Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 07:53 AM

956 posts, read 1,207,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Yep..... New York state is only blue because of NYC.

Upstate is definitely more red.

NYC is basically a vampire on upstate.

They take their water and send them their garbage.....
No it's not. All of the cities in New York State are blue. If NYC was taken out...the state will still be learn Democrat maybe toss up. It will not be red.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2020, 07:56 AM

2,911 posts, read 1,359,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHudson View Post
No it's not. All of the cities in New York State are blue. If NYC was taken out...the state will still be learn Democrat maybe toss up. It will not be red.
And, New York knows Trump, really knows him, unlike the rest of the U.S. who only know the "reality" TV star. Even if it was a red state, New Yorkers would know better than to vote for Trump the con man.

Old 10-19-2020, 07:57 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,115,163 times
Husband and I (both males) moved from Chicago to Indiana and Florida. I'm registered in Indiana and he is registered in Florida. We did this to make our liberal votes count. So, suck it.

Old 10-19-2020, 10:39 AM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
If one were to put this in sociological terms, it becomes tautological: Why do successful groups expand? Silly question, right? Having the means to expand is obviously part of the definition of "successful".

There's a reason we don't see a comparable number of conservatives cashing in on the equity of their Tennessee real-estate and bringing their views to Santa Monica.

Old 10-26-2020, 08:08 AM

1,951 posts, read 2,300,032 times
because Conservatives don't use words like tautological that way the don't appear obsequious

Old 10-26-2020, 08:11 AM

37,203 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Maybe the liberals on this board can help answer that question. If you have created such great areas to live in with great government and services, why are you moving out of those areas in droves to more conservative areas? This makes no sense at all, unless you realize what you have created in the liberal cities is not so great?
We're colonizing them, preparing for a mass takeover. Keep your doors locked.

Old 10-26-2020, 08:24 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
They don't. Most of them move from their no-jobs, no-handouts red states to the blue states with jobs, good wages, healthcare, and handouts, which is why housing has become so unaffordable in blue states and why people in blue states are starting to leave in search of affordable housing.
Right. I have never known anyone move for political reasons. Its always for a job, retirement, or being closer to aging parents, grandchildren etc common sense reasons.

Old 10-26-2020, 08:25 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
I moved out of Chicago to rural AZ in 1980 for all the out of doors activities. I never liked the big city. The traffic. The Ozone was killing my eyes and sinuses. The crime was no joke, but I was never personally affected.

Very soon after moving out to the sticks my house was robbed! lol

Old 10-26-2020, 09:55 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
There is always a few rats in the corn crib. Fortunately, libs do not like the more rugged outdoor areas and stick to places where they can get a Starbucks and a New York Times. That leaves the great outdoors to us- the people who appreciate and will maintain the natural beauty.

Look at CO. The libs have moved into Denver, Aurora, and Fort Collins, but have left the small mountain communities alone. Why? It is too hard for them to live there.

Fortunately libs just infest cities and leave most of the countryside alone.
Unfortunately those urban centers then also control the state government. That's what's happened here in NV. And OR, WA, CO and its creeping into ID and AZ now. And TX is in serious danger as well.

And the state government affects us all.

Old 10-31-2020, 03:57 PM

59 posts, read 159,431 times
It infuriates me when people move to a more rural place for whatever reason, and then want to change that place into where they came from. They move a quite town, but start clamoring for "a Target", or "a mall", or whatever. And don't get me started on the political thing.

I have read on this forum from Liberals, "we are moving to change your towns, so just get used to it", and "just suck it up!" Wow. How considerate. And they wonder why we keep moving to get OUT of Liberal cities? Portland used to be a wonderful place; beautiful city. But with the Liberal leaders, it has become a homeless camp with feces on the sidewalks, looting and rioting. Those businesses are moving out along with scores of people. So.... why would they want to change where they are going into Portland? Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Chicago; it is all the same story. Liberals rioting saying "We'll show you; we will just burn down and destroy our own cities!!" Idiocy.

If you move to a rural town, remember what drew you to it in the first place, and try to respect that. It was attractive to move to for a reason, and you left what you came from for a reason. It is called consideration.

Last edited by justmyopinion; 10-31-2020 at 04:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies