Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2020, 04:13 PM

13,238 posts, read 7,286,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
If true ... I can imagine the Tweets tonight and it will be BRUTAL. Get ready for Fox News to be TOTALLY LABELED DEAD AND FAKE AS CNN to TRUMP.

Now Trump will still have to face Fox News Chris Wallace as moderator of the first debate.....
I didn't even think about the debates if so many sources are now saying what Trump said is true this will be a question for Trump. Unless Trump drops from the race over this.

Old 09-04-2020, 04:14 PM

33,325 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Captain Asthma didn't go either.

Didn't stop him from playing college football.

As for McCain, in recruit training I was taught the Code of Conduct for POWs and McCain was held up as an example of what to do.

There is no doubt that refusing to leave before those that had been there longer was an act of heroism.

It is also a fact that over several decades McCain became part of the DC swamp and even participated in the Democrat's attempt to steal an election using the product of Russian intelligence, i.e., the Steele Dossier.

At the very least he showed careless disregard for getting his facts straight about allegations that could have destroyed a presidency and deprived the people of their right to choose their own leaders.

That level of carelessness about something that is so essential to the survival of the republic is ****ing unforgivable.
And people shouldn't vote for Biden either.

The bolded isn't a valid reason to vote for Trump...it's a deflection.

Old 09-04-2020, 04:15 PM

6,569 posts, read 6,732,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I didn't even think about the debates if so many sources are now saying what Trump said is true this will be a question for Trump. Unless Trump drops from the race over this.
Lol.

Old 09-04-2020, 04:22 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,253,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Donald Trump strikes again.......

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...hk9gOpuT4hejvg

.....he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.
I’ve asked numerous general officers over the past year for their analysis of Trump’s seeming contempt for military service. They offer a number of explanations.
“ multiple sources tell The Atlantic.“. Nuff said. If its multiple sources, it must be true. Start the impeachment. Oh wait.

Old 09-04-2020, 04:23 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,425,885 times
You shouldn't trust Jeffery Goldberg (the one who published these quotes):

https://twitter.com/danielchaitin7/s...80528480673793

He was the guy who lied about links between Al Qaeda and Saddam in the lead up to the Iraq War.

Old 09-04-2020, 04:23 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,900,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald DeCicco View Post
If Trump drops from the race, I think Pence will be the favorite over Biden (while Trump is currently the underdog). That said, I think Trump would never consider it. He would rather drag the GOP down with him and spend the next 10 years on OAN spouting conspiracy theory about how he was cheated than actually give up.
you mean like Hillary has done?

Old 09-04-2020, 04:25 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Trump "supposedly," said this at the time Bolton was there, get it! That's when "they" said this bogus nonsense happened. Later did not matter. This is a rehashed story & was a planned drop as we can see since they had meida ready to go.
Believe what you will. That does not change the fact that the comment was very much in keeping with what we know about Trump's personality from his past remarks. He has no love for the military.

Old 09-04-2020, 04:29 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,982,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
My original posing of that question was in response to a highlighted potion of a Taratova post that was also not specific to being POTUS.

Irrespective of that though, I disagree with you above. It goes to character....and I feel, as do many other people, that character is an important component of being POTUS.
Bad character didn’t seem to produce a mass exodus of democrats against Bill Clinton when he got his BJs from Monica Lewinski.

Character is further down the list of importance when it comes to POTUS. Economy, keeping this country safe and not taxing me into oblivion is far more important to me and many other voters.

Old 09-04-2020, 04:32 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Associated Press(AP) is a legit news organization. They confirm their sources are real and legit sources. They have 2 sources below that confirmed Trump's remarks are true. Per the constitution, the press can legally protect their sources(i.e. not specify the person's names if sources don't want their name released), as sources can be afraid to be fired for speaking out. But AP does confirm the sources are real and hold the positions that they say they hold.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/t...soldiers-to-ap

Two Senior Officials Confirm Trump’s Remarks About Fallen Soldiers To AP

A senior Defense Department official with firsthand knowledge of events and a senior U.S. Marine Corps officer who was told about Trump’s comments confirmed some of the remarks to The Associated Press, including the 2018 cemetery comments.
Uh huh. Given a choice between “unnamed sources” who may or may not have been there and John Bolton who was actually there when the trip was called off I’ll listen to Bolton. He’s no fan of Trump and even he says Trump didn’t say it.

It’s mighty curious how this supposedly happened in 2018 yet it’s becoming the story of the week a mere 8 weeks before the election in 2020. As September surprises go it’s rather lame, but with the DNC in freefall I suppose they’re willing to try anything.

Old 09-04-2020, 04:33 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,009,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
Bad character didn’t seem to produce a mass exodus of democrats against Bill Clinton when he got his BJs from Monica Lewinski.

Character is further down the list of importance when it comes to POTUS. Economy, keeping this country safe and not taxing me into oblivion is far more important to me and many other voters.
The bulk of that drama was his 2nd term.. It didnt matter near as much.. Think if it occurred before November 1996.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies