Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2020, 02:35 PM

826 posts, read 244,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
What is interesting is that people are so affected by BLM over the past year but somehow don’t understand how over 300 yrs of direct oppression has created an frustrated underclass that hasn’t quickly. If it was took over 300 yrs for the majority of the country to find a moral compass, why is it any surprise that a frustrated minority exists? Why is it any surprise that even some who are part of the largest group lack respect for the nation? The nation is reaping what it has sown. None of it should come as a surprise. Not one bit.
Because this is all about common sense and no one will address it. If you don't commit a crime and if you obey police commands, you don't get shot. In almost every single incident it is someone who was not an innocent angel and then did not follow police commands. They fight the police and then get shot. If BLM wants that to change then tell BL to stop doing what it takes to get shot. It's not the evil white police creating this situation. It's the action of the individual who got shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2020, 02:35 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Then I ask you, if blacks don’t agree with the BLM agenda or strategy, where are the black leaders speaking out against BLM? Political figures like Obama? All we get is Michelle saying white people are racist because they jumped the line at Haagen Dazs. Sports figures? They are refusing to play because life is so hard making millions playing hoops. Actors or musicians? Silence. They all seem to be perfectly fine with letting BLM be the narrative. Heck, we’ve got Prince Harry moaning about racism in the US, and he is white and not even an American.

Where are the black leaders speaking out against BLM???

If this isn’t what blacks want, why aren’t they shouting that from the rooftops??
There are plenty of "black leaders" speaking out against BLM and Riots.

You answered your own question -- you appear to believe that ONLY a person with the last name of Obama can be a "black leader" .... that is just not the case. I'm guessing you already know that LeBron James and the NBA went to the great Obama so he could "advise" them on what to do .... right?

Old 09-01-2020, 02:37 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
It will be ugly for sure. The Vets will do okay, it's the soft suburbanites (like myself) that will have a tough time. Look what goes on in the inner city, people kill others for a bag of potato chips (happened in Detroit a couple of years ago) , or like that guy that executed the 5 year old, they will pull the trigger with no remorse, all they know is violence. So the average suburbanite is going to have a hard time pulling the trigger...hell I feel bad when I run over chipmunk or squirrel on the street. And if those type of people wait until the last minute to defend themselves, it's not going to go well.

Let's juts hope it doesn't come to that.

The 17 year old in kenosha is a 5'4 chubby white guy just because people arent violent doesn't mean they're soft. Especially if mobs start coming to where people have their kids and property.

Old 09-01-2020, 02:37 PM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Suburbanites have one advantage. Some know how to use a gun.

A lot of the vicious, cowardly thugs think a .25 Saturday night special that jams after one shot is a useful combat weapon. Then you see all pictures of thugs holding their gun horizontally rather than vertically, preventing both the ability to use the sights and the ability to use a two-handed hold.

The thugs are winning for now because it is all about ambush tactics and hit-and-run tactics. You can't defense against that. But put your average suburban gun enthusiast with 50 of his neighbors defending their suburb agains a mob of thugs walking up the parkway, and I guarantee they will come out with well maintained weapons, using their sites, and have ample reloads on their person or in support.

Those thugs don't tend to stay long in a fire fight. They are great at cowardly ambush, but they run immediately when fire is returned. I don't think they would last too long in a pitched battle against your average neighborhood of well prepared and well-equipped suburban firearms enthusiasts who go shooting regularly.

And that is the danger the thugs have in underestimating the war they could push us into. The thugs have no morals so they are willing to use deadly weapons for little or no cause, while it is objectionable to the point of pain for us to consider killing another human being. Once the lives of the average suburban Joe's wife and daughter have been credibly threated -- or worse -- once his wife and daughter have been murdered en masse by these thugs, it is all bets are off. These cowards who are so good at ambush will find themelves reaping the whirlwind.

I pray it never comes to that if the Democrats will just wake up and call out the thugs and allow the police to arrest and convict them.

I pray it never comes to war in the streets. Nobody wins.
Well said.

Old 09-01-2020, 02:39 PM

11,502 posts, read 6,016,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Some good friends of mine migrated here in the 90's from Iraq, legally. They've all worked hard and become very successful here and support Trump. We've had many conversations and they've all asked what the hell are we (those of us born here) doing ? Why are we letting our country go ? They were so happy when Trump. They joked that they came from a ****hole and now we are letting people turn this country into one.

Much of our society just have no clue how good we have it here, they are willing to throw it all away.

Your last line is really profound.

Old 09-01-2020, 02:59 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,432,012 times
Quote:
No. I went to the person who made the statement - Rachel. There is nothing unfair about asking her because she made the statement. If I asked YOU why Rachel made the statement, then that would be unfair because you are not Rachel. You don’t represent her.

You asked me about Michelle Obama and now Oprah. Why? Am I either of those people?

The only person perpetuating a narrative here is you but you are trying to project your narrative on other people. I never said that when a white person is rude to a black person, it’s racial. Neither did I say that when a black person is rude to a white person, it’s not racial. Where did you get that? You made it up.

Who said other so-called races don’t have racists? No one.

If that’s how you think, then fine. But stop trying to push your mindset on other people.

No, you’re not getting what I am saying. If you all lost sympathy that quickly, imagine who many generational black people must feel then.

No one said the country deserves anything. You keep putting words in people’s mouths. I stated that the country is reaping what it has sown. Cause and effect.
AYFKM???

The Narrative now is that only white people can be racist. That message is disseminated throughout colleges and through the media.

Old 09-01-2020, 03:00 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thnkfl4CountryLife View Post
Because this is all about common sense and no one will address it. If you don't commit a crime and if you obey police commands, you don't get shot. In almost every single incident it is someone who was not an innocent angel and then did not follow police commands. They fight the police and then get shot. If BLM wants that to change then tell BL to stop doing what it takes to get shot. It's not the evil white police creating this situation. It's the action of the individual who got shot.
It’s about whether the actions taken were lawful on both sides. Period.

Your claims above are false. Tell that to Botham Jean, shot by an officer while relaxing in own home. Educated and successful. There is wrong to go around because not all of these incidences are created equal. All of these groups - ALM, BLM, BLLM - are obnoxious in their inability to assess each situation on a case by case basis.

Old 09-01-2020, 03:01 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
AYFKM???

The Narrative now is that only white people can be racist. That message is disseminated throughout colleges and through the media.
People should stop eating, sleeping and breathing the media.

Old 09-01-2020, 03:06 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,075,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
There are plenty of "black leaders" speaking out against BLM and Riots.

You answered your own question -- you appear to believe that ONLY a person with the last name of Obama can be a "black leader" .... that is just not the case. I'm guessing you already know that LeBron James and the NBA went to the great Obama so he could "advise" them on what to do .... right?
Of course I don’t think Obama is the only “black leader” who could speak out. He is the most prominent, however. Maybe his silence is violence?

That is why I was asking as well about other black leaders. Please point me to black leaders in any field who are speaking out against the burning, looting, vandalism and other destruction.

Old 09-01-2020, 03:08 PM

826 posts, read 244,840 times
Quote:
It’s about whether the actions taken were lawful on both sides. Period.

Your claims above are false. Tell that to Botham Jean, shot by an officer while relaxing in own home. Educated and successful. There is wrong to go around because not all of these incidences are created equal. All of these groups - ALM, BLM, BLLM - are obnoxious in their inability to assess each situation on a case by case basis.
My claims are factual and backed up by data. Doesn't matter if you don't like it. It is what it is. Follow the law and the odds of you being shot drop dramatically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies