Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2020, 09:25 AM

30,198 posts, read 11,845,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonbaby92 View Post
Some of us know people in China. They might be lying about the case numbers but the virus is controlled, at least for now. Their government is very strict and controlling. Their solutions are not applicable in our western societies.
Not so sure. I am in a state where there are 800 new cases a day. Masks are required at most businesses and the larger cites. There is no way zipping around my state you would know if its 1 new case a day or 800. Same when I was in Arizona in July which was the world hotspot at the time. Everyone was wearing their mask, no one was freaking out like and unless you had hospital data no way to know that was the case. Which brings up all the conspiracy stuff which I am not promoting.

But someone in China with less transparency with the government and government media would have no way of knowing if its 10 cases countrywide a day or 200,000. Because the US has now what 40,000 a day and just like my Arizona example there is no way looking around the average person would know that. Most people do not know anyone at the moment that is sick with it. So if the US government said right now there are 5 cases countrywide a day and they had strict control of what the media and government officials could say I would be forced to accept that. And looking around it would seem like it was under control. Only people who would know for sure that was false would be hospital workers and some government officials.

And being that China is under immense pressure and even potential liability for likely being where the virus started showing that it can be controlled and its the other countries fault that it not controlled in their countries would be motivation to flub the numbers. So is it under control in China? If their hospitals are not overwhelmed they could have 200,000 cases a day and I suppose have it under control. Or we can believe 10 cases a day.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 09-12-2020 at 09:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2020, 09:27 AM
bu2

24,119 posts, read 14,921,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonbaby92 View Post
Some of us know people in China. They might be lying about the case numbers but the virus is controlled, at least for now. Their government is very strict and controlling. Their solutions are not applicable in our western societies.
Yes, it is under control now there. My spouse knows people there. But "might" be lying? They are definitely lying and have repeatedly lied.

Old 09-12-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
And "additional cremation staff are reported to have been imported to Wuhan, as well as 40 mobile cremation stations, which were sent into the city from outside from February 19, 2020, to cope with the increasing need for cremation."

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...-in-China.aspx

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-52194356

Thanks for the links but these stories are at least 5 months old. It does show how China is most likely lying about the numbers.

Old 09-12-2020, 09:58 AM

3,771 posts, read 1,527,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
The whole world knows this dirty virus started and prospered in China. You'll get proof soon enough on a global scale. Everyone of China's neighbors know were this filth came from because they've seen it happen dozens of times before. Its time for new supply chains. Supply chains where its governments do not encourage the theft of intellectual property which is rampant in China. The CCP does not play well with the rest of the world and is now paying the price. I feel for its people.
again, just waiting for ONE piece of evidence since you claim it's so readily accessible.
i can't find any. help a brother out buddy.

Old 09-12-2020, 10:10 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,191,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Just to say they lie and are corrupt and are draconian is not really saying anything. We all know that.
Then why are you asking?

If you remember, nobody got sick at Chernobyl until everybody got sick.

China, like the US, Britain and Russia, has a habit of lying, denying, distorting, etc.

Old 09-12-2020, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Then why are you asking?

If you remember, nobody got sick at Chernobyl until everybody got sick.

China, like the US, Britain and Russia, has a habit of lying, denying, distorting, etc.
I would not compare China and Russia to the US and UK. The latter two are not perfect but much better than the dictatorships in China and Russia. And even Russia seems to be putting out at least somewhat real numbers.

So we are back to China. I am asking because I believe if the numbers are really that low they must have a vaccine. And if they have a vaccine then how did they get it so fast. If it is simply the numbers are phony well not much you can do.

Old 09-12-2020, 10:57 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,079,869 times
Quote:
But someone in China with less transparency with the government and government media would have no way of knowing if its 10 cases countrywide a day or 200,000.
If that is the case, then why didn't they manage to hide Wuhan?

That is obviously nonsense, no one, not even North Korea, can hide a pandemic. No one can stop the images of overflowing hospitals and dead bodies. And if there is any flights from the country, then you will get caught. Wuhan could not hide it, what makes you think China can hide it.

The reality is that China got it under control with minimal deaths outside of Hubei. The deaths are probably much higher, but not anywhere close to the numbers you imagine.

Don't underestimate China, it has a strong state with high public support and a urban population that is highly educated and is willing to follow the government. Other countries like Vietnam and Thailand also managed to get it under control. If they can do it, then why can't China?

Old 09-12-2020, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastwanted View Post
Why people ignore the fact that China has implemented extremely strict quarantine and social distancing?
Why people ignore the fact that China has performed extremely thorough contact tracing?
Why people ignore the fact that China required face masks since early February?

You forgot they dragged uncooperative people from home?
You forgot they welded the door of quarantine homes?
You forgot everyone downloaded an app to report their status?

Or westerners are too proud and prejudiced to believe China can do anything better?

Thank you for your Chinese propaganda. Amazing how many Chinese and Russian nationals are posting here.

You are talking about a country that has padded their GDP for decades. Among countless lies they have told. Seems like the numbers are never good enough for the Chinese government. They have to lie about them.

France for example put in place very draconian measures and South Korea did many of the things that China did and their results were exponentially worse.

South Korea is doing 400 times worse than China. Per capita 4,100 cases a day compared to 10.

Old 09-12-2020, 05:27 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,770,534 times
China was the first country to be affected, so they are ahead of time, so to speak.
Also, they seem to have avoided the second wave, mostly because they virtually stopped international travel, which we should have done as well.
Since the new coronavirus is not the first epidemic in China, they are more experienced.
Their tracking is rigorous. I read that one can't live in China anymore without using a smartphone. You need it everywhere, even for simple things like buying groceries.

Old 09-12-2020, 05:34 PM

114 posts, read 54,824 times
Of course You cannot compare China to Us or Uk. China’s the lowest death per capita and US UK are two countries with the highest death.
Quote:
I would not compare China and Russia to the US and UK. The latter two are not perfect but much better than the dictatorships in China and Russia. And even Russia seems to be putting out at least somewhat real numbers.

So we are back to China. I am asking because I believe if the numbers are really that low they must have a vaccine. And if they have a vaccine then how did they get it so fast. If it is simply the numbers are phony well not much you can do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies