Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2020, 09:38 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,797,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald DeCicco View Post
Independent sources are confirming its true. Meanwhile, Trump is out there swearing on everything holy that he never called John McCain a loser as alleged in the story when there is, quite literally, a tweet from him calling John McCain a loser. Gee, who should we believe?
Independent sources is a crock of crap. You missed my point. You CANNOT TRUST independent sources!!!!
Quote:
"I was never a big fan of John McCain, disagreed with him on many things including ridiculous endless wars and the lack of success he had in dealing with the VA and our great Vets, but the lowering of our Nations American Flags, and the first class funeral he was given by our Country, had to be approved by me, as President, & I did so without hesitation or complaint. Quite the contrary, I felt it was well deserved. I even sent Air Force One to bring his body, in casket, from Arizona to Washington. It was my honor to do so. Also, I never called John a loser and swear on whatever, or whoever, I was asked to swear on, that I never called our great fallen soldiers anything other than HEROES. This is more made up Fake News given by disgusting & jealous failures in a disgraceful attempt to influence the 2020 Election!"
From Trumps FB page.

Old 09-03-2020, 09:40 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Independent sources is a crock of crap. You missed my point. You CANNOT TRUST independent sources!!!!
From Trumps FB page.
Yep, "independent" anonymous sources are not worth a damn, especially if we have people who were there (whether Donald Trump or others) willing to go on the record and deny it.

Old 09-03-2020, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
LOL you know the left is desperate to push another "anonymously" sourced article to try to detract from the chaos and destruction leftists are causing in the streets. No, I don't believe President Trump said this and this seems too conveniently timed and place, particularly since the "alleged" incident is said to have taken place in 2018 (in a White House full of leaks, this wouldn't have been kept secret for two years). In any case, given that the left cannot get on the record, video recorded statements of the president right and intentionally lie and distort those, I in no way give credence to an anonymous source.

As for people asking "if he said it, what would you think": I don't deal in hypothetical situations. I will say that on the military, President Trump's actions are ten times that of Joe Biden's record, who sent thousands of our troops to their deaths in disastrous foreign wars.
Whats entertaining is that the situations referenced in the article were "big to-do's" when they happened. The best part is that each situation was proven otherwise lol!

Old 09-03-2020, 09:45 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Trump said he likes people who weren't caught. How many American POW's have there been over the years?

Because Trump's feelings were hurt by McCain he slandered every American POW. It's disgusting.

Just say it -- it was a terrible thing to say.

And yes this new info. may be bogus, hearsay, gossip but it does resurface Trump's feeling that POW's aren't heroes.
^^^^^ And another thing that made it even mare disgusting is that Cadet Bonespurs never served.

Old 09-03-2020, 09:47 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
here they go with anonymous sources supposedly saying he said this and that0. Right at election time they come out with this lol. You would think that if he actually said this those accusing him would come forward

"according to sources with knowledge" yeah? so what is their names?

Meanwhile Pelosi is caught on camera breaking rules and another democrat caught on mic by accident saying " if it wasn't my primary I wouldn't care".

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/03/polit...ent/index.html

but we do know the name of the author who the article and he has a history of working for left leaning media and being critical of conservatives, so given Jeffery Goldberg has that history and can't name sources to the alleged accusations well then.......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Goldberg
Whataboutism. Try to stick to the topic.

Old 09-03-2020, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
^^^^^ And another thing that made it even mare disgusting is that Cadet Bonespurs never served.

Well neither did Biden nor Clinton. So your argument is flawed.

Old 09-03-2020, 10:00 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald DeCicco View Post
So your argument is that all of these multiple independent sources are all lying and the one person who is provably lying about the story via their own tweet is the only one telling the truth?
Yes

There is zero downside to actually coming out

And why didn’t they come out back in 2017?

Old 09-03-2020, 10:04 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Yes

There is zero downside to actually coming out

And why didn’t they come out back in 2017?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Uh so?
That’s not a requirement to be president. Most Dems would be disqualified if it was

Old 09-03-2020, 10:05 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
what he said about McCain was extremely disrespectful, and I personally didn't approve. You can compare his crass statement to what HRRC said about the dead in Benghazi.
He said it while he was a candidate.

Didn't you vote for him ?

Additionally, bringing up Hillary as above is irrelevant. Plenty of people critical of Trump's disrespectful comment aren't Democrats, nor HRC voters/supporters. In fact, some of us despise Hillary.

Old 09-03-2020, 10:05 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,061,657 times
The cognitive dissonance of Trump supporters is on par with supporters of every evil leader in history. There is nothing unique about them. Dumb and/or amoral people have been making excuses for the infamous since the dawn of humanity. It doesn't matter what Trump does. It's a co-dependent relationship. Some people just have some need to love the monsters that would destroy them. It's a deeply rooted darkness in all of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies