Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 05:31 AM

3,225 posts, read 1,605,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Gateway Pundit has the story, which is still developing

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...y-night-video/

watch as they threaten with skateboards citizens recording on their phone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=8NKd8TWVMIc

"It's a free country" - yes it is sir, yes it is
I’ve seen this now on other videos. They are definitely getting organized with people playing particular roles. I’ve seen people alerting, and calling for the “blockers” to stop filming with umbrellas and intimidation.

There is now an organization chart for demonstrations:

https://defensivetraininggroup.files...m-riot-org.jpg

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2020, 05:34 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
I’ve seen this now on other videos. They are definitely getting organized with people playing particular roles. I’ve seen people alerting, and calling for the “blockers” to stop filming with umbrellas and intimidation.

The reporter should grab that punk's skateboard and run it through the nearest wood chipper.

Old 09-15-2020, 05:36 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I really hate when people mindlessly repeat everything the guy with the bullhorn is saying. They’re so brainwashed and they don’t see it. I get uncomfortable just watching on video a thousand miles away. I would hate to be right there in the crowd. It’s creepy is what it is. I just don’t get how people are doing this crap on such a huge level. I fear for my kids’ futures.
I agree. It reminds me of a cult or religious sect reciting a creed. Their 'saints and martyrs' are George Floyd, Jacob Blake... They have shrines and candles...and even proselytizing. It's all very cultic---very different from civil rights movements of the past.

The religious/cultic nature of this is a big story, except no one is really covering it, except in some conservative circles.

My theory is people are doing this on such a large level because it fills the vacuum left by religion, as society has become more secular. And it also fills the vacuum left by Covid restrictions. People aren't allowed to gather in large groups for any other reason .

Old 09-15-2020, 05:45 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,134 times
Once again, we have people taking over roads without permits. This is illegal. Does anyone even care anymore?

They just occupy roads. It's unreal.

And if they are getting permits for this stuff, they need to immediately open up ALL outdoor group activities. Sports, concerts, parades, everything.

Old 09-15-2020, 05:53 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
DC votes 90%+ Democrat, so I don't pity the libs getting harassed. They asked for it.
This is the truth.
You don’t see this happening in Idaho, Montana, North/South Dakota.....

Old 09-15-2020, 05:56 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I really hate when people mindlessly repeat everything the guy with the bullhorn is saying. They’re so brainwashed and they don’t see it. I get uncomfortable just watching on video a thousand miles away. I would hate to be right there in the crowd. It’s creepy is what it is. I just don’t get how people are doing this crap on such a huge level. I fear for my kids’ futures.
This is the consequence of democrats controlling our education system for decades now....
The mindless liberal indoctrination from K—college....

Old 09-15-2020, 06:03 AM

3,225 posts, read 1,605,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
I agree. It reminds me of a cult or religious sect reciting a creed. Their 'saints and martyrs' are George Floyd, Jacob Blake... They have shrines and candles...and even proselytizing. It's all very cultic---very different from civil rights movements of the past.

The religious/cultic nature of this is a big story, except no one is really covering it, except in some conservative circles.

My theory is people are doing this on such a large level because it fills the vacuum left by religion, as society has become more secular. And it also fills the vacuum left by Covid restrictions. People aren't allowed to gather in large groups for any other reason .
I agree, there is a big vacuum.

When I was a kid, we recited many “creeds”.

The Pledge of Allegiance everyday in school.

The Boy Scout Oath.

The Our Father prayer.

These are the kinds of words that molded us when I was a kid.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:19 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Once again, we have people taking over roads without permits. This is illegal. Does anyone even care anymore?

They just occupy roads. It's unreal.

And if they are getting permits for this stuff, they need to immediately open up ALL outdoor group activities. Sports, concerts, parades, everything.
This ....exactly. They keep getting away with it and will continue to push the boundaries.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:22 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
This is the consequence of democrats controlling our education system for decades now....
The mindless liberal indoctrination from K—college....
That and a few generations of kids that lacked solid parenting. This is the result when a parent acts like a friend, never tells the kid no, and never teaches the kid there are consequences to their actions.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:24 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,693,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post

That's ****ed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies