Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2020, 03:55 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thnkfl4CountryLife View Post
After the Floyd killing, I had compassion for what some in the black community were expressing. Unfortunately the lunatics who have taken the lead with BLM have now not only eroded my feelings of compassion and understanding, they have turned my feelings the other way. At this point I want nothing to do with helping in any way and I don't want to give an inch. If they had peaceful protests with reasonable requests, I would have been right there to help. Now after everything I have seen take place this year with BLM and the Democrat leadership, my only goal now is to shut down the left at every level. Good going BLM and lunatic Democrats. I don't think you really wanted any solutions. I think your only goal is eternal turmoil.
This is me to a T.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2020, 03:55 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
And democrats threatening Americans if we vote for Trump that their riots and damage will get WORSE.....
I saw that think tank's results. The only peaceful outcome is if Biden wins, if Trump wins, the left will Burn, Loot, Murder, even worse than they did in 2016 and 1027, and more than they are now.

Maybe this is why the Dems will not disavow the BLM and antifa violence, they are leaning on those groups to command and control the post election riots.

Old 09-04-2020, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
The term Black Lives Matter means that Other races are treated as of their lives are more precious than black lives, so the term is to make it known that black lives matter as well. However, people are generally stupid, so they'll say the term means that Black Lives Matter more than everyone else, even after it the meaning of the term has been explained ad nauseum. Again, people are stupid.
Oh geez, they saw you coming,

Black Lives Matter is a Marxist, anti-America group which started in 2013. Before 2013, no one was characterizing support for racial equality or justice by reciting the phrase Black Lives Matter. They slapped up a name that has fooled people into thinking BLM actually care about improving race relations in the US, and working to protect black lives from crime and violence.

Old 09-04-2020, 04:04 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
The term Black Lives Matter means that Other races are treated as of their lives are more precious than black lives, so the term is to make it known that black lives matter as well. However, people are generally stupid, so they'll say the term means that Black Lives Matter more than everyone else, even after it the meaning of the term has been explained ad nauseum. Again, people are stupid.
If black lives truly matter, I’m curious then as to why very little is done to stem black on black violence or the high rates of abortion in the black community.

Old 09-04-2020, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
You have to admit, it's a pretty successful one though. Corporations, celebrities, media, a large part of our population, and even some in other countries are buying into it.
Proof that a lot of people are very superficial and naive. They read the headlines, and think they are now informed about the news. They read the name of an organization, and they think they know what they stand for.

It's one reason why legislative bills in the US Congress sometimes have deceptive names, like Affordable Care, which are actually the opposite in scope and function. It's also why a lot of voter propositions are worded so poorly, that you vote for a law or change which actually does the opposite of what you think.

Old 09-04-2020, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
If black lives truly matter, I’m curious then as to why very little is done to stem black on black violence or the high rates of abortion in the black community.
Simple, it does nothing to move the Marxist agenda forward, its a waste of their time and money

Old 09-04-2020, 04:23 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Simple, it does nothing to move the Marxist agenda forward, its a waste of their time and money
Well, yeah....

Wonder if the other poster will be able to figure that out.

Old 09-04-2020, 04:42 PM

10,109 posts, read 9,971,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Oh geez, they saw you coming,

Black Lives Matter is a Marxist, anti-America group which started in 2013. Before 2013, no one was characterizing support for racial equality or justice by reciting the phrase Black Lives Matter. They slapped up a name that has fooled people into thinking BLM actually care about improving race relations in the US, and working to protect black lives from crime and violence.
I'm talking about the meaning behind the name. What they do is a separate matter. Some of which are people associating people who are destroying property and causing harm to others with BLM.

I'll say it again, people are generally stupid.

Old 09-04-2020, 05:13 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thnkfl4CountryLife View Post
After the Floyd killing, I had compassion for what some in the black community were expressing. Unfortunately the lunatics who have taken the lead with BLM have now not only eroded my feelings of compassion and understanding, they have turned my feelings the other way. At this point I want nothing to do with helping in any way and I don't want to give an inch. If they had peaceful protests with reasonable requests, I would have been right there to help. Now after everything I have seen take place this year with BLM and the Democrat leadership, my only goal now is to shut down the left at every level. Good going BLM and lunatic Democrats. I don't think you really wanted any solutions. I think your only goal is eternal turmoil.
It's made me distrust blacks.

Old 09-04-2020, 05:28 PM

10,109 posts, read 9,971,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
I don't know, but what I do know is that other races lives do not matter any more or less than black lives. We're all equal. I judge people based on the individual, not the race, and I'll accept nothing less than the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies