Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2020, 06:24 AM

68,349 posts, read 54,490,349 times

Advertisements

Those on the Mayflower came seeking freedom from intrusive government so it's unlikely the GOP which continuously seeks to insert government control into peoples' personal medical decisions and their bedrooms will celebrate such troublemakers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2020, 06:37 AM

7,816 posts, read 6,403,560 times
They’ll complain that it offends the injuns.

Old 09-21-2020, 06:42 AM

3,750 posts, read 1,448,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Modern Philosopher View Post
That day will face similar consequences such as Columbus Day, George Washington's Birthday etc

Although not officially connected, the BLM movement is philosophically ties with the 1619 project. Right now the BLM is winning the narrative, you cannot disagree, the media, Hollywood, Sports Entertainment all agree with BLM. Of I almost forgot, the tech companies agree with BLM as well. The Tech companies dictate our culture now.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_1619_Project
What bewilders me about the Anglo Saxon race and Anglo Saxon mindset of thinking and this idea of moral purity. The mayflower and the pilgrims were moralist and wanted to separate from the church of England due to its catholic past. This mindset of moral purity has never left Anglo Saxon thought process and remains the hallmark of Anglo Saxon thinking no matter one goes in the Anglo Saxon world. This moral purity seems to be a big problem in Anglo Saxon nations and can tear apart the Anglo nation state at the seems. With that said.

The thinking of the pilgrims and later the religion that developed out of the pilgrims known as puritanism is no different than those who follow Antiracism and blm. These people want to do away with America due to its racist past. It's just like how the pilgrims want to do away with England due to its catholic past. If I was BLM or an anti racist. I would thank the mayflower and the puritans for flowering America with the idea moral unforgivness and reckoning.

Being accused of being a racist now is no different than being accused as a witch 400 years ago in salem.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayflower

How the way the puritans think is no different than BLM and anti racist. This is the hallmark of Anglo Saxon thinking.

Last edited by Checkmarkblue; 09-21-2020 at 07:04 AM..

Old 09-21-2020, 07:35 AM

24,547 posts, read 17,297,674 times
I don't know what that modern sleek autonomous vessel has to do with the original Mayflower and the Pilgrims in 1620 but the Virus has shut everything down. I live in Mass. and people have been planning the 400 year celebration of the landing for years now and the plans all sank thanks to the virus.

I don't know what the Pilgrims have to do with racism but some idiot tossed paint on to Plymouth Rock a few weeks back.

If you are so angry about racism, slavery and the white man stealing America from the Red man then you are free to leave the country. We should put together a Mayflower 3 that will take people back to Europe.

Old 09-21-2020, 07:39 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,533,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
There were no slaves on the Mayflower.
You are right. But there destination was Virginia which had introduced slavery the year before. They were blown off course.

At this time in VA, slavery was in its infancy. It was more inline with indentured for life. It took several decades for it to become a race based hereditary system passed from mother to child (status usually followed the father in English common law). While there were some slave laws introduced in VA prior to 1662, that year marks the start of hereditary slavery based on the mother's status. Slavery in England was reintroduced during the reign of Edward VI, but the slave status had a limited number of years until manumission and was not hereditary, so the idea would have not seemed to unusual.

Statute making slavery hereditary:

LAWS OF VIRGINIA, DECEMBER, 1662 −−− 14th CHARLES II.

ACT XII.

WHEREAS some doubts have arrisen whether children got by any Englishman upon a negro woman should be slave or ffree, Be it therefore enacted and declared by this present grand assembly, that all children borne in this country shalbe held bond or free only according to the condition of the mother, And that if any christian shall committ ffornication with a negro man or woman, hee or shee soe offending shall pay double the ffines imposed by the former act.
Children to be bond or free, according to the condit'n of their mother.

Last edited by webster; 09-21-2020 at 07:54 AM..

Old 09-21-2020, 07:49 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,712,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
On the 11th November 1620, the Mayflower dropped anchor near the tip of Cape Cod.

Will the US be celebrating the Mayflower's 400th Anniversary or will the left condemn the Mayflower, as part of it's BLM agenda.
It (or the first harvest) is celebrated in form of Thanksgiving every year by all Americans. There is no separate celebration for 'dropping of the anchor'.

I never heard anyone oppose it as a part of any agenda. Why are you trying to politicize it?

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 09-21-2020 at 08:13 AM..

Old 09-21-2020, 08:23 AM

3,750 posts, read 1,448,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I don't know what that modern sleek autonomous vessel has to do with the original Mayflower and the Pilgrims in 1620 but the Virus has shut everything down. I live in Mass. and people have been planning the 400 year celebration of the landing for years now and the plans all sank thanks to the virus.

I don't know what the Pilgrims have to do with racism but some idiot tossed paint on to Plymouth Rock a few weeks back.

If you are so angry about racism, slavery and the white man stealing America from the Red man then you are free to leave the country. We should put together a Mayflower 3 that will take people back to Europe.
The only thing that the pilgrims who are puritans have in common with today anti racist is their mind frame of thinking about historic wrongs and thus people should be punished. BLM and puritans have identical thinking mindframe.

Old 09-21-2020, 08:26 AM

27,246 posts, read 13,534,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It (or the first harvest) is celebrated in form of Thanksgiving every year by all Americans. There is no separate celebration for 'dropping of the anchor'.

I never heard anyone oppose it as a part of any agenda. Why are you trying to politicize it?
I am not politicising it, it's the left who have started politicising US history from Columbus onwards, and this no doubt includes the Mayflower.

The 400th Anniversary is being celebrated in the UK with various events, a new autonomous vessel that will make the historic journey, and various art work.

Old 09-21-2020, 11:40 AM

7,031 posts, read 2,733,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
There were no slaves on the Mayflower.
True, I was referring to the history of how some made their way to this country.

Old 09-21-2020, 12:06 PM
bu2

24,116 posts, read 14,931,907 times
I wonder if Pelosi and Biden will? They both celebrated the 200th anniversary!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies