is it right for them to protest, but wrong for others to counter protest?

Old 09-01-2020, 08:59 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,468,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I find it amusing that the left is all about boycotting restaurants, or products. ....
I posted earlier that I boycotted Nabisco at Trump's suggestion.

POST 107

Old 09-01-2020, 09:08 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,530,761 times
The NFL for 3 years now. The NBA is added to the list, but I just started that recently.

Old 09-01-2020, 09:11 PM

2,774 posts, read 903,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
Nike, AIG, Goya
That's interesting. I ignored Goya products on the shelf until the left went ape shiza because the owner of Goya said something positive about President Trump. Then I went out of my way to buy some of their products. There was little on the shelf because other Americans went out of their way to purchase Goya products.

Old 09-01-2020, 09:16 PM

2,774 posts, read 903,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Exxon, since the Valdez oil spill 30 years ago, Chick F La, for as long as I can remember, same for Hobby Lobby, papa Johns pizza, the list goes on. Bottom line, if you are a business owner relying on consumers, keep your politics to yourself or you can expect a percentage of potential customers to boycott you.
You should reconsider Chic-Fil-A. I never bought their food until the homosexual lobby went after them. I became a regular. But then the owners of Chic-Fil-A gave in to pressure from the haters on the left, so I quit buying their product. They are now on the side of hate. Their product is good, but they lost their collective cajones.

Old 09-01-2020, 09:17 PM

4,515 posts, read 1,868,137 times
I tried to boycott Starbucks and Proctor and Gamble. I eventually caved, damn P&G makes like half of the things at the grocery store and I enjoy the convenience of Starbucks.

I will boycott Goodyear. That will be much easier to stick with.

Old 09-01-2020, 09:21 PM

2,923 posts, read 979,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
It’s just that SJW virtue-signaling crap. By the way, have you noticed that virtually no ad features a white nuclear family? Perhaps if there’s a slew of families, they’ll include one as an option, but for ads where there’s just one family, it’s either a black couple, a bi-racial couple, or a gay couple.
hollywood and big media has been pushing the interracial couple thing big time for awhile now. its not even subtle. especially white guy black woman. its very strange.

Old 09-01-2020, 09:29 PM

2,151 posts, read 1,213,035 times
What have you actually started boycotting and stuck to it? .... the x

Old 09-01-2020, 09:45 PM

19,811 posts, read 22,703,567 times
Wal-Mart. Haven't stepped foot in or bought a darned thing from them in 10 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies