Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2020, 08:39 AM

20,708 posts, read 19,353,439 times

Advertisements

BLM was not visible until election time, again. Its obviously funded agitprop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2020, 08:43 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,169,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
BLM was not visible until election time, again. Its obviously funded agitprop.
The incidents occurred close to election time but everything has been politicized. Someone I know wanted to donate to something BLM-related and it took her to the DNC page. She said forget it after that.

Old 09-02-2020, 03:14 PM

73,002 posts, read 62,578,805 times
The BLM movement hasn't changed me all that much. It's hearing conflicting reports, and hearing more people complain about Blacks that is changing me. I'm alot more careful about who I talk to in terms of politics. I have to take into account there are individuals who likely have some growing resentment towards Blacks. Actually, I've had to think about that for a long time. As it applies NOW, social media is showing alot of things that I wouldn't have seen back in 2007 or 2006. There were things I had to think about back then, but now, we're just seeing more of it.

The rioting itself has not changed me THAT much. We've been having riots long before BLM was ever a thing. There has been racial discord and tension long before BLM was ever a thing. We're just hearing about it more. There were riots happening in the 21st century before BLM came about. What has changed are people who are becoming more bold about their disdain for Blacks. That, however, is having an effect on more. It shouldn't, because I've been called the "N" word, I've been told to my face "I don't like Blacks" or "a neighborhood is better when there are no Blacks around". I've been told this stuff to my face by some individuals. It angers me, but it no longer shocks me. I now have to brace myself for this crap. I have to be ready for more tension. If what I'm seeing here on city-data is an indicator, I start to wonder who might feel a certain way. I've already had to cut off all contact with a few people over some comments they have made related to other stuff. I wondering how many more people that I personally know will say something really bad.

Old 09-02-2020, 07:16 PM

11,442 posts, read 5,973,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
The incidents occurred close to election time but everything has been politicized. Someone I know wanted to donate to something BLM-related and it took her to the DNC page. She said forget it after that.
The media and Hollywood are the Democrat Party propaganda wings. Antifa and BLM are their Stormtroopers. The Universities are like their Hitler Youth movement, where young minds are groomed to serve the State.

As far as that goes, I guess the the FBI over the past 4 years has acted like the Democrat Party Gestapo, and yet they still can't beat President Trump. Stymie him, but not beat him.

If anybody can identify similar relationships as relates to the Republican Party, then I stumped to think what they are. The Republicans don't have wholesale industries and organizations devoted just to supporting their political efforts? Rush Limbaugh? He preaches to the choir. The NRA? What power do they have. They mostly just run around in circles. The NRA for the GOP are more like the ACLU are for the Democrats -- loud, but mostly harmless.

Old 09-02-2020, 07:23 PM

20,100 posts, read 9,006,146 times
BLM?...lol...young (mostly white) anarchists stole their message months ago. The only news you hear about BLM is bad news because these anarchists have integrated themselves among the protesters. People don't want their neighborhoods burned down. Dems are giving this election away by supporting the looting and arson.

Old 09-02-2020, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
You want to hear worse? A friend of mine is married to a black man, and she admitted to me that she herself is starting to become racist. Trouble ahead.
Anyone who has started to turn against Black people because of this, I have no respect for them. I've dealt with situations where there were White people who personally did horrible things to me, and I've not turned on the entire White population. For that reason, I don't have any respect for those who have decided "forget Black people".

Old 09-02-2020, 07:27 PM

29,445 posts, read 14,635,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Anyone who has started to turn against Black people because of this, I have no respect for them. I've dealt with situations where there were White people who personally did horrible things to me, and I've not turned on the entire White population. For that reason, I don't have any respect for those who have decided "forget Black people".
Hell no, I wouldn't turn against my black friends. I wouldn't go be bopping around Detroit right now though. I used to like going to some of the restaurants and bars...now, I'll wait until this all settles down.

Old 09-02-2020, 07:28 PM

8,486 posts, read 4,733,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Am I the only one who thinks 'moving things forward' was never the real goal?
I’d like to think that once upon a time it was. Regardless, it’s not anything resembling that now. I took issue with the implication that black lives matter over other lives, but fine, it’s a black movement looking to advance black issues. Now? It’s...um...I don’t even know what. Antifa muddles it further. Anyway, I can’t support an organization which openly promotes restrictions on speech and which will set back the deeply needed and very far-ranging issue of criminal justice reform with idiotic, simpleton calls for police defunding. It’s frustrating that the first time I have ever seen criminal justice get addressed in a popular way goes so incredibly off the rails.

I’m back to just supporting the good ol’ Innocence Project.

Old 09-02-2020, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Hell no, I wouldn't turn against my black friends. I wouldn't go be bopping around Detroit right now though. I used to like going to some of the restaurants and bars...now, I'll wait until this all settles down.
I wouldn't go to Detroit by myself, period, and I'm Black. Actually, I have plenty of reason not to go to Detroit. Still too dangerous in many places.

There is one thing that is on my mind. Some people who are turning against Black people, I do consider that some of them would even turn against any Black friends that have. I'm not saying that you would. You bringing this up helped me put into words some of the things I've been thinking of.

Old 09-02-2020, 07:51 PM

29,445 posts, read 14,635,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I wouldn't go to Detroit by myself, period, and I'm Black. Actually, I have plenty of reason not to go to Detroit. Still too dangerous in many places.

There is one thing that is on my mind. Some people who are turning against Black people, I do consider that some of them would even turn against any Black friends that have. I'm not saying that you would. You bringing this up helped me put into words some of the things I've been thinking of.
I had to laugh a little bit at this. Detroit, really has been doing good. Yes there are some hot spots where the violence is, but it really hasn't spilled over into a lot of the popular areas. It's still sketchy but one just has to be aware.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies