Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2020, 08:45 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
As you pointed out, the survey asked about newcomers from other countries (i.e. immigrants). I recommend you refrain from extrapolating with your own qualifiers for newcomers in this data set. It is a serious mistake in data analysis and adds nothing of value to conclusions and discussions. Be well.
I recommend you listen to the replies and read the article instead of reading what you want it to read. So stop extrapolating that illegal and legal immigrants are one in the same.

Newsflash we Republicans are not against immigrants of any color as long as they immigrate legally just as we can be against racism and be against the organization BLM at the same time. BLM is a shill for a deeper darker political objective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2020, 08:46 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I don't know a single Trump supporter that has a problem with immigrants.
There are millions of them, including me. Immigrants get a share of ownership in a country they didn't build or secure. And they get a voting interest. These things come out of the natives' ownership and voting shares and make the natives poorer.

Old 09-10-2020, 08:49 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
32% of Trump supporters now recognize the important contributions of immigrants and believe immigrants strengthen our society, compared to only 19% of Trump supporters in 2016.
It's amazing what you can do if you exclude conservative and scientific voices from public discourse. Immigration is a disaster for Americans, but no one is allowed to explain this to the public.

Old 09-10-2020, 08:50 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
You just engaged a straw man argument.

Illegal immigration , and refugees are the problem, the latter probably even worse. Any large group of immigrants that go on the welfare state form ghettos and become an insular culture. They don't meet people at work , nor do they interact with the public at large. Their children usually harbor resentment and festering hatreds I recall in Germany they had 8 working for the post office some years ago .With legal immigration and from wide spread areas ,balkanization does not tend to occur.

The Latino illegals just create an exploitable underclass to put low wage pressure on poor Americans. Not as bad but pretty screwed up. I guess that's the answer to Chinese slave labor. Of course with no border control as well it also add a nice criminal flavor to it. 80% of women are raped crossing the border according to Huffington Post in 2015 and when Trump mentions rapists then some how women are raped without rapists. orange man bad.

Old 09-10-2020, 09:21 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
We've never had a problem with LEGAL immigrants.

We do have a problem with ILLEGAL ALIENS.

But that never stops a lefty from trying to pretend those 2 groups are the same thing.
No one pretends they are the same. I know quite a few illegal immigrants who work harder than many Americans. Their work ethnic is impeccable. You will see no laziness from them. Plus they do the grunt work that Americans don't want to do. They have no problem working longs hours 7 days a week. They are grateful for this opportunity for a better life. Many may be paid under the table because of their employer but most receive a paycheck which means they are paying taxes. I don't see a problem with that.

Old 09-10-2020, 09:23 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,347,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Immigrants in the aggregate are net takers. There is no contribution to appreciate. A few contribute, but on balance immigrants make natives poorer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I don't know a single Trump supporter that has a problem with immigrants. We have a process to manage the numbers and vet them to ensure they don't have a criminal history and can contribute to this nation.

Most people (and I suspect even many Democrats) have an issue with foreign criminals however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
There are millions of them, including me. Immigrants get a share of ownership in a country they didn't build or secure. And they get a voting interest. These things come out of the natives' ownership and voting shares and make the natives poorer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I recommend you listen to the replies and read the article instead of reading what you want it to read. So stop extrapolating that illegal and legal immigrants are one in the same.

Newsflash we Republicans are not against immigrants of any color as long as they immigrate legally just as we can be against racism and be against the organization BLM at the same time. BLM is a shill for a deeper darker political objective.
Lionking, I truly recommend you read the replies and the survey. If you find it difficult to comprehend, I am confident you can find someone who can explain it to you, perhaps in your native language.

I have included some excerpts of replies on this thread for you to enjoy. Be well.

Old 09-10-2020, 09:30 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,347,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
You just engaged a straw man argument.
Incorrect. I recommend you review the definition of a straw man argument, and re-read what I have written and what the survey says. Facts dear, facts.

Old 09-10-2020, 09:57 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,430,854 times
Quote:
32% of Trump supporters now recognize the important contributions of immigrants and believe immigrants strengthen our society, compared to only 19% of Trump supporters in 2016. This rise in recognition of newcomers to our country reflects a broader trend in Americans’ favorable attitude towards immigrants. For more on the survey:

https://thehill.com/latino/515886-a-...-society-study
Just be sure to distinguish between "legal" and "illegal" immigrants. Progressives seem to struggle with this.

Old 09-10-2020, 10:03 PM

2,400 posts, read 755,216 times
There’s immigrants and there’s immigrants. The Mexicans love hard work and they are mostly Catholic so have values very similar to most Americans. The Somalis.....

Old 09-10-2020, 10:06 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Immigrant contributions are important, but the polling methods would have to be analyzed as the questions could be couched to include early Americans in the "immigrant" category as well. Corrupt polling methods were obviously rampant running up to the 2016 election. Also, it is questionable if polling of Conservatives can be reliable at all in the context of massive anti-conservative street terrorism. Political intimidation is real, but is generally corrected at election time.

Back to the topic:

Immigrant contributions are important, but "important" is a very non-specific word. If such polling is going to be utilized to lecture the US population on their broader sentiments, by an instiutional collective that is already widely viewed to be corrupt, then vocabulary should be used in polling that is specific enough and in the history lectures that frames such "contributions" in both accurate and politically neutral context.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies