Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2020, 11:16 AM

73,002 posts, read 62,569,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I wish those black would say something then. Call their asses out.
There are Black people calling this crap out. How many people are listening though?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2020, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
Just cemented what I already thought of certain groups of people and what I tell my kids and wife. Also has me stocking up quicker than normal and getting ready for the SHTF
What group of people? Explain. The least that can be done is to just come out with it.

Old 09-03-2020, 11:21 AM

477 posts, read 336,135 times
How has the BLM movement changed you this year?

I'm an Independent who started leaning toward Republicans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
For me anyway, its not about individual people who happen to be black, or all black people, it is the movement, the "cause". Although Im soured over the BLM cause, it doesnt change my feelings toward my black friends, acquittances or random black individuals just because they are black.

IMO that is what racism is, treating someone differently and having a negative opinion of them just because of their skin color or culture.
There are some individuals here who have admitted to not liking Black people because of the past events. That is very bothersome to me. This is stuff that I take very personal.

9,546 posts, read 7,067,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
One thing. Most of us aren't involved in rioting and looting.
Most cops aren’t killing people.
Most whites are not oppressing anyone.
Most people are not racist.
Most companies and institutions are not full of “systemic racism”.

And yet here we are, with riots and looting and fires and our very society at risk, and BLM saying they will not stop.

Old 09-03-2020, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAman View Post
How has the BLM movement changed you this year?

I'm an Independent who started leaning toward Republicans.
I've grown more independent over the years. I have no desire to become Republican. I voted for a Republican in 2004. I haven't done that since. Given the direction BOTH PARTIES have been going in, I really don't feel any inclination to vote Republican.

Old 09-03-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Most cops aren’t killing people.
Most whites are not oppressing anyone.
Most people are not racist.
Most companies and institutions are not full of “systemic racism”.

And yet here we are, with riots and looting and fires and our very society at risk, and BLM saying they will not stop.
And what does any of this have to do with whatever I'm doing? At the end of the day, I'm going to have to worry about how some people will look at me in light of the past 2 months.

Old 09-03-2020, 11:30 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,169,435 times
Quote:
There are some individuals here who have admitted to not liking Black people because of the past events. That is very bothersome to me. This is stuff that I take very personal.
Why is that? Maybe I am strange but I find it difficult to take personally. It’s just an excuse to cover up what really is their culture, imho. For so long, in this country people were taught to dislike black people and obsess over everything black people do. That doesn’t just disappear after hundreds of years. Those people are just defaulting to what they know and lack a moral compass.

As long as people are not in my way, they can feel however they want to feel. But that’s just me.

Old 09-03-2020, 11:38 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,169,435 times
Quote:
I've grown more independent over the years. I have no desire to become Republican. I voted for a Republican in 2004. I haven't done that since. Given the direction BOTH PARTIES have been going in, I really don't feel any inclination to vote Republican.
Similarly, I have not been party-affiliated in years. I have zero desire to vote for Republicans due to their position on separation of church and state and their efforts as a result. I haven’t voted for a Democrat since 2008 either. But due to Trump, guess I’ll be doing so this year...

Old 09-03-2020, 11:41 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,067,374 times
Quote:
And what does any of this have to do with whatever I'm doing? At the end of the day, I'm going to have to worry about how some people will look at me in light of the past 2 months.
It goes both ways, that is the point.

You say, “most blacks” are not looting/rioting, etc.

Well, most white people and/or cops are not doing anything BLM is accusing us of doing.

White people now have to worry about how some people will look at us in light of the past 400 years! Come on.

I’m just living my life the best I can. I’m not oppressing anyone just because I happen to have white skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies