Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 01:18 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brennan2323 View Post
I'm assuming by "very fine people" it's based on the color of your skin. If that's the case I'm part of that group and what he says and does disgusts me. So basically because he's a racist you like him?
Not me. But Trump does love all of those "very fine people" who were carrying tiki torches and marching in Charlotte a few years back. Those are his peeps. He loves them and they love him.

If you are a person of color, you are not part of any constituency that he is interested in attracting. And he disgusts us all who don't believe there were "very fine people" carrying torches and chanting racist and bigoted slogans. You are not MAGA material. Count yourself blessed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2020, 01:19 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,164,301 times
He is a buffer between we Americans and the globalist cabal. That alone is worth the price of admission. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

Old 09-02-2020, 01:19 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Funny how all the posters who start threads that begin with "help me understand something" .....

Aren't really interested in understanding anything.
the cherry on top is saying several things to show they don't like ______ and then top it off with "Just to be clear, I don't like ________".

Old 09-02-2020, 01:23 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times
Quote:
I'm assuming by "very fine people" it's based on the color of your skin. If that's the case I'm part of that group and what he says and does disgusts me. So basically because he's a racist you like him?
Isn’t this a racist assumption that only a racist would make?

Old 09-02-2020, 01:23 PM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Two questions for those that support Trump:

1. What has he done for you that you continue to support him so much?

2. Putting aside political affiliations, what do you like so much about him as a person?

I understand that most Presidents have some faults and some not so likable qualities, but I fail to see anything positive about this man. And if you're going to list something like Law & order at least back it up.

I'll be up front with you on this. I do not like this man one bit. I feel that he is a two bit, lying con man with no empathy for anyone. It's all about how is this going to benefit me and my buddies. He hasn't done a damn thing for anyone. The stock market is being propped up by the Fed, the "law & order" is no where to be seen, the wall is being built and paid for by us and not Mexico, his handling of Covid is a joke and the list goes on. The reason I'm asking the above is that i see so many people love him and act like he is the greatest President to ever step foot in the White House and I just don't get it. I'm not on here to bash your political beliefs, but rather to try to understand what you see in this President.
The search function is your friend. There will be plenty of threads there to answer your question.

Old 09-02-2020, 01:25 PM

10,483 posts, read 7,010,515 times
You had all last week to watch the rnc to understand.

Old 09-02-2020, 01:29 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Trump for years talked about why this country was going down the tubes. I agreed. Saw the cities large factories leaving. I was also a biker and road off the beaten path and saw the poor neighborhoods and talked with a lot of people about their towns.. I saw many towns with main street closed up. Locals told me how everyone in town was on welfare because they closed the factories.

I saw and heard alot. Not everyone was getting prosperous because those factories were good paying jobs and kept that local pizza parlor opened. Now because the jobs all left and they were so poor couldn't even think about scraping enough money together and that was all they knew .. They depended on that job . Then their were no alternatives to find work. Many traveled out of their area and the commuting was expensive.

Then Trump saw this too. Many saw this.. Nafta took jobs, oh, the white collar were fine , it was the blue collar worker who got the shaft first. Then the white collar worker got foreigners taking their jobs. Remember Disney World where the Americans had to train the foreigners and if they refused they would not get their severance pay.

So the American people noticed they were forgotten but Trump didn't forget them. He acknowledged them for the first time ever. If you never were affected you didn't notice a thing or you knew but didn't care . I noticed . I talked to many people who were struggling. They gave up. Whites and blacks. Many black people are noticing now. The dems were not for them to give them a good paying job .

So yes , I voted Trump and he kept his promises of putting Americans of all races first. Then China sent us the plague and I believe it was a planned event manufactured in their labs.

Old 09-02-2020, 01:31 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times
Quote:
no, that person is a liberal and not part of your focus group.

Old 09-02-2020, 01:33 PM

494 posts, read 180,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
1. Everything except for signing the awful budget and blowing up our deficit.

2. I am not selecting a husband. I couldn’t care less.

It's comments like these that get me because if you don't have the facts straight how can you support it?First off, I never said you are selecting a husband, but I would like to think that in choosing someone to run this country you would be a little concerned with how they carry themselves and act as a person. Whatever, your right to feel that way.

3. Your entire last paragraph contains nothing but lies:
A. The stock market isn’t propped up by the Fed. You think billions of investors are fools if true?

The stock market is propped up by the Fed in that they are backstopping it by reducing investor worries about how much Covid will hurt the economy. As soon as the Fed stops watch all of those billions of investors run for the hills and it comes crashing down if the economy is not in a different place.

B. We have a federal government not a dictatorship. Read up federalism and the constitution before you make yourself a fool again. The law and order is maintained by the local and state governments according to our federal system. The federal government can only intervene upon request. Every single democrat turned down Trump’s offer to quell the unrest.

This is where the problem lies. I do understand this and it is up to the local and state authorities. Why attack me and say I don't understand? I never said he was responsible for putting down the protests. What i meant is that his words fan the flames instead of trying to bring people together.

C. Nobody except for fools believed the wall would be built by Mexico.

I didn't vote for him, but I knew this was a lie. Some Trump supporters believed it though and he ran on this.

D. Once again, in our federal system, healthcare is the responsibility of the local and state governments. By the way, the local and state governments have got everything and more than what they requested from Trump. They sent on multiple thank you letters.
I'm not even going here, because I think it's pretty well documented how inept he was and continues to be at handling this pandemic. To use Trumps quote about the people dying, "it is what is is."

Old 09-02-2020, 01:34 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
Two questions for those that support Trump:

1. What has he done for you that you continue to support him so much?

2. Putting aside political affiliations, what do you like so much about him as a person?

I understand that most Presidents have some faults and some not so likable qualities, but I fail to see anything positive about this man. And if you're going to list something like Law & order at least back it up.

I'll be up front with you on this. I do not like this man one bit. I feel that he is a two bit, lying con man with no empathy for anyone. It's all about how is this going to benefit me and my buddies. He hasn't done a damn thing for anyone. The stock market is being propped up by the Fed, the "law & order" is no where to be seen, the wall is being built and paid for by us and not Mexico, his handling of Covid is a joke and the list goes on. The reason I'm asking the above is that i see so many people love him and act like he is the greatest President to ever step foot in the White House and I just don't get it. I'm not on here to bash your political beliefs, but rather to try to understand what you see in this President.

while trump the person is rude and crude, he has shown that he wants to make this country better

he has instructed the military to build up rather than be torn down like the democrats do

he has tried to get rid of all those globalist "freetrade" agreements that the globalist liberals have put in place, which has outsourced millions of jobs

he has tried to bring back manufacturing..ie "made in the USA" rather than the made in mexico and china, that the liberals have pushed

he has tried to control illegal immigration, rather than the open borders that the liberals continue to push

is he a great POTUS... nope... but he certainly is better than any of the last couple of dozen liberal candidates, to include bush1, Clinton, wbush, and Obama too....

and if you look at this current race... 47years in office Biden,..he is part of the problem not the solution...…

is trumpo the solution... maybe... maybe not... but he is certainly better than China Joe, or than hitlery was
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies