Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2020, 11:49 AM

477 posts, read 336,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've grown more independent over the years. I have no desire to become Republican. I voted for a Republican in 2004. I haven't done that since. Given the direction BOTH PARTIES have been going in, I really don't feel any inclination to vote Republican.
We don't have a third option, so I will most likely vote for the Republicans/Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2020, 11:56 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Why is that? Maybe I am strange but I find it difficult to take personally. It’s just an excuse to cover up what really is their culture, imho. For so long, in this country people were taught to dislike black people and obsess over everything black people do. That doesn’t just disappear after hundreds of years. Those people are just defaulting to what they know and lack a moral compass.

As long as people are not in my way, they can feel however they want to feel. But that’s just me.
As someone who has dealt with racist individuals, it's easy for me to think of this as "whatever, those who claim they no longer like Blacks have always been like this. This is just the perfect excuse". It's easy, and it has merit. At the same time, I'm a "don't take crap from anyone" kind of person. Sometimes you have to expect better from people. Sometimes you have to call people out on their crap. One of the reasons I take some things person is because I'm just trying to live my life the best I know how.

Old 09-03-2020, 12:04 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAman View Post
We don't have a third option, so I will most likely vote for the Republicans/Trump.
I voted 3rd party in 2016, Gary Johnson.

Old 09-03-2020, 12:06 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
It has made me realize that the Far Left is vastly more dangerous, violent and powerful than I ever believed. It also made me realize that there are a lot more blacks out there who deeply hate white people like me just for being white.

Old 09-03-2020, 12:18 PM

477 posts, read 336,346 times
Quote:
Absolutely no chance and you understand this.
Libertarian Party, right? Without Google many Americans won't even remember the name of this party.

Old 09-03-2020, 12:21 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
There are some individuals here who have admitted to not liking Black people because of the past events. That is very bothersome to me. This is stuff that I take very personal.
I think often it is our human nature to hold an entire group accountable for wrongs, perceived wrongs, fear, etc.. I also think some of us have to consciously fight that emotion. Men will often hate women in general because one or a few women hurt them, and vice versa. My father disliked Japanese people because of what he endured during WWII. I knew a very sweet woman who disliked black people because she was beat up by some black kids in elementary school. I actually had a black horse who disliked black people .
We all need to work on seeing everyone as an individual.

Old 09-03-2020, 12:31 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Hope you know that if you were in a swing state (I forget where you are), you threw away your vote and helped elect Trump.

Old 09-03-2020, 12:32 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
It has made me realize that the Far Left is vastly more dangerous, violent and powerful than I ever believed. It also made me realize that there are a lot more blacks out there who deeply hate white people like me just for being white.
Yup, same here. Yet when I pointed this out, I was accused by a leftist of “making everything about race.”

Oh, the irony....

Old 09-03-2020, 12:33 PM

826 posts, read 244,639 times
Quote:
There are Black people calling this crap out. How many people are listening though?
I never hear them because the Tele won't put them on to be seen and heard. They get cancelled.

Old 09-03-2020, 12:34 PM

826 posts, read 244,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Most cops aren’t killing people.
Most whites are not oppressing anyone.
Most people are not racist.
Most companies and institutions are not full of “systemic racism”.

And yet here we are, with riots and looting and fires and our very society at risk, and BLM saying they will not stop.
You win the internet today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies