Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2020, 08:31 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,516,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
Forgive me. I should have said, Trump is Hitler in 1932. We'll see where we are in a couple of years.
Doubling down on stupidity certainly is one method of dealing with the fallout of sharing your feelings ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2020, 08:32 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,624,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
As a Jewish person, I find your minimization of Hitler and the SS to be offensive.

When Trump starts gassing people to death until there are huge piles of dead bodies all over the country, please get back to me, and then we can talk about how "Trump is Hitler".
IM not making any assertions about Trump here...but what you said is true, HOWEVER, the general public at the time, was not aware of Hitlers death camps, (they didnt talk about them in the speeches or publicly)

Old 10-01-2020, 08:33 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,754,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Doubling down on stupidity certainly is one method of dealing with the fallout of sharing your feelings ...
Now THAT should be Trump's re-election slogan!

Old 10-01-2020, 08:34 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,563,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No. Donald Trump's FBI designated them as “extremist group with ties to white nationalism”.

You don't have to agree with it, and you can defend & promote them all you want, but it is what it is, and they are what they are: fringe white supremacist lunatics / terrorists & Donald Trump's private army (standing by for orders to strike).
So the multi-ethnic, multi-racial group who beat up your white DNC terrorist friends are "white supremacist lunatics"?

That's quite the hot take there kiddo.

Old 10-01-2020, 08:35 AM

5,989 posts, read 6,792,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
It’s one of the most ridiculous attempts at brainwashing I’ve ever seen transpire. Trump hates Jews .... hahaha!
Actually, I don't think that Trump hates Jews. He grew up in NYC, and there are so many "normal" people who are Jews (aside from the ultra-Orthodox, who are a separate cult, with whom not that many people have other than unpleasant business dealings, if that at all) that I think he just thinks of Jews as being (gasp) people. You have to think of Jews as being the "other" in order to be antisemitic, and when a full third of the people around you, and probably more like half of the people around you who are above underclass/working class are Jews, for all your formative years, it's difficult to think of them as the "other", even if they're not allowed in the club your family may have belonged to. He went to Kew Forest for grades K-7, and even back in the '60s, I think there were Jews attending there, so he had Jewish classmates, in a school with tiny classes of 20 kids in a grade. However, that doesn't mean that he is above using anti-semitic tropes to rally his base base, such as the meme of Hillary Clinton with money and Jewish stars. And he's perfectly happy to ally himself with KKK-like antisemites.

Old 10-01-2020, 08:36 AM

39,876 posts, read 26,546,256 times
The bigotry and ignorance of that "reporter" is beyond belief. But given that she's with CNN, that's hardly a surprise. The way she lies in the end and discounts everything she was told in the interview is telling.

I'd be curious to see her interviews with Pantifa/BLM rioters that have been burning, looting and assaulting people for 3 months. Did she complain about them "wasting the taxpayer's resources"? About being from outside the area?

I'm curious-Proud Boys have been around for a while now. Have they ever set businesses on fire? Ever looted a store? Ever dragged innocent bystanders from their cars and beaten them? Ever murdered a police officer? Have there EVER been a violent PB rally when Pantifa or similar groups didn't show up and initiate violence?

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 10-01-2020 at 08:48 AM..

Old 10-01-2020, 08:39 AM

1,514 posts, read 892,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Why was he asked that? They are not the ones burning cities and threatening families in their homes.
White supremacists/separatists, whatever, are not the threat. Militias actually are the only ones willing to step up and protect areas under attack from the idea of Antifa and BLM, also just an idea and their ideas of molotov cocktails and killing police.
People burning and looting are criminals. Criminals need to be prosecuted and publicly condemned by leadership. Leadership needs to condemn any militant group such as Antifa who encourages that vigilantism and vilolence. Antifa is an extreamist militant group. While Trump supporters are claiming ignorance and beating around the bush, Proud boys are also an extreamist militant group. Both groups (all militant groups) need to be condemned. This thread isn't about all militant groups though. This thread is about the militant extreamist group Proud Boys.

Trump was asked to condemn White Supremist groups and militant groups.
Did he?
If not, what did he say?
Which canidate was the only candidate that said criminals should be prosecuted?
Was it the The "Law and Order" President who said criminals should be prosecuted or the canidate who is in another tribe and is supposedly is all about Anarchy and choas who is all for committing crimes such as rioting, looting and burning?

If you think far right or far left groups are a good thing (as long as its your tribe that is on your side of the aisle), you are Exibit A of who Trump is appealing to and the biggest reason he did not offer a public rebuke and condemnation of vigilantes and militant groups. In this case, its not all about the Benjamin's to Trump. Its all about the votes and not losing any.

Old 10-01-2020, 08:39 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,394,875 times
Quote:
Actually, I don't think that Trump hates Jews. He grew up in NYC, and there are so many "normal" people who are Jews (aside from the ultra-Orthodox, who are a separate cult, with whom not that many people have other than unpleasant business dealings, if that at all) that I think he just thinks of Jews as being (gasp) people. You have to think of Jews as being the "other" in order to be antisemitic, and when a full third of the people around you, and probably more like half of the people around you who are above underclass/working class are Jews, for all your formative years, it's difficult to think of them as the "other", even if they're not allowed in the club your family may have belonged to. He went to Kew Forest for grades K-7, and even back in the '60s, I think there were Jews attending there, so he had Jewish classmates, in a school with tiny classes of 20 kids in a grade. However, that doesn't mean that he is above using anti-semitic tropes to rally his base base, such as the meme of Hillary Clinton with money and Jewish stars. And he's perfectly happy to ally himself with KKK-like antisemites.
Now you're just trolling.

Old 10-01-2020, 08:40 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,674,899 times
Trump pretends he's never heard of Proud Boys

The question I have is why the OP pretends to know what the President has heard ?

Old 10-01-2020, 08:41 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,516,480 times
Quote:
Well here’s a little *pat* on your head for all those words. You’re a good typist!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies