Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 07:30 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
https://www.citizenfreepress.com/bre...-today-report/ Well libs it is over for you! Keep crying!
Gotta do it- it would be worth it just to watch all the liberal heads explode. Also, we would be able to see images of all the liberal cities in flames from space. Think about what a beautiful picture that would be.

All the smoke from the burning cities would blot out the sun and cause global cooling so all the loons can stop worrying about "global warming".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2020, 07:47 PM

15,847 posts, read 6,547,612 times
What I'd like to know is whether she will work to uphold the First Amendment.

Old 09-22-2020, 08:21 PM

34,059 posts, read 17,081,326 times
McConnell has been a superb strategist.

He'll be 3-3 on SC the last 3.5 years despite liberal witch hunt tactics.

Last edited by BobNJ1960; 09-22-2020 at 08:29 PM..

Old 09-22-2020, 08:23 PM

35,075 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Yes, we appreciated his vote with the liberal judges back in 2018.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ng-case-845056

And again in 2019.
https://www.npr.org/2019/05/13/72283...beral-justices

Pleasantly surprised.
I agree it shows that he can vote based on the law rather than politics. I should point out that it is common, with a 5-4 or 6-3 case vote, to assign the opinion to a justice who is "on the fence" both to protect the vote for the decision and to add legitimacy.

Old 09-22-2020, 08:25 PM

35,075 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
We can only hope that is true, and the Democrats turn the contest into enough of a dumpster fire to kill themselves at the polls.
You mentioned in another thread you were loyal to your “beloved Democratic Party?â€

See, it’s posts like the above that make me skeptical of that statement.
I told you that my party is "beloved" to me. When they created another "dumpster fire", the Kavanaugh contest, I lost respect for many people, though not the party.

Old 09-22-2020, 08:48 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
This. Quoted for truth.

The same stupid game gets played every time there's even a modicum of controversy over a SCOTUS pick. The Democrats and Republicans will both pretend to be upholding some high minded principles that are written in the stars and throw a huge tantrum if they don't get their way. They're all a bunch of lying hypocritical bastages, which is clearly demonstrated by one simple fact: Both parties are making exactly the opposite argument from the one they made in 2016.

Most Republican Senators hail from red states where the voter base is screaming, "Get it done and get it done now!!" If they fail to deliver, they won't even get a chance for reelection. They'll get replaced in the primaries by some Republican who tells the voters, "I wouldn't have been a coward!! I'd have voted to confirm!!" The GOP might also break faith and refuse campaign funding to a Republican Senator refusing to confirm. And all of that looks exactly the same on the Democrat side if the positions were reversed.

Voting "No" on this would be political suicide for any Republican Senator.

That's just how the game works.

Yep, I guess these republican senators will lose their seat in blue states. And Lindsay Graham should have kept his word about not nominating a court member during an election year. Instead he's showing his weakness by pandering to Trump. He is neck and neck with his democratic opponent. This race will be interesting.

Old 09-22-2020, 09:14 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,299,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Yep, I guess these republican senators will lose their seat in blue states. And Lindsay Graham should have kept his word about not nominating a court member during an election year. Instead he's showing his weakness by pandering to Trump. He is neck and neck with his democratic opponent. This race will be interesting.
Graham will win his seat easily. Stop listening to left wing media!

Old 09-22-2020, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Just 34% polled by Quinnipiac were Republicans. SC voters have been 41-46% registered Republican for decades.

As a Ct native, Quinnipiac embarrasses me. This huge gap between reality and their chosen sample occurs all the time with them.

Old 09-22-2020, 09:34 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
I listen to local news and read articles from many different sources both right and left. Graham won't win easily and he knows that. That's why he was calling on his opponent to release his tax returns for the last 7 years. Funny thing is that he doesn't think Trump should release his. What a hypocrite.

Old 09-22-2020, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I listen to local news and read articles from many different sources both right and left. Graham won't win easily and he knows that. That's why he was calling on his opponent to release his tax returns for the last 7 years. Funny thing is that he doesn't think Trump should release his. What a hypocrite.

Graham will win by close to 10%.

All the more reputable polls before Quinnipiac have the race solidly for him, outside the margin of error.

Quinnipiac does a lousy job polling all the time. Had amongst worst record in 2016 of all polls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies