Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: It over! Which candidate won tonight's debate?
Trump 172 35.32%
Biden 198 40.66%
Neither 117 24.02%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 09:54 AM

2,648 posts, read 2,317,911 times

Advertisements

I'm one of those undecided voters.

Last nights debate, if you can even call it that was an embarrassment to me. Trump was so obnoxious and rude when he kept going over his time and arguing even with the moderator and constantly interrupting Biden.

Honestly, the only things I took away from that debate was just remembering Trump acting like he was becoming unhinged and out of control and Biden answering questions when Trump let him speak. I didn't hear anything new from Biden but at least he acted with more decorum.

Old 09-30-2020, 09:55 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,494,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
After this debate, it's clear that Biden got no chances of being a president. He just kept rambling without being able to make any full and clear sentences without his teleprompter. President Trump on the other hand was presidential, very clear in what he did was for this country and will be doing.

Presidential? He looked like a 2 year old who had his candy and toy taken from his hand. "I'm going to scream and pout for 90 minutes" and that's what Trump did. Biden and Wallace should have simultaneously yelled out at 100 decibels "Donald S-T-F-U!"

Old 09-30-2020, 09:59 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
One candidate said no one should wear devices and a 3rd party with observers from both sides should make sure neither wore devices.

This candidate declined to accept this rule change:

Why do you think the above candidate declined to have a no devices and check for devices rule?

Who is to blame for devices? The one who tried to ban it or the one with an apparent wire that refused to have it banned?
This like the "ear piece" that Hillary wore?

Old 09-30-2020, 10:00 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
The liberal agenda for Debate 1 is to convince independents to think the debate was Orange Man Bad.
All anyone had to do is watch the debate to see that Trump was acting like a 3 year old throwing a tantrum for 90 minutes. Trump did that not the liberals.

Old 09-30-2020, 10:01 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
No one allows him or herself to be bullied. As for last night, Biden did fight back. And so did Chris Wallace. Why would you choose a bully, anyway? Especially one who lies.
That poster is an admitted party before country voter. She will choose either the bully or the bullied completely based on the letter following the name. That's how.

Old 09-30-2020, 10:02 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,903,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Wow... I didn't watch but I just can't see anyone voting for Biden.

Assuming he was in full control that means he is trying to pretend he is like Trump to get votes.
I am sure you can find full replays on YouTube. Please watch - then see what you think. Biden's patience was sorely tried by a ranting, insulting, continuously interrupting Trump.

Each candidate was supposed to have two minutes to respond to each question. Every single time it was Biden's turn, Trump butted in and mouthed off. Rude, rude, rude and disrespectful of not only Biden, but also of the moderator, the rules he had agreed to ahead of time, and most of all, the American people who were watching closely.

No wonder Biden told Trump to shut up. Sadly, Trump didn't follow that excellent advice and continued his disgraceful behavior throughout what as a direct result of Trump's appalling behavior, turned out to be more debacle than debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
Chris Wallace : “Are you willing tonight to condemn white supremacists?”

Trump: “Sure, I'm willing to do that."

What we didn't see was Biden condemn Antifa...he instead deflected and said its an idea not an org. What a liar.
Except he didn't actually do it, despite saying he was willing to. The closest we got was "Proud Boys, stand down and stand by." And then more ranting about "the left".

At least Joe actually said people breaking the law during the protests/riots should be prosecuted.

1,868 posts, read 3,069,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliedeee View Post

Last nights debate, if you can even call it that was an embarrassment to me. Trump was so obnoxious and rude when he kept going over his time and arguing even with the moderator and constantly interrupting Biden.

Honestly, the only things I took away from that debate was just remembering Trump acting like he was becoming unhinged and out of control and Biden answering questions when Trump let him speak. I didn't hear anything new from Biden but at least he acted with more decorum.
Yeah, my takeaways were that Biden was flat and Trump was a man-child. Personally, I think Trump over played his hand which was off-putting to everyone except his base.

I don’t know who “won” but undecided American voters certainly lost.

Old 09-30-2020, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
But

Helium Heels Harris is the backup
And people wonder why women are moving away from the GOP....

Old 09-30-2020, 10:04 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliedeee View Post

^^^THIS is the true takeaway of the debate. Those on the fence got to see the bully in the White House who thinks he is the only one who counts and therefore, his is the only voice that should be heard.

Trump lost what few independent/undecideds remained last night. What a disastrous night for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies