Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2020, 12:56 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thnkfl4CountryLife View Post
You should be aware there is a loud and growing segment of the black population saying whites need to die. There are endless videos of them doing this in 2020. This is not a one sided issue. How do you expect whites to feel and react when they are calling for our execution so openly and nothing is done about it?
I'm aware that there are Blacks calling for Whites to die. There are also Blacks calling out those Black people, and calling out the terrorist mess going on. Who gets more attention? Black people calling for common sense, or Black people calling for genocide? Furthermore, there has also been a White antifa element in all of this. I notice Whites as a whole aren't being judged based on what violent antifa types are doing.

And consider this. I've dealt with White people calling me the "N" word to my face. I've been told by someone "go pick my cotton". I've dealt with some situations where people have thrown rocks at me. A month a ago I saw a guy throw eggs at a Black guy (and later at a White woman). You don't see me judging the entire White population based on the actions of the very worst. I don't go around thinking "I don't like White people anymore". I could do that, but I choose not to.

At the end of the day, when someone decides they want to take their anger out on me because of what people I have no control over have done, it becomes personal to me. I don't care why they feel the way they feel. Why should I if they are going to look at me sideways because of someone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2020, 12:59 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm aware that there are Blacks calling for Whites to die. There are also Blacks calling out those Black people, and calling out the terrorist mess going on. Who gets more attention? Black people calling for common sense, or Black people calling for genocide? Furthermore, there has also been a White antifa element in all of this. I notice Whites as a whole aren't being judged based on what violent antifa types are doing.

And consider this. I've dealt with White people calling me the "N" word to my face. I've been told by someone "go pick my cotton". I've dealt with some situations where people have thrown rocks at me. A month a ago I saw a guy throw eggs at a Black guy (and later at a White woman). You don't see me judging the entire White population based on the actions of the very worst. I don't go around thinking "I don't like White people anymore". I could do that, but I choose not to.

At the end of the day, when someone decides they want to take their anger out on me because of what people I have no control over have done, it becomes personal to me. I don't care why they feel the way they feel. Why should I if they are going to look at me sideways because of someone else?
Don't worry about it - there are white people calling out those white people.

Old 09-03-2020, 01:01 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,695,142 times
I get the original message of BLM. I do think history will look back on that original message & recognize that it was more positive than negative. A lot of people had no idea that cops were getting away with killing people. Even though many times people are guilty of creating problems with LE that still doesn't mean they should be killed (generally speaking).

But it has gotten to extreme & to me is a problem moving forward. It's gotten to the point that if you're white & against it you're racist.

I really have to wonder how many black people really are not fond of what it is now.

Old 09-03-2020, 01:04 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
There are Black people calling this crap out. How many people are listening though?
Yes, there are Black people who are "calling this crap out". All one has to do is to google and find such people. Go to YouTube and watch their videos.

A couple of months back in my area, an 11 year old boy got caught in the crossfire and was killed. One of his grandfathers, who was in tears, called out BLM and asked why they were doing nothing about this issue. It was heartbreaking to hear him talk. The irony is that the boy's mother worked as a "violence interrupter". She was back in their old neighborhood hosting an event. I say old neighborhood because they had moved out due to the violence. The boy and his grandfather had stopped by the event because the boy needed to get something from his mother and then be on his way. He got shot in the head and died in his mother's arms.

His grandfather is right. BLM doesn't care at all.

73,032 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Don't worry about it - there are white people calling out those white people.
Plenty of people in other races calling them out as well. My point was this. I think Black people will suffer more damage from this in the end. Plenty of antifa influence going on though. And this is something that hasn't been talked about as much in this thread. Antifa is exasperating this.

4,960 posts, read 2,239,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thnkfl4CountryLife View Post
After the Floyd killing, I had compassion for what some in the black community were expressing. Unfortunately the lunatics who have taken the lead with BLM have now not only eroded my feelings of compassion and understanding, they have turned my feelings the other way. At this point I want nothing to do with helping in any way and I don't want to give an inch. If they had peaceful protests with reasonable requests, I would have been right there to help. Now after everything I have seen take place this year with BLM and the Democrat leadership, my only goal now is to shut down the left at every level. Good going BLM and lunatic Democrats. I don't think you really wanted any solutions. I think your only goal is eternal turmoil.
The BLM movement hasn't changed me at all. I work, spend time with my family, spend time on my hobbies, go to the beach weekly, have the occasional night out, and play with my cats. In fact, my cats are sitting on my desk while going crazy over a Green Anole outside my window. BLM has no impact on me.

My opinion of BLM also has not changed. I thought it a violent, racist, Marxist organization that would exploit Blacks or any minority or situation as a means to an end from day one. Now they have proven it.

Old 09-03-2020, 01:19 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBev View Post
They have been corrupt from way back,Black Panthers.
I'm a little confused by this because I don't think BLM has anything to do with the Black Panthers.

Quote:
Quote:
Plenty of people in other races calling them out as well. My point was this. I think Black people will suffer more damage from this in the end. Plenty of antifa influence going on though. And this is something that hasn't been talked about as much in this thread. Antifa is exasperating this.
When we start seeing white people hauling off and punching black folks just because it's fun, then you can worry about how black people will suffer more damage from this.

So far crimes by blacks against whites FAR outnumber crimes by whites against blacks. I wouldn't worry if I were you. I'd worry if I were me.

Racism is alive and well but it doesn't look like what we've been told it looks like.

Old 09-03-2020, 01:25 PM

826 posts, read 244,840 times
Quote:

I think you are assuming we are judging and entire black community over this. Most of us are not. What we are saying is that we cannot be sure what is in the mind of someone now, so we will be very guarded until we know one way or another. Same thing goes for these young white people. Whenever I go anywhere now and I see a group of young people hanging out, white, black, combination of people in the group, I give them a wide berth. Better safe than sorry. If I see anyone holding up a phone in a fashion when one does to take video, I go the other way. White or black. I don't want to be part of their triggering for youtube videos. People have gone bat **** crazy and I don't want any part of it. Democrats have been voicing support for these things and Republicans have been voicing concern over these things. Based on that, I will vote straight Republican. I have had enough of the lunatics. Nothing else matters at this point.

Old 09-03-2020, 01:27 PM

826 posts, read 244,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Yes, there are Black people who are "calling this crap out". All one has to do is to google and find such people. Go to YouTube and watch their videos.

A couple of months back in my area, an 11 year old boy got caught in the crossfire and was killed. One of his grandfathers, who was in tears, called out BLM and asked why they were doing nothing about this issue. It was heartbreaking to hear him talk. The irony is that the boy's mother worked as a "violence interrupter". She was back in their old neighborhood hosting an event. I say old neighborhood because they had moved out due to the violence. The boy and his grandfather had stopped by the event because the boy needed to get something from his mother and then be on his way. He got shot in the head and died in his mother's arms.

His grandfather is right. BLM doesn't care at all.
The problem is the Tele does not like to put these people on air. When these people speak up, they are called Uncle Toms.

Old 09-03-2020, 01:33 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I was near Grand Central Station in 2015 when BLM were protesting nearby chanting they wanted dead cops.

That made me ignore this dangerous org's "message" ever since.

I am a fan of MLK, Ghandi techniques. Diane Nash. James Lawson. John Lewis. Keep it peaceful, articulate, no damage to property, no threats to those with views you dislike, protest and I will, at minimum, listen to your message. Fail to and I group you with groups prone to violence and terrorist/rioting activity.
Personally I have never seen a BLM activist, and if I ever see a protest, I'll take the long way around it.

Having said that, this picture illustrates how MLK was portrayed by the Republicans in the 1960s.

See the similarities? It's identical. They tried to paint him as a violent terrorist & rioter, and today everyone who says "black lives matter" is labeled a terrorist and a marxist.

How has the BLM movement changed you this year?-118397751_10158814819833033_8084910756179597345_o.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies