Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2020, 12:08 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,694,537 times

Advertisements

As an independent.

I've watched Joe Rogan talk shows all the time. People accuse him of being right-wing. But he publicly stated he's a progressive. He's invited a lot of conservatives and also some liberals. But yet it seems majority of those that are political commentators or comedians come on his shows are conservatives or independents.

Tim Pool is the perfect example of someone who is level headed and can backup the talk and goes on his show and other shows with facts.

Ben Shapiro, another guy that is conservative but backs it up with facts.

Then you have liberals like Bill Maher, comes on with his opinions and hardly any facts. But atleast he agreed that it wasn't the Russians that helped Trump.

Whenever I watch MSNBC and CNN, just to hear some opposing commentators I have to turn it off. It's so far fetched that it makes Tucker Carlson seem like a philosopher.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2020, 12:11 PM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
As an independent.

I've watched Joe Rogan talk shows all the time. People accuse him of being right-wing. But he publicly stated he's a progressive. He's invited a lot of conservatives and also some liberals. But yet it seems majority of those that are political commentators or comedians come on his shows are conservatives or independents.

Tim Pool is the perfect example of someone who is level headed and can backup the talk and goes on his show and other shows with facts.

Then you have liberals like Bill Maher, comes on with his opinions and hardly any facts. But atleast he agreed that it wasn't the Russians that helped Trump.

Whenever I watch MSNBC and CNN, just to hear some opposing commentators I have to turn it off. It's so far fetched that it makes Tucker Carlson seem like a philosopher.
I've seen his Bernie Sanders and Tulsi Gabbard interviews. I've seen several interviews with liberals. One I saw was about these two guys who represent wrongfully incarcerated people. They were talking about Kamala Harris' record on some of those issues, and said even though they didn't agree with some of the things she did, they were definitely voting for her and Biden. Joe doesn't seem to want to get into the political weeds much.

Old 09-10-2020, 12:25 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,782,856 times
Liberals engage in debate just as much as conservatives.

Here are some good left versus right debates.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S1NTbGx2_uQ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vdZU4HKSxHs

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx9urHK0tKg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bdUC8nRVyYY&t=1925s

Old 09-10-2020, 12:27 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,013,134 times
Quote:
As an independent.

It's quite common for universities to have liberals speak. But it's less common for an open Q & A where they can be exposed.

Old 09-10-2020, 12:28 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,356,148 times
Wait, people are watching Joe Rogan in sincerity as opposed to mock?

Old 09-10-2020, 12:38 PM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Watch him all the time. When he's talking seriously and not just yukking it up.

Old 09-10-2020, 01:01 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,694,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
This is why liberals like you do right? Cancel or tune people you disagree with or can't give people with broad perspective room.

I can see value on both the left and right but I have no tolerance for people who are closed minded that tries to cancel opposing opinions. I like to hear people on open debates and Joe has been better than majority of the shows that support one way or the other.

Old 09-10-2020, 01:05 PM

67 posts, read 25,739 times
Quote:
As an independent.

Oh god seriously Tim pool lol....Shapiro meh I guess I could see some of his points or how they can at least lead to discussions but even then he says some **** (watch him and rogan talk about kap issue , made me cringe how he made it seem like hes an nfl expert)..watch secular talk or that pak guy, there are left leaning individuals who do engage in talks with right but you just don’t see it cause ur prob in a right wing bubble, who knows. I like watching various things , the hill is a good show I think.

Maher is a bad example though he’s not really an intellectual who discusses thing in nuance, he’s more a shock value guy like Candace Owens. FYI I do watch Shapiro on ocassion just take everything with a grain of salt , I loved his yang interview....tim pool or crowder I cringe while watching them if I do. I think technically pool is left leaning but like 99% of his vids are talking **** about the left cause he’s found a good $ moneymaker catering to angry males/right wing

Last edited by Wo1234; 09-10-2020 at 01:17 PM..

Old 09-10-2020, 05:02 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,007,750 times
Quote:
As an independent.

Most of the people that he interviews are liberals, they consider themselves liberals that they have critiques around "green", post modernisn, woke culture whatever russell conjugation you want to use, does not make them Trump supporters or conservatives.

Old 09-10-2020, 05:13 PM

1,768 posts, read 567,572 times
Who are the conservatives debating then? Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies