Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2020, 12:10 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,524,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Thank you for your Chinese propaganda...

The countries charted in your link are much smaller and still have many more cases per capita than China. Thank you for proving my point.

And the virus started in China.
I've asked for proof countless times here but I've never gotten it.
maybe you can buck the trend. please step up to the plate and provide the proof. CC pompeo while you're at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2020, 12:25 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,074,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
maybe you can buck the trend. please step up to the plate and provide the proof. CC pompeo while you're at it.
If the virus did not start in China, then it makes no sense that China is the epicenter.

There is a theory that the virus existed earlier, but it mutated in China to a more dangerous version. Even if that is the case, the dangerous strain of the virus started in China.

Old 09-11-2020, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
If the virus did not start in China, then it makes no sense that China is the epicenter.

There is a theory that the virus existed earlier, but it mutated in China to a more dangerous version. Even if that is the case, the dangerous strain of the virus started in China.
i don't agree with the bolded.

understand that i'm not saying that it didn't start in china, but that it has not been definitively proven.
honestly, it doesn't matter at this point other than finding out if it was malicious in nature.

Old 09-11-2020, 12:45 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
I was looking at the world-o-meters covid-19 cases around the world. Even isolated shut down countries like Australia are having trouble containing the pandemic. In fact if you compare them to China which still has a little over 80,000 cases Australia would have 1.5 million cases with the populations being equal. And lots of people say Australia is doing a good job with the pandemic.

Most countries now have at least 5,000 cases per million. The USA has 20,000 per million. China has 59 per million. India is averaging the past few days more new cases per day than China has had in total.

My question is how is this possible? Are the numbers simply fake? Are people so restricted there that the virus is not spreading? Do they have a vaccine that they are not sharing with the world?

Flights are going in and out of China. The have lifted restrictions from many countries. Yet in a world that averaging 300,000 new cases a day. China is averaging 10. China has 18% of the words population.

Some would say South Korea is doing a good job. Yes better than most. But they have been averaging 150 new cases a day which equated to 4,100 new cases if you compare them to China's population. Again China is averaging 10.

So what is really going on?
It is not easy to get a visa for China now. And those that do fly there are tested and isolated.
Some say travelers and imported foods are the only risks now in China.

But it is s no coincidence, they have all sorts of clever measures in place. Things that many Americans would probably not like as they mean a loss of privacy and freedom.

China sealed off an entire city and province early on and for quite some time, that's what saved China from a fate similar to Wuhan's. The US did not seal off NYC or NY.

Old 09-12-2020, 07:21 AM

Quote:

And the virus started in China.

Quote:

still waiting...

Old 09-12-2020, 07:50 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
Quote:
still waiting...
The whole world knows this dirty virus started and prospered in China. You'll get proof soon enough on a global scale. Everyone of China's neighbors know were this filth came from because they've seen it happen dozens of times before. Its time for new supply chains. Supply chains where its governments do not encourage the theft of intellectual property which is rampant in China. The CCP does not play well with the rest of the world and is now paying the price. I feel for its people.

Old 09-12-2020, 08:05 AM

4 posts, read 395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
They still quarantine anyone from outside the Country visiting.

They stick you in a hotel for two weeks after you land.

Within the Country you are ok.
Not only visiting, if you a are a Chinese citizen and You are coming back they also lock you up for two weeks. You have to pay for the hotel stay, not the government.

Old 09-12-2020, 08:11 AM

4 posts, read 395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
how would anyone know? China can make up anything...say anything...and there's absolutely no way to check

..and the few times they are actually caught....no one does anything about it..they get away with it anyway
Some of us know people in China. They might be lying about the case numbers but the virus is controlled, at least for now. Their government is very strict and controlling. Their solutions are not applicable in our western societies.

Old 09-12-2020, 08:21 AM

4 posts, read 395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
5. They have a rigid state control of the populace and can enforce draconian quarantine measures that wouldn't be possible elsewhere.

I still wouldn't want to live there.
This. Pick your poison people. Freedom and security are inversely proportional

Old 09-12-2020, 09:02 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
I was looking at the world-o-meters covid-19 cases around the world. Even isolated shut down countries like Australia are having trouble containing the pandemic. In fact if you compare them to China which still has a little over 80,000 cases Australia would have 1.5 million cases with the populations being equal. And lots of people say Australia is doing a good job with the pandemic.

Most countries now have at least 5,000 cases per million. The USA has 20,000 per million. China has 59 per million. India is averaging the past few days more new cases per day than China has had in total.

My question is how is this possible? Are the numbers simply fake? Are people so restricted there that the virus is not spreading? Do they have a vaccine that they are not sharing with the world?

Flights are going in and out of China. The have lifted restrictions from many countries. Yet in a world that averaging 300,000 new cases a day. China is averaging 10. China has 18% of the words population.

Some would say South Korea is doing a good job. Yes better than most. But they have been averaging 150 new cases a day which equated to 4,100 new cases if you compare them to China's population. Again China is averaging 10.

So what is really going on?
"A potentially explosive new study published on the preprint server medRxiv* in June 2020 suggests that the official Chinese statistics on COVID-19 cases or mortality are neither reliable nor credible." And "cremation numbers reveal possible suppression of true COVID-19 data in China."

"Reports from established media show that whereas the eight crematories in Wuhan operated for about 4 hours a day, on average, before the outbreak, and typically in the morning in keeping with Chinese funeral rituals, a change occurred at around January 25, 2020."

"At this point, the crematories were found to be operating almost round the clock or at about six times normal levels. If the normal daily mortality is pegged at about 136, for this population of about 9 million, the increased hours of operation would show an excess of about 680 per day above the normal or a total of about 816 deaths a day. It is to be noted that the maximal cremation capacity is reported to be up to 2,100 bodies a day."

And "additional cremation staff are reported to have been imported to Wuhan, as well as 40 mobile cremation stations, which were sent into the city from outside from February 19, 2020, to cope with the increasing need for cremation."

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...-in-China.aspx

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-52194356
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies