Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 01:02 PM

494 posts, read 180,164 times

Advertisements

Two questions for those that support Trump:

1. What has he done for you that you continue to support him so much?

2. Putting aside political affiliations, what do you like so much about him as a person?

I understand that most Presidents have some faults and some not so likable qualities, but I fail to see anything positive about this man. And if you're going to list something like Law & order at least back it up.

I'll be up front with you on this. I do not like this man one bit. I feel that he is a two bit, lying con man with no empathy for anyone. It's all about how is this going to benefit me and my buddies. He hasn't done a damn thing for anyone. The stock market is being propped up by the Fed, the "law & order" is no where to be seen, the wall is being built and paid for by us and not Mexico, his handling of Covid is a joke and the list goes on. The reason I'm asking the above is that i see so many people love him and act like he is the greatest President to ever step foot in the White House and I just don't get it. I'm not on here to bash your political beliefs, but rather to try to understand what you see in this President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2020, 01:03 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times
there haven't been enough "Why do you support Trump?" topics for you to read?

Old 09-02-2020, 01:07 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brennan2323 View Post
2. Putting aside political affiliations, what do you like so much about him as a person?
He hates all the right people.

Or maybe I should say, he likes and enables all of the right "very fine people" and so all those "very fine people" support him in return. That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Old 09-02-2020, 01:10 PM

I'm assuming by "very fine people" it's based on the color of your skin. If that's the case I'm part of that group and what he says and does disgusts me. So basically because he's a racist you like him?

Old 09-02-2020, 01:10 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Funny how all the posters who start threads that begin with "help me understand something" .....

Aren't really interested in understanding anything.

Old 09-02-2020, 01:12 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Funny how all the posters who start threads that begin with "help me understand something" .....

Aren't really interested in understanding anything.
as opposed to your side who believes they are a reliable source of saying what liberals think?

Old 09-02-2020, 01:13 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,239,613 times
1) Stance on illegal immigration. I don't care who pays for the wall.
2) Stance on globalization. It's killing the American worker.
3) NAFTA. It helped kill American manufacturing jobs and the Mexican peasant farmer while enriching corporations and politicians. The minumum wage requirements for Mexican workers in auto manufacturing (USMCA) was one of Trump's single greatest accomplishments during his 1st termn in office. Obama said it couldn't be done.
4) Lower taxes along with a slightly more simplified tax system. Needs to be a hell of a lot simpler.
5) He is anti-establishment. Something I've waited for since GW Bush took office.
6) No pretense with Trump. Establishment politicians spend their entire existence creating a public personna that does not withstand scrutiny - not they are ever subjected to it by the media.
7) Not even going to touch on the riots.

That is my 3 minute list. Take it or leave it. Not going to argue with anyone about it.

Last edited by Mad_Jasper; 09-02-2020 at 01:23 PM..

Old 09-02-2020, 01:15 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brennan2323 View Post
Two questions for those that support Trump:

1. What has he done for you that you continue to support him so much?

I understand that most Presidents have some faults and some not so likable qualities, but I fail to see anything positive about this man. And if you're going to list something like Law & order at least back it up.

I'll be up front with you on this. I do not like this man one bit. I feel that he is a two bit, lying con man with no empathy for anyone. It's all about how is this going to benefit me and my buddies. He hasn't done a damn thing for anyone. The stock market is being propped up by the Fed, the "law & order" is no where to be seen, the wall is being built and paid for by us and not Mexico, his handling of Covid is a joke and the list goes on. The reason I'm asking the above is that i see so many people love him and act like he is the greatest President to ever step foot in the White House and I just don't get it. I'm not on here to bash your political beliefs, but rather to try to understand what you see in this President.
1. Everything except for signing the awful budget and blowing up our deficit.

2. I am not selecting a husband. I couldn’t care less.

3. Your entire last paragraph contains nothing but lies:
A. The stock market isn’t propped up by the Fed. You think billions of investors are fools if true?
B. We have a federal government not a dictatorship. Read up federalism and the constitution before you make yourself a fool again. The law and order is maintained by the local and state governments according to our federal system. The federal government can only intervene upon request. Every single democrat turned down Trump’s offer to quell the unrest.
C. Nobody except for fools believed the wall would be built by Mexico.
D. Once again, in our federal system, healthcare is the responsibility of the local and state governments. By the way, the local and state governments have got everything and more than what they requested from Trump. They sent on multiple thank you letters.

Old 09-02-2020, 01:15 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,525,563 times
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1599074248651

For black people...
1st step act, empowerment zones, criminal justice reform, fully funding HBCU's for 10 yrs...none of which Obama did.

Old 09-02-2020, 01:16 PM

No, I truly am. I'm not here to argue with anyone, but I have yet to speak to anyone that can provide a coherent argument as to why they support him. The most coherent happens to be the one posted above. If your support is based on the fact that he is a racist then by all means support him. I don't agree with it, but at least you're upfront about it. My issue is if someone says because he truly cares about the middle class I call BS on it unless you can show me how he helped the middle class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies