Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2020, 01:43 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,723,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm aware that there are Blacks calling for Whites to die. There are also Blacks calling out those Black people, and calling out the terrorist mess going on. Who gets more attention? Black people calling for common sense, or Black people calling for genocide? Furthermore, there has also been a White antifa element in all of this. I notice Whites as a whole aren't being judged based on what violent antifa types are doing.

And consider this. I've dealt with White people calling me the "N" word to my face. I've been told by someone "go pick my cotton". I've dealt with some situations where people have thrown rocks at me. A month a ago I saw a guy throw eggs at a Black guy (and later at a White woman). You don't see me judging the entire White population based on the actions of the very worst. I don't go around thinking "I don't like White people anymore". I could do that, but I choose not to.

At the end of the day, when someone decides they want to take their anger out on me because of what people I have no control over have done, it becomes personal to me. I don't care why they feel the way they feel. Why should I if they are going to look at me sideways because of someone else?
A black person cannot hide that they are black, and a white person cannot hide that they are white, (despite how some have tried, Rachel Dozel, or whatever her name was.)

Pantifa and white supremacists CAN hide in a crowd of white people, just as radical BLM people CAN hide in a crowd of black people.

I think that there are more black folks who do not condone this violence, rioting, looting, or attacking of white people.

I think there are more white folks who do not condone police brutality, racism, or attacking of black people.

The problem is, despite the majority, in both races, NOT tolerating this craziness, the fact remains:

If you walk around in a predominantly white neighborhood, you're not going to know who is a white supremacist, who is pantifa, and who is a normal white person who doesn't hate someone based on their race.

If you walk around in a predominantly black neighborhood, you're not going to know who is a black supremacists, who is part of radical BLM, and who is a normal black person who doesn't hate someone based on their race.

So, as much as you keep telling us how much you have to worry about people of a different race than you, so do white people. You don't ever seem to want to admit the latter.

As I said in my previous post, I have never feared a black person before. But now? How can I know what they think? How can I know that of the 20 people in the parking lot, who might be that one who thinks attacking or killing a white person is hilarious, revenge, pay back, etc? Maybe none of them are, but I don't know that.

And what makes it worse is that the media, and the Dem politicians are not condemning any of this, they are not even trying to stop it, some are threatening us with more (Kamala Harris), which could have an effect on how some black people view white people, even if they aren't part of the radical BLM.

Just as you don't know if some white guy is going to spit on you, call you the "N" word, throw rocks at you, until they've done it, white people don't know if someone is going to harass them, call them whatever names, or attack them, or, as we've seen in videos, just go up to them and kill them for no other reason than they are white.

If it was horrible when some white people did that in the past to black folks, then why is anyone condoning doing the exact same thing to white folks? You don't right a wrong by repeating the wrong.

What I said stands. I do not think all black folks, or even the majority of black folks, are okay with what has been happening. But now, when I never had fear before, I do, because I don't know which one in the crowd does think it's okay to do these things.

I'm not judging an entire race of people, I'm HOPING that the people I come in contact with are NOT what the media is portraying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2020, 04:55 PM

4,901 posts, read 3,358,391 times
I wasn't shocked by what BLM (and Antifa) are doing this year. They've always had very nefarious motives.

I am more shocked by the speed that this happening.

If you want a harbinger of what's to come in the US, just take a look at South Africa

Old 09-03-2020, 07:08 PM

72,980 posts, read 62,563,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
I wasn't shocked by what BLM (and Antifa) are doing this year. They've always had very nefarious motives.

I am more shocked by the speed that this happening.

If you want a harbinger of what's to come in the US, just take a look at South Africa
This is nothing new. This is basically a repeat of the 1960s. 1967 was a year of riots everywhere. 1968 was also a year of riots. And things escalated rather fast. And this was in the days with no social media.

Old 09-03-2020, 07:19 PM

72,980 posts, read 62,563,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You're ignoring the fact that some of us have also dealt with racist individuals - even having experiences of being beaten up by someone who is black. I have a number of similar stories in addition to my own personal experience.

Get over it and move on. Not everybody is a decent human being.
I'm not ignoring that. I'm specifically talking about how this will affect me. Telling me to "get over it" isn't going to change anything. I am going to be concerned about anything that could happen to me or whatever I'm dealing with. I'm not going to "get over it". People are on this thread talking about their own feelings. Some people are saying they are beginning to avoid Black people. How do you expect me to feel about that?

Old 09-04-2020, 01:48 AM

11,424 posts, read 5,967,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Same.

Anti-American BLM were violent Marxists in 2013, and nothing has changed in 2020.

What has changed is I now know a lot of ant-American pop culture and sports icons who support Marxists.

I don't really blame all the cowards for voicing their support for BLM. They don't want to be called racist or get fired for not being woke. I wish there were a lot more brave people in movies, TV, music, and sports, but it is what it is. I probably wouldn't want to lose my multi-million dollar job over opposing BLM. At some point it becomes your principal vs providing for your wife and kids. That is a tough call. The brave ones putting their multi-million dollar jobs at risk by doing so have my utmost respect and admiration.

They are tiny minority, though. You had to have known that 90% or more of all people in any entertainment industry are liberal and supportive of all liberal causes. You don't generally ascend in the entertainment world if you don't proclaim your wokeness right off the bat. OK, some older people are grandfathered in, but even they are vulnerable.

I didn't learn all these Leftist entertainers support BLM. I assumed it. Add 99% of the entire media in with that as well.

Old 09-04-2020, 01:49 AM

11,424 posts, read 5,967,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAman View Post
We don't have a third option, so I will most likely vote for the Republicans/Trump.
I thought Kanye West was running for president.

Old 09-04-2020, 04:47 AM

1,665 posts, read 973,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Hope you know that if you were in a swing state (I forget where you are), you threw away your vote and helped elect Trump.
How is it that people say this? What is the meaning?

I voted for Gary too. It was not a throw away vote and it wasn't a vote for either other candidate.

I didn't know that when you vote for someone, it magically disappears and votes for someone else. Or am I missing something...

Old 09-04-2020, 05:03 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,854,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thnkfl4CountryLife View Post
After the Floyd killing, I had compassion for what some in the black community were expressing. Unfortunately the lunatics who have taken the lead with BLM have now not only eroded my feelings of compassion and understanding, they have turned my feelings the other way. At this point I want nothing to do with helping in any way and I don't want to give an inch. If they had peaceful protests with reasonable requests, I would have been right there to help. Now after everything I have seen take place this year with BLM and the Democrat leadership, my only goal now is to shut down the left at every level. Good going BLM and lunatic Democrats. I don't think you really wanted any solutions. I think your only goal is eternal turmoil.
Why would you have compassion for something that is extremely rare vs showing compassing for the plethora of black lives murdered every day by other blacks?

Why show compassion for something built on a lie?

Old 09-04-2020, 05:06 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,854,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm not ignoring that. I'm specifically talking about how this will affect me. Telling me to "get over it" isn't going to change anything. I am going to be concerned about anything that could happen to me or whatever I'm dealing with. I'm not going to "get over it". People are on this thread talking about their own feelings. Some people are saying they are beginning to avoid Black people. How do you expect me to feel about that?
Then start caring by promoting and discussing the reason why people avoid those who are not brought properly and commit a high percentage of crime. The rate of single parenthood is still rising and that is the cause of the problem.

Old 09-04-2020, 06:56 AM

12,033 posts, read 6,563,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Most cops aren’t killing people.
Most whites are not oppressing anyone.
Most people are not racist.
Most companies and institutions are not full of “systemic racism”.

And yet here we are, with riots and looting and fires and our very society at risk, and BLM saying they will not stop.
And democrats threatening Americans if we vote for Trump tthat heir riots and damage will get WORSE.....

Last edited by mountainrose; 09-04-2020 at 07:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies