Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2020, 05:19 PM

826 posts, read 244,840 times

Advertisements

After the Floyd killing, I had compassion for what some in the black community were expressing. Unfortunately the lunatics who have taken the lead with BLM have now not only eroded my feelings of compassion and understanding, they have turned my feelings the other way. At this point I want nothing to do with helping in any way and I don't want to give an inch. If they had peaceful protests with reasonable requests, I would have been right there to help. Now after everything I have seen take place this year with BLM and the Democrat leadership, my only goal now is to shut down the left at every level. Good going BLM and lunatic Democrats. I don't think you really wanted any solutions. I think your only goal is eternal turmoil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2020, 05:27 PM

4,511 posts, read 1,866,083 times
I’ve hated BLM from the beginning.

Not much of a change for me.

Old 08-31-2020, 05:28 PM

8,504 posts, read 4,747,409 times
Similar to you, I went from an ally who’s been thinking about criminal justice reform for ~5ish years and a guy married to a minority woman getting acquainted with real racial problems, to basically being angry at BLM. The way it has navigated these issues is beyond the pale, and is going to end up either setting both back by decades, or destroying bright spots in our system for a short-term gain in exchange for a pretty bleak future where things like free speech are shattered. Neither one is acceptable, and BLM is to blame.

Old 08-31-2020, 05:32 PM

34,068 posts, read 17,088,810 times
I was near Grand Central Station in 2015 when BLM were protesting nearby chanting they wanted dead cops.

That made me ignore this dangerous org's "message" ever since.

I am a fan of MLK, Ghandi techniques. Diane Nash. James Lawson. John Lewis. Keep it peaceful, articulate, no damage to property, no threats to those with views you dislike, protest and I will, at minimum, listen to your message. Fail to and I group you with groups prone to violence and terrorist/rioting activity.

Old 08-31-2020, 05:32 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thnkfl4CountryLife View Post
After the Floyd killing, I had compassion for what some in the black community were expressing. Unfortunately the lunatics who have taken the lead with BLM have now not only eroded my feelings of compassion and understanding, they have turned my feelings the other way. At this point I want nothing to do with helping in any way and I don't want to give an inch. If they had peaceful protests with reasonable requests, I would have been right there to help. Now after everything I have seen take place this year with BLM and the Democrat leadership, my only goal now is to shut down the left at every level. Good going BLM and lunatic Democrats. I don't think you really wanted any solutions. I think your only goal is eternal turmoil.

I feel the same way you do: they have ruined the Democratic party. As a person of color, I hate Antifa even more than BLM for trying to make the riots "mainstream" rather than a fridge leftist movement.

Old 08-31-2020, 05:34 PM

3,576 posts, read 2,198,861 times
I had sympathy at first, until the riots, destruction, murder. Tired of all of it. I will listen but when it’s peaceful, I won’t listen if you try to threaten violence.

Old 08-31-2020, 05:55 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
I realized what they were when Obama was still in office and they were chanting 'Pigs in a blanket, fry 'em up like bacon' and five Dallas police officers were killed with nary a peep from BLM.

The message that police reform is needed is important, but BLM is not an organization I'll ever support.

Old 08-31-2020, 05:56 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,617,731 times
It hasn't.

SSDD.

Old 08-31-2020, 05:58 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,617,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
I feel the same way you do: they have ruined the Democratic party.
Every cloud has a silver lining, eh?

Old 08-31-2020, 06:01 PM

2,923 posts, read 978,770 times
made me hate the woke even more and appreciate the good hardworking church going 'uncle toms' even more.

my best friend at the gym is an older black guy. he works his ass off and is always trying to get better at everything he does even at 65. he just shakes his head and says 'oh lord' anytime blm comes up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies