Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2020, 09:00 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,102,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingItEasy View Post
Now he's dividing the COVID death states by political parties. Disgusting human-being.

"if you take the blue states out, we're at a level I don't think anybody in the world would be at."

https://twitter.com/AmerIndependent/...43848680054784

No **** Sherlock, the country's most densely populated areas of the country are blue states. That you would politicize our death rates is despicable.

Trump blames 'blue states' for increasing nation's coronavirus death rates, ignores high rates in red states

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...es/5819120002/
Why did Blue state governors shove Covid patients into nursing homes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2020, 09:05 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times
Quote:
Now he's dividing the COVID death states by political parties. Disgusting human-being.

"if you take the blue states out, we're at a level I don't think anybody in the world would be at."
No, that's just pointing out who is to blame for poor COVID responses in different parts of the country. It's not entirely a red vs blue scenario, California did a really good job and they are incredibly blue.

With our mentally ill friends on the left attempting to blame the president for the incompetence of New York and other states that were pathetic failures when it comes to COVID response, it's important to point those fingers back at who is really to blame.

The president is not a dictator, the state and local governments are who are responsible for COVID response. If they did a good job, they deserve the credit, if they were pathetic failures like Cuomo and De Blasio, they deserve the blame.

Old 09-17-2020, 05:10 PM

7,496 posts, read 7,183,071 times
Such a divider...

Quote:

https://twitter.com/AmerIndependent/...43848680054784

No **** Sherlock, the country's most densely populated areas of the country are blue states. That you would politicize our death rates is despicable.

Trump blames 'blue states' for increasing nation's coronavirus death rates, ignores high rates in red states

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...es/5819120002/

Old 09-17-2020, 05:20 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,617,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Absolutely pathetic. Nearly 200,000 people have died due to this mentality.
Isn't it cute how the leftists fanatics on the board keep trying to fool people into believing that if anyone else had been President, NO Americans would have died from Covid?

Particularly that, if any of the people who castigated Trump for banning travel from China, and for banning travel from many European countries, and who called him "racist" and "xenophobic" and twenty other names, would have done anything more effective if they were on the hot seat? Or done anything at all after calling Trump all the usual names for what he did?

The futility and mendacity of these Trump-haters has to be seen to be believed.

Old 09-17-2020, 06:34 PM

13,657 posts, read 9,720,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Endgame?

How about a pregame as the president never came up with a plan to begin with. And to this day it still does not have one.

The truth has now come out that he knew it was a major threat all along but did everything in his power to diminish it and ignore it..

Promised anyone who wants a test will get a test well that didn't go over it all well.
Even if we stipulate that we’re being led by knaves and fools – not a hyperbolic exaggeration, regardless of our party-affiliation – it remains to ascertain, as to what’s a credible end-game. To blame politicians and to hurl invectives, certainly feels great! I do it too. Lots of cathartic value there. But… then what?

Let’s suppose for argument’s sake that the US really screwed it up. Following Ronald Reagan, we’ll deadpan that “mistakes were made”, in smarmy passive voice. OK, so how do we compensate for said mistakes? What’s to be done now, on the 17th of September, 2020? Do we have a plan for (1) reopening schools and businesses, (2) getting a vaccine through testing and into mass-production, (3) offering protection to the people who feel most vulnerable, and (4) offering some kind of ameliorative economic aid to the people whose lives were upended by the shutdown?

What worries me, is that the masking-and-distancing mantra is all that we have. The collective hope seems to be to mask-and-distance our way out of the crisis. Well, I ask: is this realistic?

My posting history can be reduced to a very simple, practical question: when will my gym reopen? If a political candidate, for any office, were to ask me, as to what I'd like to know about said candidate's policy, I would reply, without hesitation: "Sir/Madam, what is your plan for reopening my gym"?

Old 09-17-2020, 07:06 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Something more COULD be done.

Vote Blue for President, US Senate, US Representative, Governor, state and local elections.
Vote blue?

No, thanks. I want what is best for my country and it sure isn't "blue!"

Old 09-20-2020, 04:10 AM

Should have been done to save the lives of nearly 200,000 people.

We now know he knew it was a major threat, didn’t want to shake the hands of his supporters, and solely concerned about his re-election while the country suffers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Something more COULD be done.

Vote Blue for President, US Senate, US Representative, Governor, state and local elections.

Old 09-21-2020, 03:41 PM

1,131 posts, read 387,790 times
"Wrong man for the job"....Woodward.

Many of us knew this back in 2015/16. Listening to Woodward now (CNN interview) and can't believe how much I agree w/ everything he's say - particularly discussion on Trump's meltdowns, poor display of leadership (ie firing Tillerson). Pretty shameful behavior by the leader you expect to carry/demonstrate American values.

Interesting if you could turn back the clock and Clinton won. Would she be looking at an easy win for a 2nd term? Or would the GOP have put up a strong opponent.

Wonder how she would have handled the pandemic -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIosItdFLrk

Old 09-23-2020, 05:00 PM

What is funny is how Trump supporters keep saying that everyone else thinks that anyone else besides him would’ve been president, would have been no deaths due to Covid.

From what people are saying is have there been someone else in the White House at least there would’ve been a leader providing direction for the country instead of saying it was a hoax, I did everything I can, knew all along it was a major disaster but chose to hide it.

Do something, not nothing.

Quote:
"Wrong man for the job"....Woodward.

Many of us knew this back in 2015/16. Listening to Woodward now (CNN interview) and can't believe how much I agree w/ everything he's say - particularly discussion on Trump's meltdowns, poor display of leadership (ie firing Tillerson). Pretty shameful behavior by the leader you expect to carry/demonstrate American values.

Interesting if you could turn back the clock and Clinton won. Would she be looking at an easy win for a 2nd term? Or would the GOP have put up a strong opponent.

Wonder how she would have handled the pandemic -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIosItdFLrk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies