Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2020, 10:33 PM

6,752 posts, read 3,370,331 times

Advertisements

The Democrats are going to look awfully bad if they fight back on either of these two well-qualified women.

The President has every right, legally and constitutionally, to make a SC nominee. The Dems don't have a leg to stand on in opposing this.

They can whine, cry, pout, and do everything they always do, including losing the argument and making fools of themselves. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2020, 11:54 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Corporations are not We The People..
And actually the city, state and US are all corporations, and running under corporate maritime law.
They have to allege you too are a corporation, by your Capitalized name, to have jurisdiction.
In English please. I am not fluent gibberish.

Old 09-21-2020, 08:28 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
I wouldn't exactly give up hope on Barrett just yet, BentBow. Lagoa is decent, but there are questions about her views on abortion that make things iffy. In my opinion, Barrett's the better pick. Now, let's just see how quickly we can get through this.
Well, Feinstein really grilled Barrett about it already and round #2 could be brutal, with gottcha's.
No matter who gets the nod, the grilling on abortion from the Marxist, is going to be the main focus.

Old 09-21-2020, 08:41 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
You are not coherent in english either.
The first sentence answered your question.
Part 2 was a short summary how it happened.

The USA has been operating under corporate maritime law for sometime now.
The Civil and Criminal courts have not used Constitutional Law for over 100 years.
The corporate structure has protected them from accountability. Barrett will keep that protected.

By using the CAPITALIZED version of your name in legal circles, on legal documents, alleges you too are a corporation. Why? because it is the ONLY WAY your servants can allege jurisdiction over your person "on equal ground"
Your servants have no jurisdiction over your person, unless you threaten, harm, or take... Life, Liberty, or Property.
When an actual crime has been committed, the documents will have your appellate Christian name, with Both Capital and lower cased letters. The State will also be named with Capital and lower cased letters on the documents, of alleged crime.

Amy Barrett supports this.
It is bad for liberties and how government takes them by deceiving the people.

Old 09-21-2020, 08:50 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,194,294 times
I think you go with Lagoa. See if the republican moderates will put their hatred of Trump aside and vote for a moderate, hispanic woman whos already been vetted. Save Amy for if Lagoa is blocked by moderates and Trump wins reelection.

Lagoa is the daughter of exiled cubans who fled Castro, would be a great story and pick for the court. Plus she would mostly avoid the focus on abortion that Amy, a staunch catholic, would bring.

Old 09-21-2020, 09:03 AM

8,767 posts, read 5,059,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
A new language....called Joe Biden.

Old 09-21-2020, 09:28 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
The lady from Florida, with Cuban heritage will.
Lagoa, I think her name is.

If he picks Barrett, Trump will have 8 judges trying to figure out a contested election.

Think about it politically too.
Florida,
Cuban Heritage(Latino)
Woman.
No one knows who Lagoa is, and she's not going to add any Cuban votes to the ones already on board in Florida. There's no reason to count on her to be conservative ion the bench, wither.

She would be a terrible, desperate choice. I can't say I like Barrett much, either.

Old 09-21-2020, 09:34 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
The USA has been operating under corporate maritime law for sometime now.
The Civil and Criminal courts have not used Constitutional Law for over 100 years.
The corporate structure has protected them from accountability. Barrett will keep that protected.
You've done the impossible. You've put me and mkpunk on the same side of an issue. What are you talking about?

Old 09-21-2020, 09:45 AM

25,738 posts, read 12,824,670 times
I agree with the OP that Judge Barbara Logoa would be better. She has more experience, and breezed through her last confirmation hearing.

If its Barrett, and the Dems bring up her Catholisism, I'd reply....John F. Kennedy!

Old 09-21-2020, 10:48 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,704,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I agree with the OP that Judge Barbara Logoa would be better. She has more experience, and breezed through her last confirmation hearing.

If its Barrett, and the Dems bring up her Catholisism, I'd reply....John F. Kennedy!

Logoa is also Catholic.

I considering myself a moderate, middle of the road voter although I've already said there is no way I am voting for Trump this year. That said, I would be very happy with Logoa. While still right wing, she seems more moderate than Barrett and to me, that means more even keeled. I hope Logoa gets the nomination. I still think they should wait until after the election to have the hearings though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies