Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2020, 03:23 PM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer_and_Sticks View Post
Context. Context is your undoing.

In context, it was clearly a slight at McCain alone. It's okay if you disagree. It's not against the law for you to be wrong.

It's bad enough that Trump was attacking McCain and that alone should be more than enough to attack Trump with in return. DO THAT. Attack Trump for the sentiment he levied against McCain. Do that in spades. Do not, however, make up stupid crap that's obvious to anyone who isn't gargling MSNBC's nuts and expect intelligent people to believe you.

Instead, people like you blow the story out of proportion and drive support for Trump because people see you and those parroting the same stupid bull**** as being sensationalist exaggerators.
Nah.

People who believe the bolded are already Trump supporters .

Old 09-04-2020, 03:24 PM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,448,689 times
Fox News has also verified the Atlantic article.

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingItEasy View Post
because the flyover states' voters will keep them (Senators/Congressmen) in office so as politicians usually do - they're going along w/ the clown in the White House to save their own necks.
They would keep them in office even if they dumped Trump. Primaries are over. They are not going to vote for Democrats. Maybe it is time for some low risk integrity, finally.

1,131 posts, read 386,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
The 'Basket of Deploribles' is absolutely real, and on full, freakish display here today.

How odd that the venerable Military paper Stars and Stripes has had its funding pulled, and has been ordered to shut down by the 15th of the month. They've been publishing since 1861, and is widely read by the Military.

That didn't take long....

I guess anyone that doesn't believe this latest story has a short circuited memory, as this pattern of total disrespect is nothing new.
Der Fuhrer Drumpf didn't like the latest poll results from the military: "Trump’s popularity slips in latest Military Times poll — and more troops say they’ll vote for Biden".....

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/p...ote-for-biden/

The results, collected before the political conventions earlier this month, appear to undercut claims from the president that his support among military members is strong thanks to big defense budget increases in recent years and promised moves to draw down troops from overseas conflict zones.

But the Military Times Polls, surveying active-duty troops in partnership with the Institute for Veterans and Military Families (IVMF) at Syracuse University, have seen a steady drop in troops’ opinion of the commander in chief since his election four years ago.

In the latest results — based on 1,018 active-duty troops surveyed in late July and early August — nearly half of respondents (49.9 percent) had an unfavorable view of the president, compared to about 38 percent who had a favorable view.
...Military Times.com

Old 09-04-2020, 03:25 PM

6,095 posts, read 2,717,141 times
Imagine for a minute if you will if Obama called our troops losers and degenerated their service. The right would demand he be impeached convinced and arrested for treason even if it was just a rumor or whisper.

This isn't a one off thing for Trump there are tapes/tweets of Trump calling those who served losers and that he didn't like soldiers who were captured.

I hope the veterans and those who actually support our troops and not pretend to support them hammer this message till election day.

Trump is pro Military like BLM is pro police.

Last edited by My2cents55; 09-04-2020 at 03:33 PM..

Old 09-04-2020, 03:28 PM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nap1313 View Post
"This person is a woman. I like people that are not women."

"This person is Ugandan. I like people that are not Ugandan."

"This person speaks Catalan. I like people who don't speak Catalan."

That's not only a personal attack, but an attack on that whole group of people.

Old 09-04-2020, 03:31 PM

13,232 posts, read 7,286,273 times
It will be different with this then Trumps 2015 remarks about McCain. It's one thing to argue with a political rival such as McCain was, but it's different when a sitting President says these things about 118k dead WW1 Marines in France (Losers & Suckers).

Old 09-04-2020, 03:32 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Voting this fall is as simple as driving. Pull the lever to "R" to go in reverse. Push it to "D" in order to move forward.

Senator Tammy Duckworth speaking of Trump's anti-military stance said, "I'll take my wheelchair and titanium legs over his bone spurs any day."

Old 09-04-2020, 03:32 PM

6,568 posts, read 6,732,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
The 'Basket of Deploribles' is absolutely real, and on full, freakish display here today.

How odd that the venerable Military paper Stars and Stripes has had its funding pulled, and has been ordered to shut down by the 15th of the month. They've been publishing since 1861, and is widely read by the Military.

That didn't take long....

I guess anyone that doesn't believe this latest story has a short circuited memory, as this pattern of total disrespect is nothing new.
Lol, had nothing to do with Trump. He just stated BTW he will find funding for it.

Old 09-04-2020, 03:35 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
I expect that this veterans hoax was originally scheduled to come out in a couple weeks - note that they had all the ads prepared in advance – but between Biden’s disastrous performance and Botox Pelosi’s hypocrisy, plus the polls, they had to go early
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies