Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2020, 04:59 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times

Advertisements

Bolton's book alleged that the visit was canceled because poor weather conditions prevented Trump to be flown via helicopter safely.

Old 09-04-2020, 04:59 PM

6,107 posts, read 4,602,134 times
What do you expect from the LEFTIST FAKE NEWS?

The way they don't recognize the vast importance of maintaining the integrity of Trump's orange hair over honoring fallen soldiers shows they're FAKE NEWS!

Old 09-04-2020, 05:01 PM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Goldberg should have convinced his sources to put their good name behind the piece. It’s irresponsible to make these accusations of the leader of the free world without presenting the public with a shred of hard evidence. Goldberg should have known that.

Who insulted Angela Merkel?

17,539 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Donald Trump strikes again.......

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...hk9gOpuT4hejvg

.....he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.
I’ve asked numerous general officers over the past year for their analysis of Trump’s seeming contempt for military service. They offer a number of explanations.

There is no way in hell that this is true.

Even John Bolton, a strong anti-Trumper who was on the trip, said this is not true.

You gotta love anonymous sources, NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9,639 posts, read 6,013,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
If you work around a person for hours on end for a long time for days do you hear every single thing they say? I worked with a boss at one time who got fired for bad comments. I never heard them say it. Even though I was around the boss lots.. I was not around them to hear EVERY SINGLE THING THEY SAID then. This is such a weak argument
Quote:
Bolton's book alleged that the visit was canceled because poor weather conditions prevented Trump to be flown via helicopter safely.
Bolton’s said he didn’t hear anything first hand, but wouldn’t surprise him.

Old 09-04-2020, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Who insulted Angela Merkel?
What? Angela Merkel the left wing crazy? I guess ole Angela loves Trump too.

Old 09-04-2020, 05:08 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
If you work around a person for hours on end for a long time for days do you hear every single thing they say? I worked with a boss at one time who got fired for bad comments. I never heard them say it. Even though I was around the boss lots.. I was not around them to hear EVERY SINGLE THING THEY SAID then. This is such a weak argument
Accusation: Trump decided not to go to the cemetery because he said the people there were losers, according to anonymous sources.

Statement: John Bolton, who was in the room when the decision was made, denies that Trump said it.

Your response: Maybe Trump said it at some other time.

Believe what you want. I’m not voting for Trump (or Biden) and don’t have time to waste on chasing goal posts that you are going to keep moving. My only reason for posting was to point out that the only witness to the meeting who has spoken about it publicly says the statement didn’t happen. If you’d rather believe people who won’t let a mediocre “news source” publish their names than someone who was actually there, have fun with that. If any of those “sources” come forward and make the accusation publicly, I’ll reconsider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Bolton’s said he didn’t hear anything first hand, but wouldn’t surprise him.
ok, lol, I'll bet that is proof to you.

Bolton is anti-Trump because he's a war monger and Trump isn't.

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Goldberg should have convinced his sources to put their good name behind the piece. It’s irresponsible to make these accusations of the leader of the free world without presenting the public with a shred of hard evidence. Goldberg should have known that.
Goldberg DOES know that ...... He is a long time Leftists (and HUGE Obama supporter) and The Atlantic is now owned by a VERY, VERY Powerful Woman who is funding all types of Social Justice and one of the Richest Women in the World ... the Widow Jobs, Michelle Obama's good buddy and Special Guest at a Address to the Nation ... Multi-Million Dollar donor to Hillary.

My count is 9 people who were there that have Debunked this Hit Piece .... including John Bolton.
ALL of them are willing to go on Record with their names - The Atlantic claims their Anonymous Sources are just to scared to go on Record. That's bunkum and so is the Hiden' Ad that mysteriously hit at the same time on the same subject. A well Co-Ordinated HIT Piece ..... in August of all things.
Can't these people understand a simple Calendar? They must be in Total Meltdown Panic.

Pro-Tip to Leftists :

When you can't even get Anti-Trumper John Bolton to back up a Hit Piece like this, stick a fork in the Leftist Fairy Tale. You thought the Clinton "Deplorables" rant was bad? You thought the attempted Destruction of Federal Judge Kavanaugh was bad?

Nothing compared to the coming OUTRAGE about this particular LIE.
A reasonable person would speculate .... are these people actually trying to get a WIN for Donald Trump in 2020? It sure looks like it.

37,176 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
If they TRULY confirmed this, they would publish the names of those sources and not keep them anonymous....trust me I would love to see them lose their security clearance just like the person at the Pentagon who stated a lie to the media about my husband.

No, they would not. Anonymous sources are used by everyone in the media business, right and left leaning alike. Sources who know agree to talk provided they can remain anonymous, and because that convention is recognized, they normally tell the truth. If their statements were debunked readily, they would lose their status as a reliable source. If the outlet identified them, no other potential source or whistleblower would ever trust them. Anonymous sources are protected by the Constitution, and court case have been fought over media that will not reveal its sources.

To release their names could subject them to loss of their jobs, death threats, and actual physical violence from those who don't like what they have to say. That, BTW, is a two-edged sword. Be careful what you wish for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies