Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2020, 03:14 PM

826 posts, read 244,396 times

Advertisements

Maybe Biden should take a step back and decide what he believes in and study what a POTUS can and cannot do.

How many issues is Biden going to flip flop on and lie about this year?

I read people saying they are supporting Biden because he will make masks mandatory. How are they feeling now that Biden says he won't?

Biden denies he supported a national mask mandate, claims he’s a ‘constitutionalist’
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2020, 03:16 PM

10,061 posts, read 14,430,706 times
He cannot remember what his handlers and his team tell him to do.

Biden has dementia, in one form or another--the man is mentally not in his prime.

Old 11-12-2020, 10:23 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,174,727 times
Asked if he would use his federal leverage to mandate the wearing of masks, the former vice president said, "Yes, I would from an executive standpoint. Yes, I would. I would do everything possible to make it required that people had to wear masks in public," Biden said.

He said he would do "everything possible." However, unlike the outgoing orange disgrace, he does recognize that he really doesn't always have absolute, Constitutionally bestowed power to act on a whim unilaterally.

Old 11-12-2020, 10:24 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Asked if he would use his federal leverage to mandate the wearing of masks, the former vice president said, "Yes, I would from an executive standpoint. Yes, I would. I would do everything possible to make it required that people had to wear masks in public," Biden said.

He said he would do "everything possible." However, unlike the outgoing orange disgrace, he does recognize that he really doesn't always have absolute, Constitutionally bestowed power to act on a whim unilaterally.
Then why is he keep saying he will do it?

Old 11-12-2020, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Then why is he keep saying he will do it?
He doesn't. That's just what you want to hear so you can keep yelling at the TV about your freedom to spittle all over anyone within 10' radius.

Old 11-12-2020, 10:43 PM

13,442 posts, read 4,286,577 times
Quote:
He doesn't. That's just what you want to hear so you can keep yelling at the TV about your freedom to spittle all over anyone within 10' radius.

B.S.,he has been running that he will. We are still waiting on his plan. A task force, so political appointees can sit on a table and "talk" about ideas? how is the drug czar and task force working out?

He ran that he will do better and save lives. What's the plan?

Old 11-12-2020, 10:44 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,281,411 times
We have a mask mandate in my town and compliance has fallen from 95% to 75%. The only people really getting it badly have some serious health issues....smokers and the elderly. Mandates are only as good as your ability to enforce them. Maybe we'll get herd immunity faster.

I get it...we don't want to overwhelm hospital ICU capacity.... I'm just reporting my observations here in eastern south dakota. Honestly the high risk people should be shopping at 6-8AM anyways ..if you go shopping at 5PM you only have yourself to blame. That's what I do...because hey, nobody else ever does. It's always empty at 6am.

I remember when they only had one entrance opened because social distancing right? . Also reduce the hours so I can't go shopping at 1AM.

Old 11-12-2020, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
B.S.,he has been running that he will. We are still waiting on his plan. A task force, so political appointees can sit on a table and "talk" about ideas? how is the drug czar and task force working out? He ran that he will do better and save lives. What's the plan?

Speaking of spittle...

Oh, what do you care? You can't even admit a guy with a 5+ million vote lead in the popular vote and a statistical lock on the Electoral College has won the election. His plan could be to write you a million dollar check and you would complain about it not being 2 million.

Old 11-12-2020, 10:52 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,869,657 times
At least Trump told you what he believed and wanted to do. With Biden you'll never know until it's already done. It's going to be a sneaky administration just like Obama's.

Old 11-12-2020, 10:56 PM

13,442 posts, read 4,286,577 times
Quote:

yeah and I want peace in the world and a unicorn. What does that supposed to mean? ""Yes, I would from an executive standpoint. Yes, I would. I would do everything possible to make it required that people had to wear masks in public"

Explain where in the constitution he has the power to make people wear masks? is he going to pass an executive order to back it up with federal troops in a country of 340 million people and only 35k FBI employees? he would need lots lawyers because he will be tied up in court with lawsuits.

Is like asking a candidate, what are you going to going to do about job growth and they answer real vague ""Yes, I would from an executive standpoint, I would do everything possible to make it grow"

but what are the details? " I will talk to economists and listen to them and I will do everything in my power to make it happen"

this guy is a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies