Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2020, 07:08 AM

11,504 posts, read 6,016,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
I'm with you but some people are trying to blame not BLM, but black people in general for white involvement in the looting and rioting. That's ridiculous.
It is not ridiculous. It is not true, but it is not ridiculous. It is human nature for many people not to do their homework, but to accept what appears on the surface.

Since "BLM" has "Black" in the name, and since many spokesmen and defenders are black, it leads casual observers to conclude tha that it is a mainly black organization. If they don't study the issue further, they don't realize that lilly white Antifa has hijacked the BLM protests to foment rioting.

Also to be fair, most of the looters I've seen on TV news broadcasts have been black. I mean, 90% black to 10% white, Hispanic, and Asian. If you want to say 80/20, I can live with that.

So you have a black named organization, and you see mainly black looters, then it is already ingrained in the casual observer that these are black riots. You have to pay attention regularly and on an ongoing basis to see that many of these riots are heavily white Antifa agitators and their woke white liberal supporters, some almost exclusively so.

So while it is incorrect to blame black people in general, it is not at all ridiculous to blame black people given the way all this has gone down. That is the casual perception. You have to be more perceptive or do more homework to know better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2020, 07:10 AM

11,504 posts, read 6,016,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I agree. Black people in general are not to blame for BLM or the white trash dingleberries that are clinging to them. I'll say this about BLM, they accept racists from all walks of life, as long as they are racist against whites. LOL

Let's be honest, the racists on the right loves when a black person speaks out against blacks. They don't care how radical or sane they are. Black slapping black is good for any white racist. The same is true of BLM. They love woke whites who are willing to trash their own race. Whites of any class detest white trash, white thugs, and racist white scum.
Awesome use of the archaic term "dingleberries" in a form post written in the year 2020.

You win the internet today.

Old 09-02-2020, 07:43 AM

1,665 posts, read 975,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Just curious. When do they expect to see BLM down in Louisiana ? There are a lot of black folks that could really use the help after Laura hit.
I have seen several houses with BLM Flags hanging in the front. The blacks took care of a lot of areas that were damaged, it was on their side of town. They could have went to other areas but there was a lot of crews doing cleanup. Plus there was a safety issue in travelling through town with downed power lines. After some of the power was shut off for cleanup, they were out and about assisting everywhere.

There's many blacks here in town that don't want that kind of movement here. There's distrust, of course, but overall we ALL come together in a time of need.

And quite frankly, BLM aggression from out of state would not be welcome here. There's too many people that are armed and will send them on their way.

I can't say the same for Lake Charles, for I don't live there. Just giving an observation from where I live.

Old 09-02-2020, 07:44 AM

826 posts, read 244,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
I'm with you but some people are trying to blame not BLM, but black people in general for white involvement in the looting and rioting. That's ridiculous.
I haven't seen anyone blaming just black people. I see people blaming BLM and Antifa or I see people making excuses for and supporting crime, destruction, assaults.

Old 09-02-2020, 08:20 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanGuitarist View Post
I have seen several houses with BLM Flags hanging in the front. The blacks took care of a lot of areas that were damaged, it was on their side of town. They could have went to other areas but there was a lot of crews doing cleanup. Plus there was a safety issue in travelling through town with downed power lines. After some of the power was shut off for cleanup, they were out and about assisting everywhere.

There's many blacks here in town that don't want that kind of movement here. There's distrust, of course, but overall we ALL come together in a time of need.

And quite frankly, BLM aggression from out of state would not be welcome here. There's too many people that are armed and will send them on their way.

I can't say the same for Lake Charles, for I don't live there. Just giving an observation from where I live.
Thanks for the rational thought out reply. More people need to think as you do.

Old 09-02-2020, 08:31 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,800,444 times
Like many of you, they (BLM) have turned me, at least subconsciously, against blacks in general. I keep trying to stop that thought process, but it's getting more and more difficult. Unfortunately for them, they are now lumped in most people's consciousness with Antifa....a double negative whammy for them.

I have a neighbor, nicest guy in the world, from a liberal northern state......he said ' I never used to be prejudiced but now I am'........

If the leaders of BLM were smarter, they could actually accomplish something positive for their race. But they won't. Too stupid.

Old 09-02-2020, 08:35 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thnkfl4CountryLife View Post
I haven't seen anyone blaming just black people. I see people blaming BLM and Antifa or I see people making excuses for and supporting crime, destruction, assaults.
Yup. I see lots of people blaming the “woke,” self-loathing whites.

Old 09-02-2020, 08:36 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Quote:
Here is where we are at Reine. You and others are ONLY focused on the police reaction. You are not spending equal or more time on the perp's responsibility. Once you deal with what comes first, which is the perp's decisions, then we can talk about the police reaction to what the perp did.
Not at all. This is what you seem to miss. The perp will be charged appropriately. However, it does a disservice to the law and causes a lack of respect and trust when officers fail to uphold the law and those failures are not properly addressed. There is a responsibility that comes with certain positions. Rogue officers make others’ jobs difficult.

Old 09-02-2020, 08:36 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Like many of you, they (BLM) have turned me, at least subconsciously, against blacks in general. I keep trying to stop that thought process, but it's getting more and more difficult. Unfortunately for them, they are now lumped in most people's consciousness with Antifa....a double negative whammy for them.

I have a neighbor, nicest guy in the world, from a liberal northern state......he said ' I never used to be prejudiced but now I am'........

If the leaders of BLM were smarter, they could actually accomplish something positive for their race. But they won't. Too stupid.
You want to hear worse? A friend of mine is married to a black man, and she admitted to me that she herself is starting to become racist. Trouble ahead.

Old 09-02-2020, 08:37 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Quote:
Then you haven’t been paying attention to this very thread. If both groups have “made” folks harbor animosity or indifference toward black people, that equates to blaming. That despite the scores of whites and others taking part in the violence. But that’s typical of U.S. culture anyway...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies