Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2020, 10:06 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,898,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
1)It's rape.
2)Alot of crime its intra-family. When has that ever meant it was "lighter"?

you can't be serious.
I bet stuff like this happens a lot in non-Amish families too maybe more common with foreign groups, and the prosecution is light and the media just doesn't report it or the incident stays hidden in the closet. Seems like it's a big deal to some because Amish are white. Anyway I don't have a problem with prosecutors going more light or hands off in intra-family crimes. It's likely they often do.

Old 09-27-2020, 12:03 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,654,108 times
Im surprised they even prosecuted the 2 boys...we have a fairly large Amish settlement close to where I live, the county does not pursue them for ANYTHINGllllll

Old 09-27-2020, 12:15 AM

37,181 posts, read 41,383,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Since when do Prosecutor's take that into consideration when sentencing? This guy shouldn't have his job.

A real tough guy and a stickler for consequences when it's pretty much guaranteed these two sicko's will complete the program on time.
I suspect the prosecutor was crazy like a fox. Be lenient as a gesture to the community while not expecting the two to comply. They did not and it did not take long.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...ve/3524713001/

"Court records filed Thursday show that Berkstresser now alleges that both of the brothers violated their five-year probation 'by having contact with the victim of the crime, after signing the sex offender supervision agreement that prohibited contact with the victim.'

The contact took place 'with the victim at her residence', according to Thursday's motion."

By the way, if someone describes the two as "very immature" I wonder if there are not intellectual issues in play. There are also two younger boys involved.

Old 09-27-2020, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I suspect the prosecutor was crazy like a fox. Be lenient as a gesture to the community while not expecting the two to comply. They did not and it did not take long.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...ve/3524713001/

"Court records filed Thursday show that Berkstresser now alleges that both of the brothers violated their five-year probation 'by having contact with the victim of the crime, after signing the sex offender supervision agreement that prohibited contact with the victim.'

The contact took place 'with the victim at her residence', according to Thursday's motion."

By the way, if someone describes the two as "very immature" I wonder if there are not intellectual issues in play. There are also two younger boys involved.
I dont understand what good its going to do having them labelled as 'sex offenders'...Amish people (of any age) are not allowed to live outside Amish communities.

Old 09-27-2020, 12:33 AM

37,181 posts, read 41,383,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I dont understand what good its going to do having them labelled as 'sex offenders'...Amish people (of any age) are not allowed to live outside Amish communities.
They certainly may leave if they wish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumspringa

Old 09-27-2020, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
They certainly may leave if they wish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumspringa
Yes, but they can never return, they are also outcast after they leave, even parents want nothing to do with children that leave and go live in the world.

I was just saying, if they were labelled 'sex offenders', most states have rules on where sex offenders can and cannot live, or even spend time at...but with the Amish, they would not be able to tell them to go live somewhere else.

Old 09-27-2020, 04:17 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,196,877 times
Disgusting but not surprising.

Old 09-27-2020, 05:12 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,856,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I bet stuff like this happens a lot in non-Amish families too maybe more common with foreign groups, and the prosecution is light and the media just doesn't report it or the incident stays hidden in the closet. Seems like it's a big deal to some because Amish are white. Anyway I don't have a problem with prosecutors going more light or hands off in intra-family crimes. It's likely they often do.

Them being Amish or white has nothing to do with it. It's a big deal because they are nasty, sister raping perverts.

Old 09-27-2020, 05:48 AM

30,694 posts, read 18,331,919 times
This is sickening.

Old 09-27-2020, 06:05 AM

5,078 posts, read 2,291,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The whole country has that view, not just “city slickers.”

Amish are people, which makes them just like everyone else. There is nothing inherently special about them as people. Even Luddites can be and ARE bad people.

The 4 devils apply to the Amish just as much as they apply to everyone else...hate, jealousy, greed, and envy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Im surprised they even prosecuted the 2 boys...we have a fairly large Amish settlement close to where I live, the county does not pursue them for ANYTHINGllllll
Yep. We have Amish neighbors. They poach on our land, they used another neighbor’s well while he was away, even though he told them they didn’t have permission, etc. Local authorities won’t touch them for anything they do.

I’m hiding trail cams this year where I know they take deer from our property, and will try taking it to the Fish and Game at the same time as the cops. They need to stay the F off my land. It’s not like they don’t have plenty of their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies