Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2020, 06:22 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,430,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany has declared that if it’s considered safe to “loot businesses” during the COVID-19 pandemic, then it’s okay to celebrate Christmas with family.

President Donald Trump’s spokeswoman defended White House plans to hold numerous receptions and parties over the Christmas holiday season.

She argued that if Democrats and their allies in the media believe it’s safe for rioters to run wild during most of the pandemic, then it’s safe for them to celebrate indoors.

“If you can loot businesses, burn down buildings, engage in protests, you can also go to a Christmas party,” McEnany told reporters at a press briefing.

“You can celebrate the holiday of Christmas and you can do it responsibly,” she added.

The remark appeared to be a dig at violent radical-left “protesters” who have been giving a free pass on coronavirus restrictions while law-abiding citizens are told they can’t see their own family members.
https://newsthud.com/kayleigh-mcenan...ate-christmas/

I won't ever forget our slobbering, sycophantic media telling the public that riots and protests aren't a risk for spreading covid. Hard to believe there are large swaths of the population that takes their Party Approved scribblings and blather as things to be believed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2020, 06:26 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post

I won't ever forget our slobbering, sycophantic media telling the public that riots and protests aren't a risk for spreading covid. Hard to believe there are large swaths of the population that takes their Party Approved scribblings and blather as things to be believed.
Trump hate makes people do irrational things. The media hates Trump and even a nonpolitical holiday becomes something they hate.

Old 12-28-2020, 07:09 AM

5,347 posts, read 3,216,583 times
Quote:

Could you point me to even just one single article that says "riots and protests aren't a risk for spreading covid?" I've never seen that verbiage anywhere.

Old 12-28-2020, 07:37 AM

7,737 posts, read 5,520,181 times
Far right media always wants to pretend it's not "okay to celebrate Christmas". Very disturbing how manipulative these media companies are.

Old 12-28-2020, 07:42 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,880,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Could you point me to even just one single article that says "riots and protests aren't a risk for spreading covid?" I've never seen that verbiage anywhere.
Point out where the left says it is a risk?

Old 12-28-2020, 07:48 AM

5,347 posts, read 3,216,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Point out where the left says it is a risk?
I never made that claim so find someone else to question on that.

I am questioning the specific phrase "I won't ever forget our slobbering, sycophantic media telling the public that riots and protests aren't a risk for spreading covid."

Absolom said he/she "won't ever forget" it so I'm asking for some references.

Old 12-28-2020, 07:48 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:

Well, she sounds as dumb as they did. I can’t imagine how health workers feel about this.

Old 12-28-2020, 08:03 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,880,867 times
The protesters were the "Shock Workers. "The youth. Of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.,CPSU ONLY NOW THEY WORK FOR the American DNC.

Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Thank you. This is ridiculous.

EVERY SINGLE local media article in Austin started with a warning about protesting in groups is a way to spread COVID, so if you feel the need to make your voice heard please mask and distance. EVERY ONE.

And NO ONE said please loot and riot. I'm so tired of hearing this hashed and rehashed on this forum. The mainstream media did NOT say please loot and riot, that doesn't spread COVID.

On the other hand, looting doesn't appear to be a super spreader. I don't see looters sitting on each other's laps, sitting around a crowded holiday table for hours, piling all the kids on floor pallets in one room, kissing each other on the cheeks, sharing food, snuggling up under blankets together to watch holiday movies, and on and on.

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times
Quote:
You haven’t seen the media call out the rioters for spreading for spreading the virus or even tracking the virus spreading caused by the demonstrators or rioters, but if a Church, restaurants or even a rally is happening, the media is all over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies