Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 12:24 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,613,748 times

Advertisements

What excuse(s) will the American Left use this time, to condemn the peace treaties between Bahrain & UAE, and Israel?

1.) Trump did it, so it must automatically be bad.
2.) Every country or group that signs on to the treaty, will soon renege and go to war against Israel.
3.) Israel will take advantage of the treaty to wait until the signatories let their guard down, then Israel will attack them.
4.) Peace in the ME is none of the US's business, so Trump should stop negotiating such treaties.
5.) Now that no one is mad at Israel any more, we should stop giving them military and/or foreign aid immediately and permanently.
6.) Peace with Israel happened only after Trump left the "Palestinian" government out of the negotiations. That's not fair to the "Palestinian" government, so we should abrogate the treaties immediately.
7.) Other (explain in your post).

Old 09-15-2020, 12:36 PM

10,483 posts, read 7,005,412 times
This peace deal is just the start to everything written in Biblical Prophecy and the timelines match.

Old 09-15-2020, 12:38 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
What excuse(s) will the American Left use this time, to condemn the peace treaties between Bahrain & UAE, and Israel?

1.) Trump did it, so it must automatically be bad.
2.) Every country or group that signs on to the treaty, will soon renege and go to war against Israel.
3.) Israel will take advantage of the treaty to wait until the signatories let their guard down, then Israel will attack them.
4.) Peace in the ME is none of the US's business, so Trump should stop negotiating such treaties.
5.) Now that no one is mad at Israel any more, we should stop giving them military and/or foreign aid immediately and permanently.
6.) Peace with Israel happened only after Trump left the "Palestinian" government out of the negotiations. That's not fair to the "Palestinian" government, so we should abrogate the treaties immediately.
7.) Other (explain in your post).
Pelosi is calling it Trump’s “distraction.”

Old 09-15-2020, 12:38 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
nancy pelosi - while this event was going on was yapping something negative about this.

Old 09-15-2020, 12:48 PM

1,742 posts, read 959,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Much to do about, well, frankly, not very much. 'Tis an election year, so that's to be expected.
You know, it is possible to acknowledge a positive accomplishment made by a politician who you don’t support. I thought Obama was a mediocre president at best, but I thought his visit to Cuba and establishing diplomatic relations was a great accomplishment. Something that no Democrat or Republican even contemplated for 40 plus years. I give him a lot of credit for it.

Bahrain and the UAE ( with other Arab/Muslim nations probably to follow) Establishing relations with Israel is a big deal and a very positive step. I give Trump credit for it.

Old 09-15-2020, 01:11 PM

10,483 posts, read 7,005,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
I thought Obama was a mediocre president at best, but I thought his visit to Cuba and establishing diplomatic relations was a great accomplishment. Something that no Democrat or Republican even contemplated for 40 plus years. I give him a lot of credit for it.
It was slap in the face to every Cuban American and was a plunder. The Cuban population voted against Hillary and Obama responded with removing "Wet foot, Dry Foot" policy as a cynical retaliation.

Old 09-15-2020, 01:28 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
This is unarguably a good thing, but why do people keep calling it a "peace" deal?

Old 09-15-2020, 05:29 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
Ok.

Well, seems like more important people than you who live in the region think otherwise. So... thanks, I guess, for your hot take on how about 100 million people in the region are affected by these agreements and normalization of economic and diplomatic ties in the region.
Tell you what....

Get a peace deal between the Saudis, Israelis and Iranians, and THEN I might be impressed. End the war in Yemen, and I might be impressed. Get out of Afghanistan, and I might be impressed. End the war in Syria, and I might be impressed. Or at a minimum, get the Israelis from always trying to get us in a war with Iran, and I might be impressed.

But for now, meh. Trump ain’t done squat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
DD, The Middle East is always fundamentally in a stale mate, (I'm assuming) we basically all recognize that.. but to me the perspective on these agreements should be, are they net positives, or negatives, toward cooperation/peace, no matter how small (?)

And the problem is that question can't be contemplated by a lot of the American public bcuz these deals are being obfuscated by media outlets hostile to Trump. U say this deal is overhyped (?) By which (so called) mainstream media outlets (?) Which ones are hyping Trump as a celebrated peace maker ? NBC news is cynically using the word peace in quotes, like they're Dr Evil describing a laser.. peace
Meh...I’m just not impressed.

When he killed Soleimani, he got lucky that all hell didn’t break loose. His willingness to placate the Saudis is also a tragedy. Their killing and dismemberment of that journalist is a scandal in my book. And the way Trump tried to attenuate the very evilness of his murder is shameful.

And that’s not even taking into account our help in destroying the nation of Yemen and openly lying while blaming the Iranians for an attack on a ship that they had nothing to do with at the behest of the Israelis.

It’s a miracle that we haven’t tripped into another war.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Only Shia might believe that. Mostly Shia outside of Persia.
I’m Arizona Shia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
This is unarguably a good thing, but why do people keep calling it a "peace" deal?
Sounds better.

Old 09-15-2020, 07:19 PM

35,071 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Overhyped. The Middle East situation is basically static.

And killing Soleimani didn’t do anything of note. Yes, he was capable, but Iran has dozens of capable military men and Intel officers. The United States isn’t capable of crippling Iran’s ability to do anything that they’ve been doing. Anyone believing otherwise is prime to be suckered by hubris.

I know better.
Desertdetroiter, I always loved your sense of humor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
If Saudi Arabia signs an agreement, then we may actually see Middle East peace in our lifetimes.

Trump did this. Not Obama. Not Biden. Not Hillary.

Trump. The salty tears of leftists and Democrats taste so delicious.
I have only one small quibble; Saudi Arabia will operate almost full diplomatic relations through Emirati and Bahriainian embassies' interest sections. The reason that this is normalization in all but name is KSA's allowing Israel to overfly their territory. That overflight right will also drastically simplify Israeli flights to targets in Iran. This could get very interesting.

Old 09-15-2020, 07:31 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Obama/Biden plan was to try and bring Iran into normal relations but many countries in the middle east were or are uneasy and not trusting of Iran.

Trump took a different approach and alienated Iran which eased the minds of other countries in the region which has led to this peace plan.

Now the question is, if Biden/Harris get elected will they continue what Trump has set in motion or disregard it and go back to their proposed foreign relations attempt with Iran?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies