Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: It over! Which candidate won tonight's debate?
Trump 172 35.32%
Biden 198 40.66%
Neither 117 24.02%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 09:19 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What? Biden “Antifa Is An Idea Not A Movement”

He actually said it was an idea, not an organization.

Leave it to a Trumpling to get it wrong!
The problem is that it IS AN ORGANIZATION. A terrorist organization.

How in the world do you think that they-

1. obtain funding
2. secure weapons and supplies for riots
3. coordinate attacks around the country
4. are directed to attack specific politician's homes?
5. "movements" do not have organized extortion rackets of businesses

Calling a terrorist group a "movement" is just liberal semantics trying to make dems feel better about supporting terrorists.

Old 09-30-2020, 09:22 AM

493 posts, read 192,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
^^This according to trump's head of the FBI.

https://apnews.com/article/donald-tr...d0be4b65f2362e
Again, just Google Rose City Antifa, among others.

Antifa is far more than an ideology.

Old 09-30-2020, 09:22 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The problem is that it IS AN ORGANIZATION. A terrorist organization.

How in the world do you think that they-

1. obtain funding
2. secure weapons and supplies for riots
3. coordinate attacks around the country
4. are directed to attack specific politician's homes?
5. "movements" do not have organized extortion rackets of businesses

Calling a terrorist group a "movement" is just liberal semantics trying to make dems feel better about supporting terrorists.
It's the left playing word games again.

Notice how they say that pantifa is "not an organization" but insist that white supremacy is. "Rose City Antifa" is "just an ideology". Right, that's why they've named themselves as a group, as have many other groups in the very organized antifa "ideology".

I already debunked their BS on another thread a week or so ago. The black bloc definitely IS organized, and it IS funded, and it DOES have many ties to many other organizations.

The only people who say it's not organized are liars or idiots.

Old 09-30-2020, 09:23 AM

9,530 posts, read 16,515,499 times
I think the World Community must really be wondering today after this debate. Why Americans would actually want these 2 as President. They already wonder that about Trump. It is sad that as a country we allow these people to run for office. I think it says more about all of us than Biden or Trump. This country obviously is dying.

Old 09-30-2020, 09:23 AM

8,497 posts, read 4,559,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
We just saw the President of the United States act like a complete mad man in the most important event of the election. And his supporters think that was just great. What an amazingly sad time in our country's history this is for most of us.

Trump is an embarrassment to the nation.

Old 09-30-2020, 09:24 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Trump interrupted Biden every time he tried to say something, which turned the whole show into a circus.

I would not be surprised if there won't be more debates, and why would there, when they are a waste of time.

Old 09-30-2020, 09:27 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
One candidate said no one should wear devices and a 3rd party with observers from both sides should make sure neither wore devices.
This candidate declined to accept this rule change:
Why do you think the above candidate declined to have a no devices and check for devices rule?
Who is to blame for devices? The one who tried to ban it or the one with an apparent wire that refused to have it banned?

There's no truth to the allegations, which Trump & minions have propagated. The Biden campaign did not refuse to consent to an inspection for an earpiece ahead of the debate and the debate commission says the same.

I for one am getting sick and tired of all the poop that is meant as a distraction from the inadequacies and failures of our POTUS. Last night's antics revealed Trump's absolute disrespect for the American people as he deliberately and intentionally created chaos and confusion to avoid real debate. Clearly a calculated strategy to make his opponent look bad and instead Trump illustrated his own mental deficiencies. He was out of control and unhinged. At times ranting incoherently while his opponent was attempting to answer questions. And today his usual apologists rush to defend the indefensible with the same old bread and circuses that are no excuse for the behavior of their candidate.

I don't believe I am alone in my irritation at the childish school yard junk that Trump and his campaign utilizes. Rumor mongering and smearing innuendos pre debate. Phoney- baloney excuses for the President's bald-faced lies and mind-boggling blame shifting during the debate. Post-debate whining and crying of foul play because Trump was respectfully and repeatedly asked to abide by the rules of debate and decency by a moderator whose job indeed it is to ask the questions and moderate. Geez, Trump and friends seem to mock anyone who does their job. Could it be due to the fact they have a candidate who doesn't do his? You know the one he is constantly campaigning for but fails to comprehend or perform.

Trump is losing, everyone knows it, including Trump himself. He looked and acted like one, last evening.
Trump is an odious sick man. A loser. Americans deserve better.

Old 09-30-2020, 09:30 AM

334 posts, read 170,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
There's no truth to the allegations, which Trump & minions have propagated. The Biden campaign did not refuse to consent to an inspection for an earpiece ahead of the debate and the debate commission says the same.

I for one am getting sick and tired of all the poop that is meant as a distraction from the inadequacies and failures of our POTUS. Last night's antics revealed Trump's absolute disrespect for the American people as he deliberately and intentionally created chaos and confusion to avoid real debate. Clearly a calculated strategy to make his opponent look bad and instead Trump illustrated his own mental deficiencies. He was out of control and unhinged. At times ranting incoherently while his opponent was attempting to answer questions. And today his usual apologists rush to defend the indefensible with the same old bread and circuses that are no excuse for the behavior of their candidate.

I don't believe I am alone in my irritation at the childish school yard junk that Trump and his campaign utilizes. Rumor mongering and smearing innuendos pre debate. Phoney- baloney excuses for the President's bald-faced lies and mind-boggling blame shifting during the debate. Post-debate whining and crying of foul play because Trump was respectfully and repeatedly asked to abide by the rules of debate and decency by a moderator whose job indeed it is to ask the questions and moderate. Geez, Trump and friends seem to mock anyone who does their job. Could it be due to the fact they have a candidate who doesn't do his? You know the one he is constantly campaigning for but fails to comprehend or perform.

Trump is losing, everyone knows it, including Trump himself. He looked and acted like one, last evening.
Trump is an odious sick man. A loser. Americans deserve better.
And you think Biden is the better answer?

Old 09-30-2020, 09:30 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,491,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Did the NAACP cause billions of dollars in damage every few months?

Yes Trump said stand down and stand by.
Looks like you didn't, and most likely won't, answer my question....Why is it that Biden can never say the names antifa or blm when he talks about the violence?
Did it not bother you that he deflected when he was asked to tell antifa to stand down?

I just wonder if a lot of the violence is the result of groups like the Proud Boys dressing up like Antifa, blending in and fomenting the violence, so peaceful protests can be "devolved" into that violence we see. I wouldn't put that past them. Biden has rejected the violent acts by violent protesters. Why doesn't Trump do the same instead of "egging on" violence? Trump's "divide and conquer methodology" is getting old!

Old 09-30-2020, 09:32 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
Trump was a petulant, unruly bully who wanted this to be a rally and not a debate.

No inside rallies, Mr. President? Tell that to Herman Cain. There's a picture of him there.

Did not even TRY to deny he called military members losers. Just tried to pivot it onto Biden's other son, allowing Biden a moment to open up and connect with Americans....again.

Was asked to denounce White Supremacists and White Nationalists (Wallace called them out specifically when Trump could not think of a far right group) but Trump instead pivoted to telling the Proud Boys to "Stand Down and Stand By"

Incited his brownshirts to take to the streets if the election does not go his way.

Generally embarrassed this country (again) by acting like the least stable President in history (again).

As a lifelong Republican, Trump is definitely, in no way, no how, getting my vote.

Biden did not win the debate; Trump lost it.
If you are a life long Republican and can vote for someone as weak as Biden you must be a RINO. Did Trump bully Biden? to some degree, yes he did and we all know he has a big mouth that he needs to tape shut sometimes but if I have to choose a leader I would rather choose the person who is a bully than the person who allows him/her self to be bullied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies