Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2020, 06:10 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times

Advertisements

Something more COULD be done.

Vote Blue for President, US Senate, US Representative, Governor, state and local elections.

Last edited by sware2cod; 09-14-2020 at 06:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2020, 06:43 PM

1,131 posts, read 387,386 times
"Nothing could be done".....meanwhile he continues to have super-spreader events, now indoors against the recommendations of his experts and his own staff. These events end up spreading the virus throughout the region.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/14/u...ump-rally.html

Old 09-14-2020, 07:23 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Something more COULD be done.

Vote Blue for President, US Senate, US Representative, Governor, state and local elections.
What would they have done?

What is Biden’s plan other than lock us all down again?

Old 09-14-2020, 07:32 PM

7,493 posts, read 7,176,530 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZxp...ature=youtu.be

Do a google search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Seriously?

I tell you I can roll up to my local pharmacy and get a test in the drive thru and you tell me Trump hasnt delivered testing?

What is wrong with you?

Old 09-14-2020, 07:40 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Endgame?

How about a pregame as the president never came up with a plan to begin with. And to this day it still does not have one.

The truth has now come out that he knew it was a major threat all along but did everything in his power to diminish it and ignore it..

Promised anyone who wants a test will get a test well that didn't go over it all well.
What’s your brilliant idea?

Old 09-15-2020, 05:33 AM

1,131 posts, read 387,386 times
Nothing more could have been done? How about those UV lights and disinfectant? Yeah yeah, I know more than the scientists/doctors/generals/police......and only I can fix it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfLZOkn0chc

Old 09-15-2020, 05:57 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,758,571 times
Quote:

When push comes to shove he's not going to be there to save you and you better protect yourself now before it's too late.

4 years of broken promises it still hasn't set in?
Would be nice if more people had such a grounded and realistic view of government.
No president is going to save anybody in this situation.
Good luck getting 328 million Americans to wear masks, wash their hands, and lock themselves up for months on end.
Seriously, just think about that for a minute.
Would any more lives at all whatsoever been "saved" under another president? Good grief no.

As for "4 years of broken promises", name one guy who's been in the Oval Office that doesn't describe. I can't think of any in my lifetime.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:05 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,348,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
What exactly is the endgame with Covid?

U ntil there are no cases anymore?

until a vaccine? What if the vaccine isn't 100% effective? What if not everyone can take it? How do public places know who has taken the vaccine or not?

do some want the COVID way of living to be a permanent normal?

is this the end of in person schools, colleges, bars, gyms, movie theaters, audiences at sporting events, concerts etc? Are small businesses screwed?

When did “flattening the curve” turn into “have no infections and deaths” which is likely only possible with permanent, perpetual lockdowns?
Vaccines don’t have to be 100 percent effective. They have to be effective enough to prevent uncontrolled outbreaks, and that requires *some* level of effectiveness based on the infectivity of the disease.

Would love to see it eradicated. But we don’t yet know if reinfection is possible. If it is a vaccine is probably our best hope of controlling it.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:09 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/14/polit...ll/index.html?

"On August 14, the coronavirus pandemic was on fire in the US. More than 168,000 Americans had died, with more than 1,300 deaths that day alone. But when President Donald Trump called legendary journalist Bob Woodward, it was to find out one thing: He had recently learned that Woodward's new book "Rage" was done and would be coming out in September, and Trump wanted to find out how he'd be portrayed.

It was their 19th conversation, following 18 interviews that formed a key component of Woodward's book. Trump had privately told Woodward in February he knew critical details about how deadly the virus was, and in March admitted he was playing it down."
In response to holding indoor rallies in Nevada and Arizona, Trump said “ I’m on the stage and it’s very far away”.

Key word” “I”.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:10 AM

3,771 posts, read 1,524,054 times
Quote:
Absolutely pathetic. Nearly 200,000 people have died due to this mentality.

"Trump finally asked: "So you think the virus totally supersedes the economy?"

"Oh sure. But they're related, as you know," Woodward responded.

"A little bit, yeah," Trump replied.

"Oh, a little bit?" Woodward asked.

"I mean, more than a little bit. But the economy is doing -- look, we're close to a new stock market record," Trump said."
Trump put the economy and stock market (and ultimately his re-election bid) over the health and safety of Americans.
Once again, trump first, America second, maybe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies