Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Trump seat a new SCOTUS justice?
Yes, before the election 200 61.73%
Yes, but after the election (win or lose) 73 22.53%
No, he will lose the election or the senate and won't get his choice seated 51 15.74%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2020, 10:54 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,537,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Classic Trump to suggest Ginsburg last wish is a lie. Shame on him.

“My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed,” - Ginsburg

You mean only Dem Senate needs to fulfill their Constitutional duties, and GOP does not? That sounds like a WH argument. Did Trump say that? The press sec maybe?
It's very hard to believe that the last dying wish of RBG would be a repudiation of her strongly held view on the topic. Why would she have a deathbed conversion? Based on what we know of her, it just doesn't make sense.

Note the quote posted by Axxlrod if you are confused. RBG will clear it up for you.

Old 09-21-2020, 10:58 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,156,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
It's very hard to believe that the last dying wish of RBG would be a repudiation of her strongly held view on the topic. Why would she have a deathbed conversion? Based on what we know of her, it just doesn't make sense.

Note the quote posted by Axxlrod if you are confused. RBG will clear it up for you.

It wasn't her last words. From what i read it was dictated to her granddaughter around 3 weeks ago. Maybe she realized that her legacy would be undone as result of who Trump got nominated.

Old 09-21-2020, 11:00 PM

8,964 posts, read 2,574,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
It wasn't her last words. From what i read it was dictated to her granddaughter around 3 weeks ago. Maybe she realized that her legacy would be undone as result of who Trump got nominated.
We can only hope that her legacy of judicial activism is entirely wiped out.

Old 09-21-2020, 11:22 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,975,967 times
Quote:
Who told you that? You have as much proof that she didn't say that as I did that she did.

Old 09-21-2020, 11:31 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,975,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Not exactly what happened. Not really.

The Democrats were looking to nominate a young and energentic candidate. Kamala Harris was their girl for sure ... until Tulsi Gabbard truth bombed her into oblivion. The "chosen one" status bounced around a bit. Elizabeth Warren, Pete Buttigieg, a few others. But then it became clear that Bernie Sanders while the less extreme Democrats were screwing around, Bernie Sanders was running away with the nomination. For this reason and this reason alone, the rest of the Democrats combined forces. Joe Biden finally won a state: South Carolina. That was good enough. Everyone immediately dropped out and endorsed Joe Biden.

Biden is the guy they ended up with because the Democrats were hell bent on stopping Sanders more than anything else.
Kinda. The field was largely too big as the 2016 Republican primary was. Mayor Pete won early and could have been a force but then died off after the Iowa Caucus victory. Harris didn't even make primaries as she ran out of fundraising money in Decemeber. Tulsi I dont know what to make of her since she is a Trump of the left with how she handles things. There are a number of things with her that I don't like and some I cannot quite put my finger on. Mayor Bloomberg didn't jump into late. Warren was strong but I think she lost most of her power with giving into the Pocahontas crap.

Old 09-21-2020, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Who told you that? You have as much proof that she didn't say that as I did that she did.

" In the days before her death, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dictated a statement to her granddaughter that focused on her desires. “My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed," Ginsburg said to her granddaughter Clara Spera, according to NPR."
https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/n...f-51db47399486

It wasn't her last words.

Old 09-21-2020, 11:47 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,858,351 times
WATCH: RBG Condemned What Many Democrats Are Now Suggesting For The Supreme Court (VIDEO)

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...e-court-video/

Old 09-21-2020, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Of course it wasn't her last words or dying wish, that's just more nonsense from the Dems.

But the point stands. Why would RBG have this deathbed conversion? From what we are told of her, I would be surprised if hubris overrode the constitution and her life long and clearly stated values.

Old 09-21-2020, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Of course it wasn't her last words or dying wish, that's just more nonsense from the Dems.

But the point stands. Why would RBG have this deathbed conversion? From what we are told of her, I would be surprised if hubris overrode the constitution and her life long and clearly stated values.

She was talking to her granddaughter, i would assume that grandmother would talk to granddaughter knowing soon she will die. It's also possible her granddaughter asked if she had a wish or anything and that is what she said.

Old 09-22-2020, 12:03 AM

Quote:
She was talking to her granddaughter, i would assume that grandmother would talk to granddaughter knowing soon she will die. It's also possible her granddaughter asked if she had a wish or anything and that is what she said.
Look I'm sure it happened. My point is simply to highlight the hypocrisy of her view relative to previous statements by her. Clearly she was hubristic like the politicians.

But the reality is her wishes or preferences are completely irrelevant and rendered even less relevant given she is no better than the politicians of both persuasions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies